Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards Empty Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Post by Admin 25.11.16 20:39

Below you can find our value estimates for DM cards in a Google sheets form. Values are estimated with increasing inaccuracy when the value gets higher. Mainly the accuracy is around 1-5 € but these are only suggestions - not hard facts - after all. A big factor regarding the value estimates has been my personal experience when dealing cards internationally in the course of around 10 years. I have also investigated prices found on eBay, but they were usually too high in my opinion. I have asked other longtime Duel Masters fans to give their estimations as well to give a more inclusive picture.

Below you can find rough estimates on how valuable a card is in a specific grade in comparison to a card in M/NM grade:
    GEM - 110 %
    M - 105 %
    M/NM - 100 %
    NM - 95 %
    NM/EXC - 85 %
    EXC - 80 %
    EXC/PLD - 50 %
    PLD - 40 %
    PLD/DMG - 15 %
    DMG - 10 %

The command Ctrl + f is very useful across most operating systems. Remember that these are merely value estimates and mainly determined by me and my own experiences. Below you can find a link to the Google Sheet document.

Suggested Card Values
    CLICK HERE

Hopefully the list is helpful. Feel free to leave a comment below.

If you want to know more about how to grade a card, check out this thread.

Last edited by ELTP on 15.05.20 13:22; edited 15 times in total
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards Empty Re: Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Post by KazeBlack 03.02.17 5:25

Prices also highly depend on region. A Japanese card is worth much more in Europe since it is much harder to find. That's why in my opinion giving a fixed basic pricelist is nonsense as the prices vary A LOT, no matter which set. Especially the earlier English ones are affected by this as these have foreign language variations. Foreign language is always more valuable than their English brothers since there are far less copies of those in total.

Also, like in any TCG, cards which have misprints/miscuts/krimps, are artist proofs or have any other specialty to them are always more valuable and depending on how big the error, the more its price will shoot through the roof.

I'm the proud owner of several artist proofs which are limited to only a handful (for MTG it's 50, I assume it's the same for DM) copies worldwide each (for those who don't know these are cards having a completely blank backside and are only given to the artists who draw the artworks for the cards, they never enter regular circulation). Someone from Japan offered me about 400$ for a single one of those. I didn't sell it because it was a gift from the artist which i hold very dear. But this is a good example for card which breaks all rules.

DM actually is one of the card games with the least amount of misprints. Of course there are occasionally strongly visible offcuts and krimps, but actual severe miscuts are a true rarity.

Last edited by KazeBlack on 04.02.17 16:19; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards Empty Re: Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Post by Admin 03.02.17 12:29

You have lots of great points there KB, but English cards prices are quite stable. Surprisingly I'd even say. But you are right, even for them it's not possible to offer fixed prices that would be accurate. It's just the nature of every TCG, the market value changes based on supply and demand. The supply for DM-10 - DM-12 cards and promos is very limited and the demand relatively high, so estimating fixed values for those cards is especially difficult. Nonetheless, since Duel Masters TCG is discontinued outside Japan, the market is not really facing anything new.

Global market places like eBay, Amazon and Carousell help keeping the prices about at the same level no matter where your actual location is. This doesn't really apply for OCG cards since the language (even alphabetical) and cultural barrier between most of Asian countries and the rest of the world.

What comes to the higher value of non-English cards, I have to disagree a bit. Not many duelist still accept the idea of using non-English cards on their decks and the collectors really prefer English cards if there are no cards available in their native language. And even then, they usually prefer English cards since they are more universally accepted. This way the demand for English card is far superior to the demand of the cards printed in different language and thus although the supply for some language editions is very limited, the prices really are lower. This is true at least for the German prints, since the supply for them is one of the highest of any language edition there is for DM. Back in the day English BurgerKings promos went for around 60e while the German ones went for around 30e each. But the value of German cards at least seems to be rising again, based on what's happening on German eBay. Spanish cards, though, aren't really no where to be seen. French and Italian prints are sometimes offered.

