Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types!

Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Empty [Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types!

Post by Yami_Michael 10.02.17 15:41

Much spoiled in the CoroCoro issue today, hard to organise it all even. Lets see...

http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Yami_Michael/DMRP_Jokers_Block covers all of the new cards.

There is a new civilization and race (Both called Jokers).

I cant confirm it yet as we dont have full information/rules given, but Jokers looks to be a new colorless civilization. (Which should mean it gets the same support Zero cards did for being colorless. Maybe. It makes prelude very good....).

There appears to be a new "Neo Creature" that has a "Neo Evolution" ability. Its an optional evolution ability. We've only seen it on Spike 7, so don't know much about this.

In terms of other abilities, we have 2 new Breaker abilities.

Master Breaker and Master Double Breaker. Master Breaker doesn't actually increase the amount of shields you break. Its worded as

During the turn this creature is put into the battle zone, before each break, destroy one of your opponent's creatures.
    (A single breaker would kill a creature when it attacks, a double = 2, and so on.)

Master Double Breaker works the same way. Its worded similarly as

This creature breaks 2 shields. During the turn this creature is put into the battle zone, before each break, destroy one of your opponent's creatures.

Lets see, theres also Labyrinth found on that Metallica card.

Labyrinth: When you put this creature into the battle zone, if you have more shields than your opponent until the start of your next turn, EFFECT

And lastly, we have the new Super Shield Trigger.

(When this spell is put into your hand from your shield zone, you may cast it immediately for no cost. Then if you have no shields, you may use this spell's [SST] ability.)

It casts the spell for free the same way, but if it was your final shield, you get another ability.

There's also some edits that have been made to the card frame.

The Wotc copyright has been moved to the right side inside the frame itself, away from the set name and rarity.

Power on a card has a new line separating it from the effect box that would need to be seen to be explained (For now, you can look at Jolly the Beginning on the wiki).

The only thing I dont like about the new frame is the new Rarity symbols. Which are just white boxes with Black text and black outline. We've seen SR (Super Rare) and MSR (Master Rare, I guess?) so far. I wouldn't mind it as much, but it means I need to change it wikiwide for all cards to use it now. Also have to make the different new icons, I guess, if takaratomy doesn't put them on the site at set release.

Last edited by Yami_Michael on 13.02.17 10:11; edited 2 times in total

Yami_Michael

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Empty Re: [Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types!

Post by Yami_Michael 10.02.17 15:48

Forgot a few small other things of note.

Some of the Jokers have a "Jo" icon on the top right of their card. I made a crappy rush job crop of it. [Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! J10

Also, we don't actually know the name of both this Block, or the next anime series that features Joe Kirifuda and these jokers in it. We really only know about him and his deckbox "Decky", and his rival, "Kira".

The block just has a circle logo and the "DM" letters on it. Could the block (and maybe also the anime series) just be called Duel Masters somehow?

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! G10

Here is a picture of the 2 upcoming decks in March that will start this all off, DMSD-01 and DMSD-02. Joe's Jokers and Kira's Labyrinth.

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! S10

Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Empty Re: [Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types!

Post by Mr-ex777 10.02.17 15:54

Also as expected the master card Jolly the Johnny has a extra win effect. It basically sums as if you have 5 or more jokers cards in your mana zone or battle zone, after this creatures attack if your opponent has no shields or creatures, you win the game.

Stefan's fear is real but i believe that only johnny has those exwin effects; Rest don't.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 10.02.17 16:01

Yeah. And if it wasnt for its Master Breaker effect, that extra win wouldn't even make any sense.

All it really does is remove the "todomeda" part of winning a game, and only if you have 5 Joker creatures out (Which currently are cost 6+,

edit: Nvm. The mana zone things helps it. Point still stands though, it feels very overkill in a situation where you usually have already won (opponent has no shields).

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 11.02.17 22:12

Nice, so much juicy new information! So Joker civilization could be compatible with already existing Zero civilization support... or not. I'm afraid the latter might be case since it's called Joker civilization. Weird that they start releasing theme decks now as DMSD now and having simply letters DM as the logo for the upcoming block. Seems like this set is going to be a new beginning of sorts.

Mr-ex777 wrote:It basically sums as if you have 5 or more jokers cards in your mana zone or battle zone, after this creatures attack if your opponent has no shields or creatures, you win the game.
    That definitely sounds a bit unnecessary. It would basically only prevent your opponent from using Ninja Strikes to save himself. Maybe this set will bring them or something similar on the table then.

Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 12.02.17 6:07

Its definitely a new beginning. Which is funny considering the arrival of this forum. New product lines, new anime series.

