Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander"

Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" Empty "Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander"

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 5:41

It was talked about briefly in the Discord, and is a Japanese formats thats existed for a while. Its named after the Commander format in MtG (which was named Elder Dragon Highlander) originally.

I haven't written the rules for God/Hyperspatial commanders yet, or the banlist (its kinda long), but the rest of the rules were done.

The rules can be found here. (Translated)

The dm-alrecord site also has decklists and some videos of games being played.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Format
    *Ideally, 4 players in a multiplayer game, but can be played with any amount.

Deck Construction Rules
    *Choose a non-psychic/dragheart creature as a "Commander". (Recommended)
    *60 card deck, including the commander. Hyperspatial zone is still 8 cards.
    *Deck and hyperspatial zone cant have more than 1 card with the same name.
    **This is ignored by creatures with an effect like "Guerrilla Division".
    *Must only contain cards with the same civilizations as as the Commander. Hyperspatial zone and Colorless cards ignores this rule.
    *Only one Zenith can be put into the deck.
    *Regular Hall of Fame doesnt apply, but there are DMEDH specific recommendations.

Game Rules
    *For games with more than 2 players, Multiplayer rules are followed.
    *Start with 7 shields, 5 cards in hand, and the first player draws on their first turn.
    *Each player other than yourself is an opponent.
    *You may attack any player as long as the creature is unrestricted from attacking.
    *You can't get Extra Turns from cards, or win the game from Alternate Win.
    *You can only untap cards in our mana zone at the start of your turn.
    *A card in your mana zone cant have civilizations added to it.

Commander Rules

Before a duel starts, the commander is put into a separate "Command Zone" next to the hyperspatial zone.
       You can summon a Commander in the command zone by paying its cost, once per turn. Each time you summon the commander in this way, its cost will increase by 2. If you summon it by a Gravity Zero (etc.) effect, you may summon it as many times as you want for no cost.
       Normal summoning timing applies for summoning Commanders. However, if there is an ability such as Ninja Strike or Zenith Symphony, Secret Zenith, you may summon them at the timing of the effect.
       If a Commander goes from the battle zone to a zone other than the battle zone, you may return it to the Commander Zone.
       When a commander attacks your opponent and isn't blocked, you may draw a card.

God-Commander Rules

リンクしているゴッドを「ゴッド統率者」として統率者に指定することが出来ます。
    ゴッド統率者は「ゴッドの完成形」のみ使用可能とします。
    「ゴッドの完成形」とは、トライ・G・リンクを除き、含まれているゴッド全てがそれ以上リンクすることのできない状態のことを指します。
    《天神シャイン・バルキリー》《海神ブルー・ポセイドン》《黒神ダーク・インドラ》《炎神フレイム・アゴン》《地神エメラルド・ファラオ》に限り、適正なゴッドリンクであれば任意のリンク状態で「ゴッドの完成形」と見なすことが出来ます。
    「ゴッドの完成形」に中央Gリンク360を持つカードが含まれている時、適正なゴッドリンクを行えないカード名を中央Gリンク360で得ることはできません。

ゴッド統率者は構築ルール、デュエル中ともに「ゴッドの完成形」を1枚のカードとして扱います。
    そのため、ゴッド統率者のリンクはいかなる場合も外すことはできず、トライ・G・リンクすることはできません。
    文明、コスト、パワー、能力などの特性はゴッドリンク通り各ゴッドの合計となり、リンクしている時の能力はそのゴッドの能力として扱います。
    ゴッド統率者は0枚とリンクしているものとし、1体神です。また、ゴッド統率者の「ゴッドの完成形」に含まれるカードは1枚です。
    ゴッドとリンクした時の能力は、バトルゾーンに出た時の能力として扱います。そのため、ゴッド統率者は召喚酔いしません。
    ただし3体以上のゴッドからなる「ゴッドの完成形」でも、そのリンクした時の能力につき誘発するのは1回です。
    ゴッド統率者が他のゴッドとリンクした場合、リンクしている枚数やそのカードに含まれる枚数、リンクした時の能力、リンクしている時の能力、「N枚でリンクした時」の能力、「N体神となった時」の能力、「N枚とリンクしている時」の能力は通常ルール通りの処理を行い、リンクを外すこともできます。

