Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April Empty DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April

Post by Admin 19.02.18 15:08

Tournament formats are TCG and OCG held separately. Tournament formats are TCG and OCG held separately. The prizes for both formats are the following (if the 8 player goal is met):
    1st place - USD 25
    2nd place - USD 15
    3rd place - USD 10

The prize money will be sent by Paypal and the ones receiving money pay the transferring fees. (If you are in Europe, prize money can be transferred via normal bank transaction using your IBAN and name and it comes with no fees.)

Participation is 100% FREE.

We are applying Best of 3 (Bo3) method for all duels except for the finals that will be Best of 5 (Bo5). Players shall duel each other by implementation of Swiss system (instead of  randomly divided sections of 4-6 players and Round-Robin, that was mentioned earlier). 4 players with most points will proceed to semi-finals and the ones winning the semi-finals will proceed to the finals. In the semifinals, the 1st one will duel the 3rd one and the 2nd one will duel the 4th one.

We will provide you a dueling schedule by implementing Swiss tournament system, but all the participiants have to schedule dueling times with their opponents by themselves. On Saturdays 2 pm (UTC 0), we will have meetings via Discord and you can use that to schedule your tournament duels. You can join our Discord channel here: https://discord.gg/e7DMzJs

The match points goes as follows:
    a win - 3 points
    a tie - 1 point
    a loss - 0 points
    a bye - 3 points

If for some reason one of the players is not able or doesn't want  to duel, the other player receives 3 points for the duel. If neither are able to participate, both receive 1 point.

For OCG, we are using The Hall of Fame provided by Takara Tomy and deck size has to be excactly 40 cards plus up to 8 cards in the hyperspatial zone. For TCG, we are using DMR's Hall of Fame and your deck can be 40 - 80 cards.

This tournament begins at the start of April and you may start dueling as soon as the participants has been confirmed and the first bracket set. All duels are played via Trade Cards Online's dueling platform since it's the most widely spread and easy-to-access platform. It's also possible to check duels played there and even upload them on Youtube, when needed.

You must register using the form and submit your deck (done separately) by e-mail to duelmastersreborn@outlook.com by March 31st. (Submit either the card list or link to the non-private tournament deck on TCO.)

You can register for the tournament by filling out this form:
    https://goo.gl/forms/USmnDd2ydfn5xXOL2

Last edited by ELTP on 23.06.18 17:01; edited 11 times in total
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April Empty Re: DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April

Post by Zach Hartigan 20.02.18 14:38

Im in at both TCG and OCG formats. Ready to duel!

Do we have to own these cards? Id say we need to.

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April Promo114
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April Empty Re: DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April

Post by Admin 20.02.18 15:17

Zach Hartigan wrote:Im in at both TCG and OCG formats. Ready to duel!

Do we have to own these cards? Id say we need to.

Organizing would be way easier and certainly more people would participate if we allowed both real life and dream decks. The key is that all the decks follow given restrictions.

In OCG only decks that are exactly 40 cards plus up to 8 cards in the Hyperspatial zone and in TCG something around 100 cards (generally, 40-50 cards and as close as possible to 40 cards work best).

This tournament is totally free for everyone.
    diabolicaldrew
    diabolicaldrew
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +1

DMR's Online Spring Tournament (TCG/OCG) - April Empty Summer of Dueling

Post by diabolicaldrew 20.02.18 22:51

I would like to be a part of this tournament as well! I would only be in for the TCG format tournament. I would love to get back into being an active participant here. ELTP, what does the watch list under the hall of fame mean? I understood the restricted and limited sections. Just want to be certain on all the rules. I miss dueling so I know this will be a ton of fun seeing all the elite decks of you all build!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 21.02.18 7:03

Great, welcome to duel in TCG format!

The watch list simply includes card that our community has deemed strong and maybe even to strong but nothing has been done to them so they can be played at 4 copies.

EDIT: Let's hold the tournament already in April. The sooner the better. It must be summer somewhere!
    Pakhi
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Post by Pakhi 22.02.18 12:53

In the Tcg tournament, is there any restrictions ? Because from the restricted list it can been seen that, restrictions are to be applied from June, but Tournament will be held in April, right ?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 24.02.18 8:16

The restrictions are effective until end of June, after of which a revised list will become effective.

This tournament's TCG format is going to utilize Reborn's restrictions:
    Bombazar at 0
    Cranium Clamp at 1
    Corile at 1
    Soulswap at 2
    Tom Rogers
    Tom Rogers
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Tom Rogers 24.02.18 20:16

Good with either. Add me!
    Pakhi
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Pakhi 26.02.18 1:01

I am participating Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 01.03.18 16:40

Great to hear so many are interested! I have updated the info for this tournament in the first post.