Its mainly just to show off that "Master Double Breaker" ability, and how it can remove creatures. But like I said, fairly overkill, but not exactly the hardest alternate win to trigger either.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 12.02.17 13:00

Yami_Michael wrote:Its definitely a new beginning. Which is funny considering the arrival of this forum.
    Our timing with this forum is very fitting considering everything that's currently happening. Very nice!
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 13.02.17 4:04

Forgot to add the 3 card updates that came later that day with the rest of them.

http://supersolenoid.blog63.fc2.com/blog-entry-10192.html

The first card is actually just Jolly the Beginning.

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Dm-sen10

【超特Q ダンガンオー】
    ジョーカーズ
    ?文明・コスト6
    パワー7000
    ■W・ブレイカー
    ■このクリーチャーがバトルゾーンに出た時、そのターン、このクリーチャーは相手プレイヤーを攻撃でき、バトルゾーンにある自分の他のジョーカーズ1枚につきシールドをさらに1枚ブレイクする(?)

Dangaioh, Super Special Q
    Jokers/Creature/6/7000
    - Double breaker
    0 When you put this creature into the battle zone, it can attack your opponent this turn, and breaks a shield for each of your other jokers in the battle zone.

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Dm-sen13

【ジョルジュ・バタイユ】
    マフィ・ギャング
    闇文明・コスト8
    パワー12000
    ■コストを支払うかわりに自分のクリーチャーを4体破壊して、このクリーチャーを召喚してもよい。
    ■T・ブレイカー
    ■このクリーチャーがバトルゾーンに出た時、自分の墓地にあるカードを数える。それと同じ枚数のカードを、自分の山札の上から墓地に置いてもよい。
    ■このクリーチャーがバトルゾーンを離れる時、かわりにカードを6枚、自分の墓地から好きな順序で山札の一番下に置いてもよい。

Joruju Bataiyu
    Master Gang/8/12000
    - You may destroy 4 of your creatures instead of paying this creature's cost.
    - Triple Breaker
    - When you put this creature into the battle zone, count the number of cards in your graveyard. You may put the same number of cards from the top of your deck into your graveyard.
    - When this creature would leave the battle zone you may put 6 cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your deck instead.

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Dm-sen12

【チョートッQ】
    ジョーカーズ
    ?文明・コスト5
    パワー5000
    ■このクリーチャーは、バトルゾーンに出たターン、相手プレイヤーを攻撃できる。
    ■このクリーチャーは、可能なら毎ターン、相手プレイヤーを攻撃する。
    ■バトルゾーンまたはマナゾーンにジョーカーズが合計2枚以上あれば、このクリーチャーのパワーを+3000し、「W・ブレイカー」を与える。

ChottoQ
    Jokers/5/5000+
    - This creature can attack your opponent on the turn you put it into the battle zone.
    - This creature attacks your opponent if able.
    - While you have 2 or more jokers in your mana zone and/or battle zone, this creature gets +3000 power and has "double breaker"

And then there's a Faerie Life reprint. Its a bumblebee.

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Dm-sen11

Last edited by Yami_Michael on 13.02.17 14:44; edited 1 time in total

Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 13.02.17 14:10

WB? Is it World Breaker?

[Jokers Block] Info on the newest Civilization, Race(s), as well as card types! Promo114
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 13.02.17 14:38

Sorry, that translation was a copy paste from another person. I was putting together the set pages/templates first.

W・ブレイカー (WB) is Double Breaker, W is pronounced 'Daburu' in japanese.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 13.02.17 14:55

A few other cards from http://johnlenoso.blog115.fc2.com/blog-entry-1765.html and http://johnlenoso.blog115.fc2.com/blog-entry-1766.html were added into the blog post in the first post.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 13.02.17 15:03

Basically every Joker seem to be a speed attacker then but without naming the ability. The cards seem to be very nice but the design doesn't really speak to me. I wish that they had reverted back to the original design instead of this.
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Post by Mr-ex777 13.02.17 15:25

ELTP wrote:Basically every Joker seem to be a speed attacker then but without naming the ability. The cards seem to be very nice but the design doesn't really speak to me. I wish that they had reverted back to the original design instead of this.

If you were saying creature designs, it's literally going into Au***sm since episode 1. And the layout looks like Kaijudo too.

Wow we got nice filters here.

Last edited by Mr-ex777 on 13.02.17 15:49; edited 1 time in total
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 13.02.17 15:38

ELTP wrote:Basically every Joker seem to be a speed attacker then but without naming the ability. The cards seem to be very nice but the design doesn't really speak to me. I wish that they had reverted back to the original design instead of this.

Its essentially half-speed attacker, the other half of what tatsurion had. I'm referring to it as "shield attacker" or opponent/player attacker...

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 13.02.17 16:05

I don't really like how that new template looks but I'll probably get used to it over time.