Since Duel Masters OCG is still being printed and new cards come out, I wouldn't dare to make a fixed list like that for them. It would be very inaccurate even after just one week or so. But on the other hand Japanese values are easily observable by inspecting the Japanese Marketplaces, mainly Yahoo Shopping and Yahoo Auctions since they usually are offering almost any card that would be relevant in their meta. Other cards, like very old first editions, not so much. So the original OCG prints could be even more valuable than their English prints, since there surely is more Japanese collectors nowadays than others since the game is continued only there.

My point being, the values of Duel Masters TCG cards are quite stable, unlike the values of OCG cards. Usually English prints are valued the highest but this is all determined by supply and demand.

It's true that there isn't really misprints in DM and they usually are very minor. I haven't even seen any of those so called Artist Proofs at least not a DM one. Haven't even seen a photo. They surely are rare!
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 03.02.17 13:05

ELTP wrote: I haven't even seen any of those so called Artist Proofs at least not a DM one. Haven't even seen a photo. They surely are rare!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the dm-proofs you have, but I think I might have seen them before (shared by Stefan on facebook).

I have one of Eternal Haven from Jesper Ejsing, and a few signed cards from him and Daisuke Izuka, but thats it.

Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Post by Mr-ex777 03.02.17 14:52

Nicol Bolas should be 6000 yen at best and 10000 yen at worst. Thank god i already had 2 by opening black boxes. It's currently the most expensive regular card in dm because

1. It very likely won't get reprinted again
    2. It's a very powerful and evil and can crush entire strategies apart all by itself
    3. It happens to end up in the high side of side b in black box pack

Another one worthy of mentioning are the Grand Prix Promos regardless of version. These currently include Kaiser Baki, Wilhelm and Diehard and also includes Intenst Vacuuming Twist, Imen=Bugo and Crystal Memory. These cards are only given in various tourneys and sell over 40000 yen per card. If it's the 8 given in the Grand Prix itself, it's even higher, sometimes going to 1000000+.
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 14.07.17 12:40

Actually hilarious...
    Who the hell pays 70€ for a f... piece of paper?
    For commons i wouldn't even pay 1€
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 14.07.17 15:20

Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:Actually hilarious...

Quite many actually, even more than 100€. It's just how trading cards work, cards have value.

I would pay 1€ for quite many different commons especially when they are mint. (of course, not for every common).
    Waterford201
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Waterford201 15.07.17 10:45

I would agree with ELTP on the card prices and nearly all TCGs have cards that far eceed 100 some even into the 1000s
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 15.07.17 13:31

ELTP wrote:
    Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:Actually hilarious...

Quite many actually, even more than 100€. It's just how trading cards work, cards have value.

I would pay 1€ for quite many different commons especially when they are mint. (of course, not for every common).

I would also pay 1€ for good ones, but never over 15€ for a piece of paper.
    Come to my age and have a family, then you'll see what i mean with hilarious tongue
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 19.09.17 19:16

Updated
    JJROCKETS
    JJROCKETS
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +2

Post by JJROCKETS 20.09.17 4:01

Thanks for making and updating this, as someone who has been recently selling a lot of rare promos and such it's been very helpful for me.
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 20.09.17 17:39

Thats fair to you. Thank you sir making many Duelists dreams come true king

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards Promo114
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 21.09.17 11:29

JJROCKETS wrote:Thanks for making and updating this, as someone who has been recently selling a lot of rare promos and such it's been very helpful for me.
    It was a pleasure - and lots of work. Many has asked for this so I'm certain this will help many.