統率領域からゴッド統率者を召喚する時は、「ゴッドの完成形」で統率領域にいないと召喚できません。
    バトルゾーンに出す時は、「ゴッドの完成形」でのみ出すことができ、個別に出すことはできません。
    進化クリーチャーのゴッド統率者は、「ゴッドの完成形」に含まれる進化条件から一つ選んで進化させます。
    ゴッド統率者がバトルゾーンからバトルゾーン以外のゾーンに行き、統率領域に戻す場合は「ゴッドの完成形」で戻します。
    統率領域に戻さなかった場合は、そのゴッド統率者に含まれるカードを1枚選び移動した場所に置き、それ以外を統率領域に置きます。この際、離れた方のカードを「ゴッドの完成形」と見なし、単体の能力では参照されません。
    統率領域以外からバトルゾーンに出すときは、再び「ゴッドの完成形」でバトルゾーンに出ます。
    また、処理を分かりやすくするために1枚で「ゴッドの完成形」とみなしたプロキシをあらかじめ用意することができます。

Hyperspatial Commander Rules

サイキック・クリーチャー、サイキック・スーパー・クリーチャー、またはドラグハート・クリーチャーを「超次元統率者」として統率者に指定することが出来ます。
    超次元統率者のカードタイプは「サイキック」「ドラグハート」の特殊タイプを持たないものとして扱い、超次元コストを召喚コストとして扱います。

両面がセルでないクリーチャーの超次元統率者は、バトルゾーン以外にあるときはそれぞれ両方の面の文明、コスト、パワー、能力などの特性を持ちます。
    両面がセルでないクリーチャーの超次元統率者が統率領域、バトルゾーン、墓地、手札以外のゾーンにあれば、統率領域に置きます。
    ドラグハート・クリーチャーの超次元統率者を、ウェポンやフォートレス側に裏返すことはできません。

複数のセルからなるクリーチャーの超次元統率者は、構築ルール、デュエル中ともに1枚のカードとして扱われます。そのため、いかなる場合も超次元統率者のリンクを外すことはできません。
    また、構築ルール、デュエル中ともに片面のカードとして扱われ、統率者に指定された面のみの文明、コスト、パワー、能力などの特性を持ちます。
    複数のセルからなるクリーチャーの超次元統率者は、覚醒リンク、龍解した時の能力をバトルゾーンに出した時の能力として扱います。サイキック・スーパー・クリーチャーを指定した超次元統率者をバトルゾーンに出したとき、そのクリーチャーは召喚酔いしません。
    バトルゾーンからバトルゾーン以外に行ったときに、統率領域に戻さなかった場合、その超次元統率者に含まれるカードを1枚選び移動した場所に置き、それ以外を統率領域に置きます。この時、離れた方のカードを超次元統率者と見なします。

Last edited by Yami_Michael on 02.03.17 4:46; edited 1 time in total

Yami_Michael

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" Empty Re: "Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander"

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 5:45

On another note, other than those deckpages, you can also see stuff about this format with the DMEDH hashtag on twitter.

They do a lot of crazy alters for their commander creatures.

Some players even make "strategy cards" for their decktypes.

Karre Ganejar https://twitter.com/DMEDH_enjoy/status/835858176238989312

Taka, Duema Star: https://twitter.com/DMEDH_enjoy/status/835858976692555780

Theres a few jp blogs that write decklists at times too.

Yami_Michael

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" Empty Re: "Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander"

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 5:49

Of course, my favorite decktype is https://twitter.com/n3150281tte82da/status/833648610055053313

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 01.03.17 13:10

Wow, this format seems like so much fun! I'm certain the format could also be applied to TCG although with roughly 1000 cards, highlander formats are rather difficult in TCG. And the banned and restricted list should be established separately for TCG. TCG is my main interest for this simply because most of the players in Finland play TCG. Still, I would love to try this format out playing OCG since that's where this is going to truly shine gameplay-wise.

I appreciate that you shared and are translating all the rules for this format, Yami Michael. Can't wait to see more!

Yami_Michael wrote:Of course, my favorite decktype is https://twitter.com/n3150281tte82da/status/833648610055053313
    Deck full of O.HA.NA.Ps and 1 Humanity and what is that creature as a commander? That deck must be superb Cool
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

Post by Secret_Wyvern 01.03.17 13:59

I can't wait to see the banlist for this format, then I can build a TCO deck for this! Very Happy
    And if anyone wants to play this format, I'm always eager to try out things like this. Very Happy
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 14:09

I might translate bits of the banlist now, I guess. (Google translate would generally give the gist of it though, usually the card names aren't too hard to decipher.)