You are right Yami, it's different, I didn't even realise. "Player attacker", not a bad nickname for it.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 13.02.17 16:42

ELTP wrote:I don't really like how that new template looks but I'll probably get used to it over time.

As I said previously, I like most of it (except the new rarity symbol thing. But my opinion on that might change).

Really just waiting to see the frame and cards in a higher quality, rather than the bad camera rips we have currently.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 26.02.17 4:42

Two more cards from the DMRP-01 booster pack.

http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Octoba,_Sublime_Knowledge

http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Stepple,_Cherry_Blossom_Wind_Faerie

Might help you like the frame to see it in a nicer quality.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 26.02.17 12:24

Stepple kinda self-balances itself with its drawback....but it can be negated with evolving or Rev Change. Nothing in this block seems too crazy yet (with the exception of Jolly the Johnny)

edit: Weird, did it delete a post?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 26.02.17 12:26

At first Stepple seemed like a major step-up from Jasmine but luckily the 2nd ability should even out a bit. But Neo Evos might make cards like Stepple too strong. This is ominous. Soon we will find if this is a beginning of new faster-than-ever era. It's very likely considering what we have seen so far.

Yami_Michael wrote:Stepple kinda self-balances itself with its drawback....but it can be negated with evolving or Rev Change. Nothing in this block seems too crazy yet (with the exception of Jolly the Johnny)

edit: Weird, did it delete a post?
    I deleted it, it wasn't as bad it originally seemed. Yup, you are correct. It is still ominous.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 26.02.17 12:52

Ah, ok. It said that a "post was made since your last edit' but then I thought I had broken it, when I always make sure now that I'm not just editing someone elses post, lol.

I'm really anxious to see what the nature race will be. The safe bet would be that there is 5 Neo Creatures as a cycle, so hoping to see the Nature one soon and whether it would be low cost or not as a 4 cost one would fit Stepple perfectly.

There was also talk about how Stepple looks exactly like http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Popple,_Flowerpetal_Dancer (and by extension, http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Lifeplan_Charger)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 26.02.17 14:09

If the nature Neo evo is a 4 cost then it would be criminally good with Stepple, which totally looks like Popple, now that you mention it.

As mentioned in Reborn's Discord chat, Jolly the Johnny would be great with Prelude of Horror, if Jokers will be considered as colorless creatures, as they most likely will be.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 26.02.17 16:16

They are. Jokers is colorless, just like Zero. Its why I made http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Colorless as a page, and moved over the support/rulings.

edit: http://johnlenoso.blog115.fc2.com/blog-entry-1767.html gave us small bits.

A 4/3000 Joker creature that can tap itself to stop an attack against you.

A 4/13000 darkness/mafi gang with triple breaker, and a currently unknown drawback.

As well as another darkness mafi gang 5/5000 creature...

...only that it also has ドラゴンギルド (Dragongirudo) Dragongild or Dragonguild as a race.

So yeah. Called that there would be at least minor presence. (Unlike Dragonoid, it does use the ドラゴン for all other dragons).

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 26.02.17 22:19

Okay, so the colorless thing was already confirmed. I'm actually more excited now because of this. Maybe colorless cards, even the old Zero ones, will be useful again.

Yami:Michael wrote:A 4/3000 Joker creature that can tap itself to stop an attack against you.
    So it's like a blocker but without battling and simply stopping the attack. It probably would even cancel out some effects during the attack. Probably not when attacking -abilities since those should activate before you could activate this Joker's ability.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 27.02.17 4:24

ELTP wrote:Okay, so the colorless thing was already confirmed. I'm actually more excited now because of this. Maybe colorless cards, even the old Zero ones, will be useful again.

Acid probably would be.

ELTP wrote:So it's like a blocker but without battling and simply stopping the attack. It probably would even cancel out some effects during the attack. Probably not when attacking -abilities since those should activate before you could activate this Joker's ability.

Yeah, it doesn't have an "instead" to be a substitution effect, so the Attack Trigger part of the attack might happen still, with this creature having a chance to use the ability right after.

------

バッテン親父 (Batten Oyaji)
    4/3000/Jokers/Creature
    - Whenever a creature attacks you, you may stop the attack by tapping this creature.
    - クリーチャーが自分を攻撃する時、このクリーチャーをタップしてその攻撃を中止してもよい。

(Or possibly, "you may tap this creature to stop the attack".)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 27.02.17 17:27

Yami_Michael wrote:
    Yeah, it doesn't have an "instead" to be a substitution effect, so the Attack Trigger part of the attack might happen still, with this creature having a chance to use the ability right after.
    Seems very likely, the ability triggers at the same time (actually a right after them) as your opponents attacking abilities. If it would be: "Whenever a creature would attack you, you may tap this creature instead.", the situation would be different and the card a bit more powerful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 9:05