Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc. Empty Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

Post by äksä 12.11.17 10:47

Hello!
    I'm looking for the following TCG cards from the following starter/premade decks. These cards MUST be from these decks. One of each. NM or better only. 'All or nothing' per deck. You can offer sealed decks too.

Duel Masters Starter Deck 3 (DM10)
    Stonesaur
    Super Explosive Volcanodon

Forest Hornet
    Fear Fang
    Bronze-Arm Tribe
    Tri-horn Shepherd

Aqua Soldier
    Aqua Vehicle
    Marine Flower

Hard Silence Deck (DM10)
    Cosmic Wing
    Ruby Grass

Kelp Candle
    Submarine Project

Dark Reversal
    Venom Worm

Twin Swarm Deck (DM10)
    Brawler Zyler
    Tornado Flame

Barkwhip, the Smasher
    Bronze-Arm Tribe
    Burning Mane
    Cavern Raider
    Silvermoon Trailblazer
    Storm Wrangler, the Furious
    Vreemah, Freaky Mojo Totem

Last edited by äksä on 18.11.17 14:41; edited 1 time in total
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc. Empty Re: Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 12.11.17 11:47

Didn’t the booster versions and deck versions have the same numbers?
    Would be easier if you put them into your post, so we can have an easier match in our collections
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc. Empty Re: Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc.

Post by Admin 12.11.17 12:43

If I recall correctly, only re-released cards in the collector tin (included Lethal Luminosity Deck and Deadly Decay Deck) that contained Mist Rias, Mongrel Man, Vashuna and Syforce had different collector numbers to the regular set prints.

Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 12.11.17 13:58

ELTP wrote:If I recall correctly, only re-released cards in the collector tin (included Lethal Luminosity Deck and Deadly Decay Deck) that contained Mist Rias, Mongrel Man, Vashuna and Syforce had different collector numbers to the regular set prints.

That’s what i had in my head as well
    äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by äksä 12.11.17 15:51

Yes, cards in the DM10 decks have the original set numbers. However, you may have noticed that cards from sets 10-12 have different texture/surface than the first 9 sets. Every card, even the ones from the older sets, in these DM10 decks have the new texture. It's a minor difference but since it's consistent I consider them as a different release. This may not apply to Vreemah since it's holo. I haven't checked it.
    I may already have them all but since I don't have access to my collection atm I'd like to buy them just in case.
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 12.11.17 18:32

Could you give us the set numbers of the cards? Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 12.11.17 18:56

You certainly have been very thorough to notice something like that. I only noticed that the first theme decks released had sometimes stronger coloring than their regular set counterparts.

I doubt anyone here has those cards separately but quite recently I saw these decks sold on eBay for a rather cheap price.
    äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by äksä 18.11.17 14:51

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about but are interested, I made this quick video comparing old and new versions.
    It's how the cards' surface reflect light. Old ones have more texture. They are grainy while new ones are more smooth and matt.
    If you have difficulties detecting fake cards - well this may be even harder. Difference between DM09 and DM10 is slightly harder to spot than difference between DM01-DM02 and DM10.
    Also, there are both version of Vreemah. Holo side is the same but background has the different textures.

Protip: look at the black edges
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 19.11.17 13:15

äksä wrote:For those who have no idea what I'm talking about but are interested, I made this quick video comparing old and new versions.
    It's how the cards' surface reflect light. Old ones have more texture. They are grainy while new ones are more smooth and matt.
    If you have difficulties detecting fake cards - well this may be even harder. Difference between DM09 and DM10 is slightly harder to spot than difference between DM01-DM02 and DM10.
    Also, there are both version of Vreemah. Holo side is the same but background has the different textures.

Protip: look at the black edges

I'm just wondering a bit why your interested in those very slightly differences. There seems to be a fascination for you i don't quite catch. Is it only about noticing the small details? Or the higher quality?
    äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by äksä 19.11.17 19:20

OcaVan wrote:I'm just wondering a bit why your interested in those very slightly differences. There seems to be a fascination for you i don't quite catch. Is it only about noticing the small details? Or the higher quality?

I've had the 'collect one of each card' (TCG) objective for something like a decade now. For the past couple years, only missing cards are the few super rare promo cards. If there is something new to add to my collection, I'll take it.
    I don't really care about small random error type of fluctuation in cards. But this is something I consider as a different release / variation for these few cards. It's consistent, origin of these cards is clear and the difference can be seen.
    I understand that many doesn't care about this type of variation. Some people even find collecting the 46 cards from the tin too hardcore. But I have background from philately, numismatics and other collectibles. Within these other collecting hobbies, this kind of variation is normal thing to collect. They even get listed to catalogues etc.
    My point is that material matters - not only what is printed on it.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 21.11.17 10:09

I see. Most cards are useful for me when they're exciting or effectiv. Maybe both. I never really catched the true passion behind TCG promos since they are super expensive.
    Your reason are good, quality can make a fifference, but it is a really small difference.
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : +2

