Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Post by loui-mh 31.05.18 17:32

Halfar wrote:(Hmm in Germany nobody would pay 10e for Ultracide Worm)

Indeed dude! Very Happy
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards

Post by Halfar 02.06.18 10:16

loui-mh wrote:
    Halfar wrote:(Hmm in Germany nobody would pay 10e for Ultracide Worm)

Indeed dude! Very Happy

If anyone would ever need a playset of Ultracide Worm for this Price i would sell it immediately king
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 02.06.18 17:38

Halfar wrote:A Price Guide is NEVER perfectly but it isn't even meant to be perfect.
    Its just a direction, so that people can estimate cards.

(Hmm in Germany nobody would pay 10e for Ultracide Worm)
    True, that's why this list is compiling Suggested Values and not Exact Prices.

If a person would need a M/NM Ultracide, it is likely that he would be willing to pay 8-12€ for it. Not many have been asking for it for a while. And when they are, they only need 1 or 2.
    DeathOnion
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +6

Post by DeathOnion 02.06.18 17:41

Problem is a lot of people base their selling prices off this list, which is problematic for buyers since a lot of these prices are highballs
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 02.06.18 18:43

Just politely remind those sellers that these are pretty much optimal case values (note, not necessarily prices) for single cards. Usually the price is somewhat lower but can also be higher. When selling in a more or les random lot, very rarely if never can seller expect to get a "full price" for the cards. To maximize profits, one has to sell separately but that means more effort.

We have discussed the state of this list with the board, and the prices will be adjusted this month.
    äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by äksä 04.06.18 19:59

One solution could be this kind of google sheet.
    (ignore the values and # errors/0)

We could have selected (trusted) valuators who get their own subsheet. Each valuator have permissions to modify only their own sheet. They can insert and modify their estimations at any time. And they don't have to give estimation to every single card - the ones they are familiar with is enough. The main sheet calculates average estimation of the valuators' estimations. New valuators can be added and old/trolling/abusive removed any time.
    That would bring multiple perspectives to the valuations and allow more fluent changes.

Some additional features could be added. For example this version automatically converts the values to both EUR and USD.

What do you think? Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.06.18 21:33

I like that idea very much, @äksä! Why did we not think of that before. The only challenge would be choosing those who could add their valuations there. I guess active DM sellers/buyers/traders would be a great start.

Please let me know if you are interested either here or via pm. Don't forgot to reason why you would be fitting and tell us a little bit of yourself while you are at it.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 05.06.18 7:15

ELTP wrote:I like that idea very much, @äksä! Why did we not think of that before. The only challenge would be choosing those who could add their valuations there. I guess active DM sellers/buyers/traders would be a great start.

Please let me know if you are interested either here or via pm. Don't forgot to reason why you would be fitting and tell us a little bit of yourself while you are at it.

Maybe we could also propose a candidate?

Everyone who have someone in their mind could PM you.
    DeathOnion
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +6

Post by DeathOnion 05.06.18 7:19

Maybe we could have value ranges instead of averages, like Ultracide Worm going from 5-10 rather than just 5 or 10. It would give everyone a better idea of price fluctuations!
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Post by loui-mh 05.06.18 10:29

äksä wrote:We could have selected (trusted) valuators who get their own subsheet. Each valuator have permissions to modify only their own sheet. They can insert and modify their estimations at any time. And they don't have to give estimation to every single card - the ones they are familiar with is enough. The main sheet calculates average estimation of the valuators' estimations. New valuators can be added and old/trolling/abusive removed any time.
    That would bring multiple perspectives to the valuations and allow more fluent changes.

Yes, really nice idea! I like that option to include some traders/buyers/collectors who can value the cards and then we get an estimated price which changes by time. I really good idea imo Exclamation

äksä wrote:Some additional features could be added. For example this version automatically converts the values to both EUR and USD.

Also I like the feature to display the prices in EUR and USD since most of us are coming from there, great idea @äksä!

Let me know if you need any information, could offer me.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 05.10.18 10:12

Hi all! We have finally been able to publish the first version of our online evaluations! More evaluators will be added as soon as possible.

*THIS IS OLD NOW*
    Old news

Here's the updated list:
    CLICK HERE to get to the new list

Last edited by ELTP on 11.09.19 16:15; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 13.10.18 13:42

Here's the updated value list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RY6loSi-YmpUut7FNeelSZS2GZrxsMWx3ID5oRXwDco/edit?usp=sharing
    _wkloh
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Post by _wkloh 17.04.19 20:19

I have been looking and thinking for a while. TCG is not officially in print any more and card shops don't sell them. So there is no official secondary market to benchmark/stabilize card prices. What people will offer to buy/sell at, is absolutely entirely up to their discretion and a so-called 'price list' does not really need to be created.

