I'm new to this forum and I only created this account, because I have a question about homebrewing rules.
I recently picked up some random DM Cards from DM-01 to DM-05 from ebay to play it with my friends, since I recall having a great time as a kid playing it. And since the cards are really cheap, I thought to buy a few. Of course, I don't have full sets of cards, and many copies of the same cards.
But since I started playing, I wondered, if some of the people who play DM, homebrew some rules to make it more fun, more challenging or more of something else.
And I created this account to ask you, because I thought that this might be the ultimate place to ask.
When I say homebrewing rules, I don't mean taking DM cards and making another board game out of it (although, if you do, I'd be curious to know how you did it), but tweaking the rules to make it more interesting and technical.
Some of my ideas are:
- using 7 shields instead of 5
- altering the effect of summoning sickness when a creature and its evolution are played in the same turn
- sightly altering the mana costs of cards or their abilities when they seem too OP
- maybe getting rid of summoning sickness altogether, since I have no creature cards with haste
- establishing more MTG rules into DM, if possible
Please note here, that I have only some cards from the first 5 sets (most of them are from the very first set), therefore I do not know anything about later abilities, changes, special summons or super ultra mega death combos that might break the game
I really look forward to any constructive comment and hint on how I can improve my enjoyment for this game