Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

PETSH0P
    PETSH0P
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty PETSH0P's Introduction.

Post by PETSH0P 08.06.20 5:50

Hey everyone! First time here ever!

Just a massive DM fan who just found a reason to play again. Couldn't be more excited. I just want to duel, trade and learn how to build and play much better! I wasn't an amazing duelist as a kid but I built good enough decks to beat the GBA game time after time haha.
    Just excited to be here and actually be around DM fans as an adult.

-PS
    AustraliaDuelMasters
    AustraliaDuelMasters
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by AustraliaDuelMasters 11.06.20 14:31

Welcome bro, it’s fantastic to have you in the community, the revival of duel masters is in full swing. Card prices continue to go up and up. Have you thought about what type of decks you would like to build?
    PETSH0P
    PETSH0P
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by PETSH0P 14.06.20 15:47

Honestly I love every card and I just want to build a few decks that work! I've been away for so long I never really knew what the meta was like as I was so young. Looking to trade if possible as well. Going through my old cards i'm missing 1-2 copies of some good cards like Terror Pit and Rikabu. And lots of cards I have no copies of like Pyrofighter Magnus and Crystal Lancer :/.
    Just here to love the game as it felt like it went away so fast Sad
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Post by Halfar 17.06.20 14:31

Welcome to every new person Smile

@PETSH0P Magnus and Lancer arent that hard.

Contact me, maybe i can help Smile
    PETSH0P
    PETSH0P
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by PETSH0P 17.06.20 23:29

Thanks @Halfar I would love to!

I literally had 1 other friend that was serious about this game when I very young. Like 8 years old until probably 11 or 12 I think. Picked the game up right when it came out and played until Survivors came out (because the packs were actually becoming hard to find in my part of Canada) so my collection is way smaller than it should be. I feel like I never got to REALLY be a duelist in this game, and I've chased that feeling by playing all the other card games.

You guys are welcoming as could be. Thanks!
    universegate
    universegate
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by universegate 18.07.20 6:22

Hello DM Reborn!

My first contacted to Duel Masters was Japanese Shobu Fire Deck at ToysRus.
    I was very tiny boy so I don't remember about why I wanted to it. Anyways, It pulled me into the DMOCG.

DMTCG world looks very interest. Promos are really beauty and it has special art sometime.
    And when I know new knowledge of DMTCG. I often find new discovery.

PETSH0P
    PETSH0P
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by PETSH0P 24.07.20 0:04

Welcome Universegate! よろしくお願いします !
    I'm honestly pretty jealous because I was also very young when the game was around. I wish I could read Japanese better so I could play some form of the OCG. Sadly they stopped making it here in the west. Saddest days were finding out the cards were slowly disappearing so we stopped caring.
    universegate
    universegate
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by universegate 30.07.20 16:30

@PETSH0P Thank you!

To tell the truth I'm jealous you too. Because you are native English user.
    I want to know more DMTCG but it is very slowly pace.

And Metal fun lost human right in Japan haha!
    ManaSeeker
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty What's up DM Reborn???

Post by ManaSeeker 07.09.20 22:32

Hello DM Reborn FAM!

I just found this page but wish I found it sooner. I got into DM when the game was dying and really into it when it was gone for good. Kaijudo was ok but DM for life!

I've been keeping up with DM lately and binging the anime while not knowing a single word.

Also, what are the chances of bringing a "different" form of the game back?? I got some people, I included who have been working on our own version of DM since we'll never get the game

anyway, glad to join!

PETSH0P
    PETSH0P
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by PETSH0P 10.09.20 0:56

Hey there ManaSeeker Smile Welcome!

I'm actually really jealous due to getting into the game RIGHT when it launched in my part of Canada.I wish I could have been around for the later sets. Sadly me and my last friend who played it started to find it difficult to find packs at the big box stores for some reason. We were only like 9-10 years old so buying booster boxes and multiple packs was not possible. Sooooo my collection is not great and I have to slowly build it up Sad

Great to meet you! Hopefully I can challenge you one day, somehow!
    DocBuilding
    DocBuilding
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by DocBuilding 26.10.20 23:21

Hey everyone !

I'm happy to have found this place; I never *really* got into DM (I got a few cards from when I was still a kid), and not too long ago I thought "Oh yeah, DM's a thing...". One thing led to another, and here I am, very late to the party, but still here Razz

I am an absolute novice to this game, I know the rules but not what to play Embarassed I hope I can discover the game a bit more with you guys. I may not be here all the time because I'm in college though.

