Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play

DK-Gigargon
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play Empty Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play

Post by DK-Gigargon 09.07.21 18:49

Hi.
    So since I last played DM as a kid, it seems like a million things have happened and I'm having a hard time figuring out what actually applies to the TCG and what is exclusive to the OCG, I'm currently browsing the wiki, but all these concepts of Castle, Fortress, Gacharange, Aura, Hyperspatial zone, ect... I'm getting dizzy just trying to make heads and tails of it, it's nothing like the game I remember all of a sudden.
    so, how much of this stuff is actually used when playing the TCG? I just downloaded OCTGN and is setting it up and I'm kinda worried I might be getting in way over my head on this without some guidance to what I need to focus on. What specific rule set do this community consider to be the frame of the TCG game that I can rely on? without getting too caught up in OCG specific stuff.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play Empty Re: Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play

Post by OcaVan 14.07.21 21:14

Heyja DK-Gigargon! So i am not sure if completly understand your question, but you can generally focus on all sets up to DM-12 when refering to the tcg, basically every card that can be read in english is tcg. Since that set, the tcg was discontinued
    OCG is very large and complex in offering a lot of different ways to play it and build decks. Altho i am an OCG enthusiast i always recommend starting of with TCG, when you come back to the game.
    At least for the german and DMR-Comunity here i can say, most people focus on TCG when it comes to OTCGN Duels.

Do you have any questions in specific regarding the DM Rules?
    DK-Gigargon
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play Empty Re: Distinguishing between OCG and TCG in play

Post by DK-Gigargon 17.07.21 19:43

Hi OcaVan Smile
    Thank you, well the main confusion for me was weather or not you guys here in the comunity tend to mix the TCG and OCG when you play the game with each other. As far as i can see most of the late TCG are still very much within the same frame as the early TCG so I don't think I'm gonna have too much trouble catching up. Now I just gotta build some decks and get started~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 8:35