- Aqua Surfer is one of those cards that just makes any deck running Blue a better deck. It is arguably one of the best shield triggers in the game, and also functions very well outside of being a trigger. The card serves a dual purpose, providing you removal, as well as giving you a body. The card works in any type of deck, weather it is a control deck, aggro or defensive deck. The cards cost is high, but i feel like it is always worth it. Aqua Surfer is great, and as a shield trigger it is a true killer against Rush and Aggro, and even surpasses Terror Pit as a shield trigger in my opinion!
Tajimal Vizier of Aqua
- Easely the best blocker in the game, without any competition in my opinion. Tajimal is just one of those cards that just surpasses its counterparts and equivalents in every way. There are other 3 mana 4000 power blockers that can attack creatures, but Tajimal not only provides that, but also two (yes two, not one) amazing races. These races are both evo baits for two of the best evolutions in the game, being Craze Valkyrie the Drastic and Crystal Lancer. It doesn't stop there either, it also has an insanely good effect. Sure this effect only applies against decks running Fire, but it provides a safety that any deck would appreciate, which is the safety against Bombazar. Although Tajimal doesn't provide complete safety against a Bombazar assault, it is together with Cranium Clamp the best anti Bombazar cards in the game. In a game so highly influenced by the Bombazar threat, a card like this is just too useful. It is great without its effect, but amazing with the effect. The effect also lets it beat cards like Bolmeteus Steel Dragon, Twin Cannon Skyterror etc. It is so good, that i honestly wanted to put it higher on this list.
- Holy Awe is one of the best game enders in the game, and definitely the best game ending spellcard. Being able to completely nullify an entire field for one turn, is more useful than it sounds. Yes it a rather situational card, but the reward is so great when you get to use it, that it overshadows that completely. It can end a stall war, it can help you clean your opponents field, and last but not least it can save your life regardless of how many creatures your opponent has on the field. It is also the only card that can completely stop a Bombazar assault, and makes Bombazar decks have to think twice before going for the kill against decks running light.
- Energy Stream is one of those cards that seems good, but just good. The reason Energy Stream is on this list, is because it is the most stable and consistent draw power in the game. It has a low cost, has no requirements, and simply provides you with a +1. Running 3-4 of this card in any deck, will simply make the deck better and more consistent. Draw power is very efficient in any card game, and duel masters is no exception. Great card to run in any deck that runs blue.
- Hulcus is here for the same reason as Energy Stream. It is a +1 card, that simply makes any deck better, and makes it more consistent. The reason i put it over Energy Stream, is because it provides a body, as well as letting you draw a card. Bodies are very important, as bodies is essentially what wins you games. I just think a body + a free random card, is better and more consistent than just 2 random cards, since you never know how useful those random cards you draw will be in the situation you are in at that time. Great card!
Wise Starnoid Avatar of Hope
- The next entry on the list, is a card many people probably didn't expect to see on this list. Wise Starnoid is one of 5 Vortex Evolutions in TCG, and by far the best of them. The card has rather hard summoning conditions, but holy crap are they worth it. The summoning conditions really aren't that bad, as all of its bait are good cards. The Cyber Lord baits are very very good cards like Corile and Emeral, which are both cards that you would use regardless of Starnoid. The most common Light Bringer baits are not nearly as good as the Cyber Lords, but still offer some usable cards like Kolon the Oracle, Pharzi the Oracle and Vess the Oracle. All vortex evolutions are essentially -2 in card advantage (as 3 creatures become 1), and they require so much bait, that they need to be very very good to not be a waste. Starnoid is by all means worth it, and is extremely good in a deck dedicated to it. It is not one of those cards that you can just tech into some random deck, and make it work. But Starnoid gets to be on this list, as it is extremely OP when entering the battle zone. The fact that you get a free shield EVERY time it attacks, is just bananas. And getting another free shield whenever it leaves the field is also bananas. This means you are pretty much guaranteed 2 free shields, as well as getting a 5 mana 9000 power double breaker (which is even good by itself). This means that you can easely come back and win a duel, even if you were behind. All this stuff is what you get from 1 Starnoid, and you can often summon 2-3 or even 4 Starnoids in a duel. Once they start swinging, if they get to stay on the field, the game is quickly rendered unwinnable for your opponent. A card this good, that has bait like Corile, Emeral and Kolon, was just too good to not put on this list. I honestly wanted this card to be number 2 or 3 on the list, but i ended as number 5, as there exists other very OP cards, that are more generic, more easely played and can fit in any decks.