Again, pleased to meet you all!
    DM_globalveteran
    DM_globalveteran
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty Greetings during difficult time...

Post by DM_globalveteran 28.01.21 12:37

Hey @all,

i make it quick.
    1. I'm deeply sorry when found out that DM Global Forum was shut down, without me being informed (not that i remember) by the website host company. i would have never agreed to such a move. When i left, i had thought the admin powers within the forum to veteran users from Germany and Finland.
    2. Very happy to see that DM on a european community level exists, i found accidentally youtube channel recently. I assume this reborn-forum simply offers international and regional platform (much like what dm global intended but was fated to not be supported outside europe).
    3. most important: please stay safe and healthy. corona can affect younger people too. please reconsider all in-person meetings while the vaccination programs are not yet finished.
    ----

An deutschsprachige User:
    1. Ich hatte nix mit der Schließung von dm global forum auf forumprofi.de zu tun, und soweit ich mich erinnere, hat mich niemand darüber informiert. ich hätte niemals zugelassen, dass dutzende arbeitsstunden und die plattform an sich geschlossen wird. umso erfreulicher ist das auffinden dieses reborn forums und des dt youtube kanals mit aktuellen uploads. weiter so.
    2. auch wen ich nicht mehr aktiver tcg gamer bin, werde ich allen hier bei bedarf als support zB wegen alter pdfs, verfügbar sein. ich bin einfach kein aktiver spieler mehr. bitte beachtet diesen unterschied.
    3. ich habe meine sammlung nie aufgelöst und werde einen teil davon weiterhin als teil meiner erinnerungen behalten. aber ich werde hier wohl einen TRADE/SELL thread eröffnen. vielleicht können sich unsser sammlugen gegenseitig helfen, wie jahrelang in hannover und finnland usw, bitte gebt mir etwas zeit... ich werde nicht ständig hier online sein.

4. Allen, die durch Corona-Virus Schaden erlitten haben oder in den familien, wünsche ich scnhelle Genesung und Kraft. Bitte verlagert spiele-treffen nach hinten, solange das virus für fast alle altersgruppen eine gefahr bleibt.

gruß, bis die tage/wochen
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 28.01.21 13:44

Welcome everyone and happy new year!

The times are definitiely challenging for most of us. This forum is not hugely popular and our numbers are relatively small but that does not stop us from being a great community. Be safe and stay in touch with people around you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Post by loui-mh 30.01.21 9:45

@DM_globalveteran glad to see you are now finally here on our international platform! I'm happy that your account here is now activated. If you have any questions please let us know! Smile
    As you may already recognized the forum isn't used as much anymore, but some of us are still active here, so feel free to comment or start new conversations!

Loui
    DM_globalveteran
    DM_globalveteran
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by DM_globalveteran 31.01.21 10:21

loui-mh wrote:@DM_globalveteran glad to see you are now finally here on our international platform! I'm happy that your account here is now activated. If you have any questions please let us know! Smile
    As you may already recognized the forum isn't used as much anymore, but some of us are still active here, so feel free to comment or start new conversations!

Loui

Hi Loui, also das hier ist doch weitaus mehr, als ich gedacht hätte im Vgl. zur Abschaltung des damaligen forums Hannover based. Selbst wenn hier zahlenmäßig schwankt, ist es "international", das ist immer wichtiger als eine einzelne spieleranzahl je Land. haltet wenigstens solange durch, bis das 20 jährige DM jubiläum passiert^^ sunny
    Debujin
    Debujin
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty Greetings!

Post by Debujin 03.02.21 14:40

Hello, everyone!

My seven-day link lock has expired, so I thought I'd start posting and say hi. I'm Matt Harding (aka Debu), a professional illustrator living and working out of Comberton, England. I'm a huge fan of all things TCG (I have a card YouTube channel, Joker's Wild, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAI-SZuwTN6fVAPz1Za3vqg; it covers all games, both digital and paper).

My experience with Duel Masters goes back a long way. Way back when the game first came out in the English language, I remember seeing it and getting excited, because I had just gotten into Yu-Gi-Oh! - it was the artwork that really appealed to me. I didn't get into it then, which was a mistake, but DM did have an effect on me.