I am speaking out on behalf of health of the whole game. I am an active player in Singapore in OCG and I believe many of us came from TCG backgrounds, and its all nice to be able to source out old valuable cards like an English Bombazar/Bolmeteus for very high prices. But i can't say the same for Japan as:

1) Bombazar has been banned and fetches no value at all. And he has been reincarnated into many different variations (Onimaru head which is way better)
    2) Bolmeteus has been reprinted a hell lot of times and with the exception of the DM 06 OCG version, none of them fetch more than 4 Singapore Dollars at most (convert that into euros at your own leisure)

I have sourced out sellers in Singapore and I can honestly say all of them are ripping you off because they stand to profit too much from selling cards of high meta value. So that brings me to my next point: for the sake of your wallets, please do not buy English cards from my country.

Get the reprints from Japan, its the same damn card and they are so much cheaper. Otherwise, make a smart investment in OCG and enjoy the years of gameplay that has evolved from OCG Smile

Thank you!
    Rishino
    Rishino
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Rishino 17.04.19 22:24

^I’ve been having the exact same thoughts. The stupid monopoly on TCG DM cards is getting out of hand. I see people asking over 100$ for Bolmeteus and sometimes even crazier things like 1000$ DM-10 or 12 super rares. I sold a whole binder of relatively useless super rares for almost 300$ within hours, but according to ebay prices, I should have been able to get at least 700$
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 25.04.19 8:00

Rishino wrote:^I’ve been having the exact same thoughts. The stupid monopoly on TCG DM cards is getting out of hand. I see people asking over 100$ for Bolmeteus and sometimes even crazier things like 1000$ DM-10 or 12 super rares. I sold a whole binder of relatively useless super rares for almost 300$ within hours, but according to ebay prices, I should have been able to get at least 700$

Yeah Bolmeteus for 100$ is way to much.
    Ebay prices are mostly insanely high.

BTW: I updated my Values.
    Rishino
    Rishino
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Rishino 25.04.19 15:26

Halfar wrote:
    Rishino wrote:^I’ve been having the exact same thoughts. The stupid monopoly on TCG DM cards is getting out of hand. I see people asking over 100$ for Bolmeteus and sometimes even crazier things like 1000$ DM-10 or 12 super rares. I sold a whole binder of relatively useless super rares for almost 300$ within hours, but according to ebay prices, I should have been able to get at least 700$

Yeah Bolmeteus for 100$ is way to much.
    Ebay prices are mostly insanely high.

BTW: I updated my Values.

Someone on Carousell is asking 40$ for a damaged Bolmeteus. I wonder why DM has been able to maintain such a stable market besides nostalgia and scarcity
    xephon
    xephon
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by xephon 30.04.19 17:01

You should notice how market manipulation works.
    (disallowed in social societys)

If some are able to buy the worldwide stock of one item with small supply, where consumer can be expected, you're able to create demand and dict a price. SRs for example.
    If the consumers accept it by buying it, the average price of that item will raise over time.
    Another way is buying your own item to legitimate your price. Consumers just see some are actually paying that, what raises acceptance unjustified.

The only thing you can do about speculative merchants is to not accept insane prices by not buying it. Send your price, tell him you will wait and pay, and hope for months.. cause the "bull" runs since like 5 years, and hidden prices had been established among the dealership, i guess.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Post by OcaVan 01.05.19 8:54

It's either that people are so despereate and crazy about a card they want that they can not wait anymore. Xephon is right! But all this isn't a real surprise anyway about how prices can develope
    Rishino
    Rishino
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Rishino 11.05.19 10:23

OcaVan wrote:It's either that people are so despereate and crazy about a card they want that they can not wait anymore. Xephon is right! But all this isn't a real surprise anyway about how prices can develope

It's a surprise given the fact that the game has been dead for 13 years Razz

Last edited by Rishino on 09.06.19 10:15; edited 1 time in total
    dawawe
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by dawawe 02.06.19 2:14

How Accurate are the prices in the spread sheet? I was about to get rid of my cards because they've been sitting in a box for like 14 years and saw the price on the t1/y1 stampeeding longhorns is $230 and i have 3, 1 signed.
    Rishino
    Rishino
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Rishino 03.06.19 16:52

dawawe wrote:How Accurate are the prices in the spread sheet? I was about to get rid of my cards because they've been sitting in a box for like 14 years and saw the price on the t1/y1 stampeeding longhorns is $230 and i have 3, 1 signed.

Promo (English) Stampeeding's usually go for that. I've never seen a signed one though
    dawawe
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by dawawe 04.06.19 3:54

Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 CUWKHp6
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 11.09.19 16:18

Were you able to sell those Stampeding Longhorn promos @dawawe? The difficult thing with signed cards is that it's not easy to identify the authentity of the signature.

At the very least, you should pretty easily get 150 USD for each of your Longhorn promos.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 26.01.20 19:48

dawawe wrote:Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 CUWKHp6

Do you have a Story about that signed card?
    I would really want to know that lol!
    thicclipp
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by thicclipp 22.09.20 15:38

What about non-standard cards? I have two cards I'd like to get an opinion on.

1. Error print uberdragon bajula. Foil extends past image into text area and cuts off at an angle near the bottom.
    Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 Img_2011

2. A blank card. Has a bit of a mark near the top left though.
    Suggested Card Values for M/NM Cards - Page 2 Img_2010

Eager to hear what everyone thinks! https://imgur.com/gallery/FEkiOnq

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 4:08