Feel free to comment. Again, this list is mostly compiled by me and based on my experience and investigation.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 05.10.17 16:16

This is a great help for all Duelist with reallife cards. It was/is helpful to me in the past too.
    However, i thought about a 'Price Guide/Cataloug for DM TCG' developed by a minumum of 3 forum members to give it a more reliable and collabrative character that mirrors the true value or maybe comes closer too it.
    I never like the prices on ebay but to be realistic, there should at least one ebay seller of those persons who is willing to create such a catalogue.
    What do you think? Is this really needed or is the suggested card values by ELTP just fine?
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 06.10.17 5:13

The problem is, that the one big seller from ebay germany has absolutely no idea of the values.
    Sold swap for 5€ plus shipping...
    Commoms 50ct, uncommons 1-2€ and rare 5€.
    All foils at inhuman and utopic prices, like rothus for 10€...
    The other one big seller from germany is in my whatsapp group (not yours, its an exclusive one)
    And not on this forums.
    DeathOnion
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by DeathOnion 26.05.18 18:55

Could we get an update for this? Some values seem way off
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 27.05.18 15:21

Hi DeathOnion. We will try to update the list this summer. It is a very time consuming task and it is very difficult if not impossible to determine values for all cards, like some hard to find promos. Nevertheless, we will do our best. You should hear from us in a month or so.
    DeathOnion
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by DeathOnion 27.05.18 21:01

It would definitely be a grueling process! I actually just wanted to know if people were considering an update. Maybe people could pitch in to help out.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 30.05.18 11:26

DeathOnion wrote:Could we get an update for this? Some values seem way off

You will always have different opinions on Card values, because every Local "Cardpool" is different.

If nobody in your local DM group owns Soulswap i'm sure you will value this Card higher than a guy with a local DM group where everyone owns 4 Playsets (I know this is a harsh example bounce )

But i do understand your consideration.
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 30.05.18 13:08

I've been very active on ebay for the past 2 years. I have a pretty good understanding on how much the cards sell for. Here's the prices from my perspective:

https://pastebin.com/GyaDmCWr
    DeathOnion
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by DeathOnion 30.05.18 13:36

Wow, that does seem pretty accurate! (based off all the card hunting I've been doing) Unfortunately, ebay usually has some ridiculous prices like 80 bucks for a core crash lizard. Sigh.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 30.05.18 17:43

Not bad values Jynkky. Some of them are too low, unfortunately, like those DM-02 SRs. Not saying that you couldn't get them for that low or even lower, but it is expected that you need to pay more.
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 30.05.18 20:23

ELTP wrote:Not bad values Jynkky. Some of them are too low, unfortunately, like those DM-02 SRs. Not saying that you couldn't get them for that low or even lower, but it is expected that you need to pay more.

Buyer is the only person that decides the price. And not a single person in this planet would pay 20USD for neither of my mint paladin or dual fang.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 31.05.18 10:32

Incorrect, the price is negotiated between the buyer and the seller. Usually, if the seller is experienced, he gives the starting price. However, if the seller is not experienced, the buyer determines the starting price. But in both cases, the final price has to be accepted by both the seller and the buyer.

When it comes to the suggested prices, it is very difficult to determine single price points. There's variety between local communities even, despite ebay and other global marketplaces. As you certainly know.

I would say Ultracide is at least 10e still since that's usually how much it has been in Finland when somebody has been asking for it.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 31.05.18 11:59

ELTP wrote:Incorrect, the price is negotiated between the buyer and the seller. Usually, if the seller is experienced, he gives the starting price. However, if the seller is not experienced, the buyer determines the starting price. But in both cases, the final price has to be accepted by both the seller and the buyer.

When it comes to the suggested prices, it is very difficult to determine single price points. There's variety between local communities even, despite ebay and other global marketplaces. As you certainly know.

I would say Ultracide is at least 10e still since that's usually how much it has been in Finland when somebody has been asking for it.

A Price Guide is NEVER perfectly but it isn't even meant to be perfect.
    Its just a direction, so that people can estimate cards.

(Hmm in Germany nobody would pay 10e for Ultracide Worm)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 9:35