Please register for the tournament and submit your tournament decks to duelmastersreborn@outlook.com by March 31st.

You can register for the tournament here: https://goo.gl/forms/USmnDd2ydfn5xXOL2
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 02.03.18 10:46

The form is slightly updated now to be more clear.

We have got some registrations already. Keep it up!
    GoldenPhoenix
    GoldenPhoenix
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by GoldenPhoenix 03.03.18 18:35

I'm in! Coming in as an OCG exclusive Participant!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.03.18 22:19

The situation is looking already very good for our tournament. We have 4 participants for TCG format and 4 participants for OCG format.

Please, tell your local communities about this tournament. They don't want to miss this!
    LOGIC
    LOGIC
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by LOGIC 09.03.18 7:57

Also count me in. I already registered in the google doc. I choosed TCG format, even though I'm also an OCG fan, but only on the old OCG format. I've only played until DM-39 fornat. The new japanesse meta is realy far beyond my knowledge.
    I hope this tournament will bring many people together from all the corners of the world. I also find the TCG restriction\limited list very balanced. I'm relieved that I won't see Bombazar xD
    megaguy2222
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by megaguy2222 10.03.18 23:13

Is it alright to just watch the duels?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 12.03.18 16:38

@LOGIC
    Welcome aboard! The OCG has really gone forward. Maybe next time you can participate on that one too.

@megaguy2222
    By all means, we just have to collect the links on this thread after they have been played.

So far, we have now 9 TCG and 7 OCG duelists. So it's looking very good.
    Tom Rogers
    Tom Rogers
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Tom Rogers 16.03.18 23:19

ELTP wrote:@LOGIC
    Welcome aboard! The OCG has really gone forward. Maybe next time you can participate on that one too.

@megaguy2222
    By all means, we just have to collect the links on this thread after they have been played.

So far, we have now 9 TCG and 7 OCG duelists. So it's looking very good.

Spiffy. Looking forward to this
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 20.03.18 12:02

Registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/USmnDd2ydfn5xXOL2

We have now 12 TCG players and 6 OCG players in our tournament! Looking great, we just need 2 more OCG players.
    nitrox
    nitrox

Post by nitrox 20.03.18 12:19

Count me in for the TCG. I've filled the form, will submit deck soon!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 20.03.18 12:39

Excellent @Nitrox!
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 22.03.18 15:28

Ill be taking part in both the OCG and TCG tournaments.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 24.03.18 18:13

I'm glad to hear that @Secret_Wyvern!

The match making will most likely be organized via Challonge. It is likely that we will try Swiss format instead of Round-Robin with sections of up to 8 players (I originally stated groups of 4-6).

The benefit of Round-Robin is that everyone in the section specific is dueling each other once and then the top 2 players are continuing for either semifinals or a new set of Round-Robin. This allows everyone to see their pairing early on but it takes more games to determine the winners.

The benefits of the Swiss system is that it uses a more sophisticated algorithm in pairing of players. This system is also used in official MtG tournaments. It's more fair and faster than randomly sectioned Round-Robin system.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention. I'm thinking that on a Saturday April 7th and then again April 14th we could gather on DM Reborn's Discord server to have our tournament duels. Around 4 pm (UTC+2) in Finland, meaning 10 PM for China, Shanghai and 10 AM for USA, New York. This wouldn't be obligatory but highly recommended.

Your thoughts?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 26.03.18 14:41

On Challonge, I have now set up template versions of the brackets for both TCG and OCG formats. Pleaase take a look.
    DMR's Online Spring Tournament 2018 - TCG
    DMR's Online Spring Tournament 2018 - OCG
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 29.03.18 14:57

We are going to be cutting the top 4 to duel in semifinals after all of the Swiss rounds. That's why we are going to play 1 extra round in relation to the minimum required Swiss rounds. The two players winning the semifinals will proceed to the grand final.

Current Stucture:

Swiss rounds
    - In TCG, for 17 players, there will be 5 + 1 = 6 rounds for everyone
    - In OCG, for 8 players, there will be 3 + 1 = 4 rounds for everyone

The Semifinals
    - 1st versus 3rd and 2nd versus 4th

The Bronze Game
    - The two losing players duel

The Grand Final
    - The two winning players duel
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 01.04.18 13:00

The registration has now ended and we managed to gather 22 TCG and 9 OCG duelists!

We are going through your deck lists and will e-mail all the contestants very shortly. Stay tuned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 7:17