Post by Coriler 21.11.17 10:46

@OcaVan

as long as something is "slightly" better even, some humans will want it.
    the more humans want it the valuable it is seen and it creates "status"
    human psychology.

for promos its: fully "promoing" out something is like perfecting the deck.
    the more people want something the mroe "valuable" it gets. the recent price rises for promos
    is ridiculous/scary

i understand äksa tough,i am slightly like that as well. if one has the choice to use
    the slightly better card one does it mostly. and some people create that choice by aquiring it...
    luckily i dont need any cards posted above. rather use alternate bronzes/foil ones for example.

german/european(not sure) foils dont bend btw. they are flat.
    the metalic foil effect is different though.

also i had a  craze valkyrie once in english and it was different from my other english ones. the foil effect was diffferent. my guess is that it was american? and the other ones from england? or vice versa maybe?

in yugioh for example there are american foils and english/european foils which are different.

does anyone know if this is the case in dm as well?

Last edited by nitrox on 23.11.17 9:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Morderated and combined posts.)
    äksä
    äksä
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by äksä 23.11.17 1:44

Coriler wrote:the foil effect was diffferent
    Do you have more specific information? In which way it was different?
    Did the foil have some sort of pattern? As far as I know, there is no any real TCG foil with pattern. They all should have the flat type of foil.
    Or was the difference in texture? hue? other?

Anyway, that's an interesting thing if there actually is a detectable difference between US and EU english cards.
    That's something I haven't notice. I may check my foils next time I have access to my collection.

Does anyone have an example (photo) of the possible difference?

And just to clarify relating to the dm10 versions: I'm not looking for better quality or version to replace something. I just want to have one of both, original and dm10, versions of the cards in my collection. I went through my cards and seems like the only missing one is the Storm Wrangler. Though, I'd still like to buy whole sets since most of the dm10 versions I have are in played condition.
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Coriler 23.11.17 11:30

well, german/european foils are different like i said. they dont bend and that different material which is used shines differently. its not as metallic.

same with my craze, no foil pattern or anyting. just the metalic foil effect was brighter/darker.

it was like in this example ( i only have a yugioh example)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF1KsBwhvOY

skip to 9:30 at look at the "macrocosmos" cards

i could make a video of german foils vs english foils to prove it but @ELTP can agree to this as well.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 23.11.17 18:27

äksä wrote:It's how the cards' surface reflect light. Old ones have more texture. They are grainy while new ones are more smooth and matt.
    It really show that you are numismatist. Nothing wrong with that, it's just, I wouldn't bother to search that kind of detail but still understand totally why someone would feel otherwise.

Coriler wrote:as long as something is "slightly" better even, some humans will want it.
    the more humans want it the valuable it is seen and it creates "status"
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that promos are status symbol even among other duelists. Surely they are valued, but usually they are wanted because they are harder to deck and promoing up a deck is a way of commiting to that beloved deck of yours. It's nice to have something that not everyone have and you usually have to put effort in getting them, not just or even necessarily money.

Coriler wrote:i could make a video of german foils vs english foils to prove it but @ELTP can agree to this as well.
    German/French/Italian/Spanish foils are definitely different to English foils. They are usually less shiny and darker and also they wear off differently than English foils.

I also have noticed differences between two English versions of the same card. Below you can see two slightly different Kachuas.
    Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc. Ldwq6jG

The difference is best visible when the surface reflects light.
    Buying Fear Fang and other commons etc. E578ixx
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Coriler 23.11.17 20:48

the word status symbols is a bit too much maybe, dont know what to call it. i am certain a lot of people know what i mean.

there are many reasons why youd want promos. alt art,foil effect etc. completionist reasons.
    im not saying this is wrong at all why would i?,

i meant that some people have to shove it into your face out of nowhere.
    in our private messages you agreed why hard to get cards can be somewhat seen as status symbols or abused in that manner.
    or lets say "something special" you can show off with.

you have something others dont = you are "good" thats my reasoning what i mean with show off behaviour.
    its like when people get the newest phones for example.

someone bought a new phone for 900 euro and he couldnt really tell me why its worth it lol.
    and people always get the newest phones...

didnt really want to go too much in depth about this actually but wanted to explain my reasoning.

to @äksa: all of this is not meant to adress you at all, i understand you completely.

@ELTP
    what do you mean with wear off differently?

sturdier edges or not so sturdy ink on the cards?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 23.11.17 20:59

I understood what you mean and it's not a bad viewpoint at all.

It's not uncommon to come across with a worn-out (meant originally wear out, not wear off, my apologizes) foreigner foil that has silver dots with no ink on its face side. That doesn't happen often with English or Japanese foils. My guess is that it's a quality different that has been caused by a slightly different manufacturing methods.
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Coriler 23.11.17 22:33

ELTP wrote:
    My guess is that it's a quality different that has been caused by a slightly different manufacturing methods.

ah i thought so as well. must be it. the different foil-paper, that is being used alone would change how sturdy the colour(different types as well) stays on the card. scratch

hmm lets send cards to a laborotary and find out for sure.
    you might have some connections right? rabbit tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 15:27