... Fast forward twenty years or so, and I'm finally getting into the game properly. I've gone into considerable debt buying the starter decks up until Shadowclash, and am intending to teach my dad how to duel so that I've got someone to play with. I'll be posting DM videos to my channel as they're finished, too. So yes, a fairly good start to the hobby.

Speaking of, I've already posted about this, but as an artist, I'm always on the look-out for people that need artwork; if you've got a project that you would like illustrated, please feel free to either DM me, or e-mail me at fatal_strike@hotmail.com - all the work would be totally free of charge (the reward is working with great people on great projects). If you'd like to see my portfolio, it's at http://debureturns.deviantart.com - no DM artwork on there as of yet, but maybe that's something the forum could help me with.

That's about it. It's great to be here; I hope I can help some of you out in my own way, so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you're interested!
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 06.02.21 13:34

Welcome! It's nice to have a fellow artist here. Very Happy

DM is filled with great artwork. Especially the expansive OCG that offers full arts and keeps on releasing new merch (be it tins, paper boxes or release posters) where you can view the creatures in all of their high quality beauty. Your reason is the same as mine, just that for me it happened back in 2002 and I have been captivated by the game ever since then.

I may have work for you, it's not DM related but it is fantasy related and something you may like to play around with. I'll mail you the details.
    DM_globalveteran
    DM_globalveteran
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by DM_globalveteran 08.02.21 11:36

Debujin wrote:Speaking of, I've already posted about this, but as an artist, I'm always on the look-out for people that need artwork; if you've got a project that you would like illustrated, please feel free to either DM me, or e-mail me at fatal_strike@hotmail.com - all the work would be totally free of charge (the reward is working with great people on great projects). If you'd like to see my portfolio, it's at http://debureturns.deviantart.com - no DM artwork on there as of yet, but maybe that's something the forum could help me with.

Hey, you have def your very own style, and if i may compare it, it looks like the more cartoon-ish DM jp sets from recent years. since you do free and hobby fanarts, i would suggest you try a Bolmeteus Steel Dragon, a logo type fanart for the forum (or as if for this forum), or little signatures/banners.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 08.02.21 18:34

DM_globalveteran wrote:Hey, you have def your very own style, and if i may compare it, it looks like the more cartoon-ish DM jp sets from recent years. since you do free and hobby fanarts, i would suggest you try a Bolmeteus Steel Dragon, a logo type fanart for the forum (or as if for this forum), or little signatures/banners.

Wouldn't be anything for this forum site in terms of logo/UI just to make that clear. Signatures only up to a certain size. We have a lot of users here now so I started taking a closer look that signatures do not go through the roof and become confusing while browsing the loads of text.
    There is a reason why we have the logo that we have. It is a phoenix version of the DM dragon that's about to take off. It stands for the rebirth and regrowth of the international DM forum community just like a phoenix is reborn from ash. It may be modernized in the future but the core of it will not change. It was also created in partial collaboration to the Finnish forum, which was closely connected to this at the very start and this features a similar style to provide some familiarity for the Fin users that came over. It definitely helped the forum establish itself properly.
    That stuff is my job if anything since I have all the files and programs to this day. ELT is admin and it was his idea, while I as the 'first moderator' who gave creative input and helped shape this stylistically and a few other small things. However I've been into Reborn since ELT came to me with this idea day 1. And nothing we added here wasn't given elaborate thought.

Stylistically the forum will keep a more serious tone. For clearance and so it won't feel too childish and cute for people who come here. Most people that have played this game aren't children any more. I love his style for fan art, but apart from fan art for said signature banners it won't fit here. I think he'll find enough work here as is for those who are interested and he is free to show it and advertise for it as long it remains topic relevant or perhaps also on facebook if he decides to join us there or one if the related communities.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 11.02.21 12:05

Hi there @Debujin and welcome! It is always nice to meet creative and cabable people. This forum and its community might be small but I am certain it will provide an audience to anything DM related. Maybe you could illustrate your current favorite DM card with your own style and share that with us?

I am personally happy with how the forum looks at the moment and @KazeBlack is responisble for the visual/graphical elements of the forum so anyhting on that goes through KazeBlack. Of course, we are happy to get any kind of help we can get.

Also on a side not here, the international DM Mega Meeting that was postponed to this year has now been cancelled due to the current global situation. We will let you know when we have more to share. Hopefully next year.

OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 19.02.21 11:22

Also a Welcome by me to @Debujin and @DM_globalveteran ! Enjoy your stay, we also communivcate with other programms aswell, feel free to ask us for an invite if you want to (loui-mh) mentioned that already cheers
    LuckyyF0x
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty Hello there o.o

Post by LuckyyF0x 05.05.21 21:34

Hello hello!

I hadnt thought there were still people like myself who loved Duel Masters even years after it fell off. Sadly I dont have any card myself but I have recently set out to correct that, as a congratulations to myself for finishing university finally. lol.

I was a heavy fire civilization player and I honestly miss playing this game so much. I wish that it was still active...

Anyway, I look forward to getting to meet all of you digitally while I re-familiarize myself with the cards and figure out the new japanese cards.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 06.05.21 15:46

LuckyyF0x wrote:Hello hello!

I hadnt thought there were still people like myself who loved Duel Masters even years after it fell off. Sadly I dont have any card myself but I have recently set out to correct that, as a congratulations to myself for finishing university finally. lol.

I was a heavy fire civilization player and I honestly miss playing this game so much. I wish that it was still active...

Anyway, I look forward to getting to meet all of you digitally while I re-familiarize myself with the cards and figure out the new japanese cards.

Welcome! We have an expansive TCG and smaller OCG community. Both are still very active, even organizing duels around the globe thanks to technology. If you are looking to obtain cards, make sure to check out our trading section as well as our DM Reborn facebook group, the Duel Masters Unplugged facebook group (which is a common marketplace for anything DM related) and if you want to jump into competitive right away, the Duel Masters University Discord server (requires approval and you should really only go there once you have cards).
    We also have people to assist on importing cards from Japan and overall global traders. However, DM is not a cheap game no matter if you play it English or Japanese. The OCG is a bit more forgiving as for many top cards it offers cheaper reprinted versions, but the average costs for cards is higher than the English if you include the transportation costs and taxes applying.
    If you have questions ask right away. We will help you with everything we can Smile
    Dmplayer123456789
    Dmplayer123456789
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 9 Empty French on the forum

Post by Dmplayer123456789 06.05.21 17:13

Hello I'm french. I just discovered this website. It was a German from whom I bought a card on eBay who advised me to come here for my duel masters research.
    In France we don't have a community or I don't know where to look ....
    I like duel masters for its simplicity and its beautiful cards.
    I play yu-gi-oh, final fantasy, dragon ball and pokemon too.
    I have French duel masters cards and you might not be interested in that so I would just buy I think.
    I finished the collection of set 1, 2, 4 and 6 in French and set 3 in English.
    I am looking for dm5 because I do not have any card.
    I am looking for a sealed dm5 box or two but I think I can dream!
    I will therefore limit myself to the brilliant.
    I don't know if there are French people on this forum.
    I have a school level English but I help myself translators.
    Thank you all in advance for your welcome.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 06.05.21 22:22

Dmplayer123456789 wrote:Hello I'm french. I just discovered this website. It was a German from whom I bought a card on eBay who advised me to come here for my duel masters research.
    In France we don't have a community or I don't know where to look ....
    I like duel masters for its simplicity and its beautiful cards.
    I play yu-gi-oh, final fantasy, dragon ball and pokemon too.
    I have French duel masters cards and you might not be interested in that so I would just buy I think.
    I finished the collection of set 1, 2, 4 and 6 in French and set 3 in English.
    I am looking for dm5 because I do not have any card.
    I am looking for a sealed dm5 box or two but I think I can dream!
    I will therefore limit myself to the brilliant.
    I don't know if there are French people on this forum.
    I have a school level English but I help myself translators.
    Thank you all in advance for your welcome.

Hello and welcome!

It is true that we don't have very many French players. However, French cards of the later TCG sets (especially 6 an 7) are quite hard to come by. We have collectors that seek foreign language cards, they are mostly present on facebook though (Duel Masters Unplugged group). Things like Daidalos and Bolmeteus go for very good prices in French as only a very limited quantity of them exists.

I am sure people here will be able to help you out with your DM-05 collection. If you make a search post in the trading section you should be able to find someone very quickly who can at least sell you a couple. DM-05, like DM.-03, was only released in English so do not expect to find it in French.
    I do not recommend to buy a DM-05 box for the sake of opening it. Those are currently very high in price and more used as share in order to sell them later for a higher price. Buying the whole set single is cheaper than acquiring a box.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 18:31