For example, the trio ban is

《勝利のガイアール・カイザー》&《勝利のリュウセイ・カイザー》&《勝利のプリンプリン》
    "Victory Gaial · Kaiser" & "Victory Cruiser · Keizer" & "Victorious Purine Pudding"

So of course, is Gaial Kaiser, the Victorious and Ryusei Kaiser, the Victorious and Prin Prin, the Victorious.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 14:11

ELTP wrote:Deck full of O.HA.NA.Ps and 1 Humanity and what is that creature as a commander? That deck must be superb Cool

The leader is http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Pop,_D2P

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 01.03.17 15:20

Ahh, I see, D2P. That deck wouldn't really make any sense even in EDH format especially with no D2 Fields in your deck, but it's a funny idea. Humanity seems to be quite pointless though, unless it can be changed to D2 Field.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 15:27

Oh yeah, its totally just a joke.

There is a water version with a similar gameplan on that website that uses 20 http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaarmy,_Guerrilla_Division though with iQ Cloypaedia, Dragment Symbol as the commander though.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 01.03.17 15:53

Fixed the rules about extra turn/alternate wins, and some of the banlist was translated.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 01.03.17 17:48

Yami_Michael wrote:There is a water version with a similar gameplan on that website that uses 20 http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaarmy,_Guerrilla_Division though with iQ Cloypaedia, Dragment Symbol as the commander though.
    That's ingenious! Not very good but definitely a nice fit!

Yami_Michael wrote:Fixed the rules about extra turn/alternate wins, and some of the banlist was translated.
    Alright, so the work is almost done. No Psychic Suva allowed as a commander, makes sense when I think it now. They seem to have done lots of duels using the format.
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Mr-ex777 01.03.17 18:54

It's cool, but the banlist basically kills any form of fun.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 02.03.17 3:51

ELTP wrote:That's ingenious! Not very good but definitely a nice fit!

I waited a long time for DM to get the "rat ability" of unlimited copies of a card in a deck, so any deck using something like that, I'm gonna be partial too. It actually seems like it could be quite strong with all the draw the deck has, and the stuff like Gyuujinmaru in there.

ELTP wrote:Alright, so the work is almost done. No Psychic Suva allowed as a commander, makes sense when I think it now. They seem to have done lots of duels using the format.

Extra Turn/Alternate Win rules already stop a lot of problem cards, but the banlist mainly seems to focus on "mass removal" as well as "mass mana accel" stuff.

Fan format though, people could just play the regular banlist or no-banlist if they want, since they would be playing 1v1 if not IRL anyway.

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 02.03.17 4:39

I think I mentioned that sometimes they give special treatment to their commanders, and this card-modification (I forget what the method is named...) is what I meant.

As they don't need to go in the deck (as they can just go to the command zone), you can use

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" C5LHpMtVcAANtod

Of course if you did want it to go in the deck, you could just have another copy of the card handy to do so.

Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 02.03.17 11:41

Yami_Michael wrote:I think I mentioned that sometimes they give special treatment to their commanders, and this card-modification (I forget what the method is named...) is what I meant.

As they don't need to go in the deck (as they can just go to the command zone), you can use

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" C5LHpMtVcAANtod

Of course if you did want it to go in the deck, you could just have another copy of the card handy to do so.
    Oh wow, I saw those type of modified cards alot on the internet!
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 02.03.17 11:49

I guess they are just considered "3d alters". Maybe I should make another thread about them listing ones when we randomly find them.

Its not needed for DM, but I've even seen MTG do abacus ones for life counters.

"Duel Masters - Elder Dragon Highlander" Il_570xN.384260232_eyu2

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 05.03.17 2:07

Yami_Michael wrote:I think I mentioned that sometimes they give special treatment to their commanders, and this card-modification (I forget what the method is named...) is what I meant.

Those 3D alters look very cool! Makes me want to posses them, too. A thread dedicated to them is a very nice idea.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 14.03.17 22:16

There are someways of getting those "3d alters", without creating them by yourself but i'm think i'm not allowed to make any advertising here Razz.Maybe in a new thread.
    Sounds interesting i need someine (eltp) who plays a duel in that format Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 3:38