- This card got banned from the japanese game, and for good reason. It is often forgotten, that Soulswap is a card that can actually summon a creature to the field, even if you dont have enough mana to summon that creature normally. If you sit on 6 mana, and you have a Bombazar in your mana zone (that costs 7 mana), you can Soulswap out a creature from your field, put it into your mana zone, and THEN Soulswaps secondary effect activates. This lets you summon Bombazar from your mana zone, as long as you have at least 7 mana, AFTER the creature from your field enters the mana zone. You can then summon Bombazar, and go back down to 6 mana. In combination with Bombazar, this card is extremely good, and a true gamewinner. It is also very good in combination with other creature with good summon-effects, like Corile, Wind Axe, Rumbling Terahorn etc. And also the fact that you can summon something from your mana zone, gives you access to major parts of your deck, that you otherwise wouldn't have access to. Soulswap is also a shield trigger, and can be used both offensively and defensively. It is also worth mentioning that you can switch out a creature from your opponents side of the field, with a creature in their mana zone, which is very useful either to get rid of a threat, or just to give summoning sickness to a creature. Soulswap is a very flexible and good card, that can be devastating for your opponent when used correctly.
- Corile is a very simple card, that is extremely effective in almost any situation. It is the only card in tcg that lets you bounce a creature from the field back to the top of your opponents deck. This sounds great and all, but it is extremely good actually. It not only provides you with a body, but also completely nullifies 1 turn of draw for your opponent. If they are in a top decking situation, it basicly cancels your opponents turn, while giving you a free body. It also works as a removal, and can remove any card. Since it bounces the card(s) to the top of the deck rather than the hand, it es extra good against evolution creatures. Corile is essentially a +2 card (kind of), as it provides a body, removes a creature from the field, and also stops you opponent from drawing a new card the next turn (since they have to draw the card that was bounced). Corile is amazing, requires no support, and can be used in any deck that runs blue and be great.
- Clamp is one of those cards that you just wish didn't exist. This card was a pretty clear number 2 to me. Very simple, a +1 card that discards 2 cards from your opponents hand. Discard is already too prominent in duel masters, and this is the true king of the discard cards. it doesnt help you on the field, but it completely cancels your opponents gameplans if used early on, and just provides such a huuuuge instant advantage for you. It destroys the gameplan of decks that rely on support, finishers, build-up etc. You always have to expect your opponent to have Clamp at all times when playing against black, so that you are prepared for the worst when choosing your plays. Cranium Clamp is just immensly broken, and kind of has a negative influence on the game. Very unbalanced and OP card.
Bombazar Dragon of Destiny
- Yep..... just stating the obvious here. Never have i ever seen one card that has such an astronomical influence and grip on a card game. The card banned in OCG, and would have been banned in TCG as well if the game kept going. The card explains itself really. Very easy to use, very strong and provides the most unfair advantage of all duel masters cards. Soooo much can be done in two turns, and in the right deck you will pull the win most of the time when you play this guy. And the best thing is, there is nothing your opponent can do about it other than hoping to get lucky with shield triggers. Not gonna spend more time on this card now. Bombazar is extremely overpowered, has an enormous influence on the game, and makes every other deck that doesnt run it just simply fall short. Every deck you build, needs to have some sort of plan against a potential Bombazar Nuke, if you want the deck to be any sort of decent. The game would be way more balanced without this cards existence, but it exists and it will always be the by far best card in Duel Masters.
So that was the list! Remember the list is entirely my opinion, but i would really like to hear what you people think about it. Feel free to discuss, ask questions, or even post your own lists! If you disagree with something, let me know