Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards

Snowmelody
    Snowmelody
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +1

Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards Empty Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards

Post by Snowmelody 23.07.19 10:30

A few days ago, I had a deal with a Singaporean seller who sold me his Chinese DM cards. So far, I've seen cards of various languages but not Chinese ones. The seller had apparently lived in Hong Kong for some years and used to play DM with his friends over there.

I'm quite certain that they're authentic after inspecting. Can't seem to find info online about those cards, so I've attached some images below for those who are curious Smile The cards are from DM sets 1, 2 and 6. Also, the texts are in Simplified Chinese, so they were probably released in mainland China as well.

I did a translation of the Chinese text for comparison (using Ultracide Worm as an example):

--Name--
    Eng: Ultracide Worm
    Chi: Extermination Worm
    --Race--
    Eng: Parasite Worm
    Chi: Parasite Worm
    --Effect--
    Eng:
    ■ Evolution—Put on one of your Parasite Worms.
    ■ Double breaker (This creature breaks 2 shields.)
    Chi:
    ■ Evolve on top of one of your Parasite Worms.
    ■ Double breaker (This creature breaks 2 shields.)
    --Flavour text--
    Eng: "Aww, my little worm is all grown up." - Ballom, Master of Death
    Chi: "How nice, my cute little things have all grown up." - Ruler of Death, Ballom

Foils:
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards LSKpJKW
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards RzZ2VSO
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards NNtPUCp

Non-foils:
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards ONUkAzb
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards JZvxDry
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards Nk8xXzY
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards TTgs3pi
    Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards PGVfjww
    DM_globalveteran
    DM_globalveteran
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : None

Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards Empty Re: Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards

Post by DM_globalveteran 01.02.21 11:42

fantastic, but was it continued or cancelled like engl dm was cancelled after dm-12? i buyed south-korean (i guess) print versions once, and i didn't really like the quality, maybe because the card frame was in white instead of black and the foiling was not on the level of quality of original jp/engl versions.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards Empty Re: Found something interesting: Authentic Chinese Duel Masters cards

Post by KazeBlack 07.02.21 16:11

We have little info about these so here are my observations and assumptions.

They share the set symbols and card numbers of the standard English, unlike the Korean ones. So I assume the sets are the same as in the other non-Japanese languages and I see cards up to DM-06 here. Japanese aside, the non-English foreign sets besides Korean (Spanish, French, German, etc.) were all discontinued after DM-07 with DM-07 being very rare to come across in those languages overall so my guess would be that this applies to Chinese as well.
    China is a big country and if we get so little info about the card game in that language the Chinese component must have run pretty poorly there. It may be because Japan is close by and the Japanese game being very far ahead that it possibly flooded over to China as it was more appealing due to its diversity but without any source it is hard to confirm that so that's just a theory. It may also have faced competition from the Korean component which was way cheaper to purchase.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 5:01