Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Non-English cards collection information

Haiken
    Haiken

Feedback Points : +15

Non-English cards collection information Empty Non-English cards collection information

Post by Haiken 21.03.18 7:12

The purpose of this thread:
    -To list which sets the non-English cards were fully translated into.
    -To list which theme decks the non-English cards had available.
    -To list the non-English DM-03 and DM-05 cards available through theme decks.

Relevant info:
    -The Duel Masters TCG was translated into six languages. (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.)
    -The English cards were fully translated up to DM-12, but the non-English cards were not.
    -It was possible to get several translated DM-03 and DM-05 cards through decks, even though none of the non-English languages released booster packs of DM-03 and DM-05.
    -The Shadowclash decks (Lethal Luminosity and Deadly Decay) were released as stand-alone decks in the non-English languages, and not through the Shadowclash Collector Tin.
    -The cards from the non-English Shadowclash decks do not have Collection Numbers ending with /46.
    -The non-English Shadowclash decks had regular versions of Vashuna, Syforce, Mongrel Man and Mist Rias instead of foil versions.

Non-English DM-03 and DM-05 cards available through decks:
    DM-03:
    6/55 Ra Vu, Seeker of Lightning (Lethal Luminosity)
    26/55 Gamil, Knight of Hatred (Deadly Decay)
    31/55 Scratchclaw (Deadly Decay)
    32/55 Snake Attack (Disruptive Forces)
    38/55 Explosive Dude Joe (Disruptive Forces) (Starter Deck 2)
    55/55 Sword Butterfly (Starter Deck 2)

DM-05:
    14/55 Syforce, Aurora Elemental (Lethal Luminosity) (Block Rockers)
    16/55 Aqua Surfer (Block Rockers)
    21/55 Sea Slug (Block Rockers)
    30/55 Jewel Spider (Disruptive Forces)
    31/55 Scheming Hands (Disruptive Forces)
    34/55 Vashuna, Sword Dancer (Deadly Decay)
    38/55 Bombat, General of Speed (Disruptive Forces)
    43/55 Rikabu, the Dismantler (Disruptive Forces)
    51/55 Enchanted Soil (Starter Deck 2)

The sets and decks available in the different non-English languages:
    German and Italian TCG:
    -DM-01, DM-02, DM-04, DM-06 and DM-07 were fully translated.
    -Starter Deck 1, Shobu's Fire Deck, Kokujo's Darkness Deck, Lethal Luminosity, Deadly Decay, Disruptive Forces, Block Rockers and Starter Deck 2 were available in German and Italian.

French and Spanish TCG:
    -DM-01, DM-02, DM-04 and DM-06 were fully translated.
    -Starter Deck 1, Shobu's Fire Deck, Kokujo's Darkness Deck, Lethal Luminosity, Deadly Decay, Disruptive Forces and Block Rockers were available in German and Italian.

Portuguese TCG:
    -DM-01 and DM-02 were fully translated.
    -Starter Deck 1, Shobu's Fire Deck and Kokujo's Darkness Deck were available in Portuguese. (The Portuguese Starter Deck 1 was based on the OCG version, and does not have any promos in it.)

Thanks to ELTP who provided much of the information here.

Last edited by Haiken on 22.01.21 14:00; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated information)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Non-English cards collection information Empty Re: Non-English cards collection information

Post by Admin 24.03.18 18:34

I'm glad that I could be helpful!

I actually were missing two of these. They weren't my top priority but after having got pretty much everything else, I should get those two I'm missing (In German at least).

I have started creading decks keeping these non-English cards. It has actually lots of potential and I even managed to come 2nd in a tournament we had today. The plus side is that these cards are all pretty common.

This thread should be helpful for anyone interested in German, Spanish, Italian or French versions of cards.
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Non-English cards collection information Empty Re: Non-English cards collection information

Post by loui-mh 05.06.18 10:40

Thank you @Haiken and @ELTP, this list really helps to find some missing cards! bounce
    Haiken
    Haiken

Post by Haiken 05.06.18 21:03

Glad to hear that the list is useful. Smile
    Haiken
    Haiken

Non-English cards collection information Empty Update to the original post

Post by Haiken 22.01.21 13:55

Since I've started to collect the non-English cards more seriously, I've noticed that the previous information here was lacking. I've updated the original post. It should now be more accurate.

Some of the major findings are:
    -The French and Spanish TCG did not have the DM-07 set translated.
    -The French and Spanish TCG did not have the Starter Deck 2. This means that you can't get the DM-03 Sword Butterfly, the DM-05 Enchanted Soil and the promo Pyrofighter Magnus in French and Spanish.
    -At the time of making this thread I did not know about the Portuguese cards. They have been added.

Last edited by Haiken on 22.01.21 14:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : None

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 22.01.21 18:59

Chinese cards are also TCG. Sets 1, 2, 6 and DMS-01 starter deck were released.
    Haiken
    Haiken

Post by Haiken 23.01.21 0:47

Hm, I've always associated the Chinese cards with the OCG since it is in Asia and doesn't have any of the TCG decks (as far as I know), but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add it regardless.

I would need to gather more information about it, since I'm unsure about promos and decks when it comes to the Chinese cards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 4:31