Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Duel Masters English Collection for sale

OcarinaArbok
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : None

Duel Masters English Collection for sale Empty Duel Masters English Collection for sale

Post by OcarinaArbok 22.07.23 17:34

Good afternoon everyone,

My father and I have decided now is the time to sell our English collection.
    We used to have a card shop and during its heyday, i got quite involved in playing DM and also collecting them.

Now, there are a handful of cards missing from the collection, but not many. Instead of trying to fill the gaps, ive decided to offer them for sale. I will be putting the money towards my first house (im nearly there!)

So, here is the collection below;

DM01 - DM09
    All cards present

DM10 (cards missing from the set)
    S3/S10 Hurricane Crawler
    S5/S10 Core-Crash Lizard
    S7/S10 Bodacious Giant
    S10/S10 Deklowaz, the Terminator

DM11 (cards missing from the set)
    S3/S5 Miraculous Plague

DM12 (cards missing from the set)
    S1/S5 Terradragon Arque Delacerna
    S2/S5 Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope
    S3/S5 Cruel Naga, Avatar of Fate
    S4/S5 Death Phoenix, Avatar of Doom
    S5/S5 Aura Pegasus, Avatar of Life
    5/55 Soul Phoenix, Avatar of Unity
    6/55 Ularus, Punishment Elemental
    15/55 Radioactive Horn, the Strange

All cards are mint/NM and have been stored away from moisture, so there are no curls. All cards are protected with sleeves and in card guardian folders.

I have posted these on the facebook pages for trading and selling, had a few lowball offers which i am not going to entertain. Im looking for either a collector or someone who knows the market and wants to sell them on themselves, not oppotunists...

For now, we are looking to sell everything in one go, not looking to split at the moment

With that in mind, we are asking for a figure around £7000 ($9000) however we can discuss this through messages. Photos can be provided on request through email or messages etc

Thanks,

Will & Tom
    131 Games (closed 2009)
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Duel Masters English Collection for sale Empty Re: Duel Masters English Collection for sale

Post by KazeBlack 28.07.23 18:08

You ask for a chunky price and you will not find a serious buyer if you don't give them something to drool over. Add pictures. You got Bolmeteus, Bajula, Bluum Erkis, various Miraculous cards, Bombazar and entire master sets in top condition as you claim it, so go ahead and show them. Withholding them is a huge mistake as a lot of people will just disregard you for spewing empty words and loose interest right away. You'll not appear serious yourself if you aren't proactive with this huge beast of a card stack.

I still think 7k is a bit high since you don't own a single one of the avatars and aren't a trusted trader (yet), but I think you can get it sold for 5 or maybe 6k total BUT there is one problem which makes things a lot harder for you:
    The shipping cost and taxing is going to be insane for such a huge collection, for sellers it's absolutely not worth it to invest into that. This is why I generally recommend spliting at least certain parst off (e.g master sets) and have the collection be segmented into several pieces that people can buy, not this one huge blob that is too difficult for buyers to handle.
    You should really think about that.

I love your dad though. I wish all dads would respect card games as much as yours does.
    OcarinaArbok
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Duel Masters English Collection for sale Empty Re: Duel Masters English Collection for sale

Post by OcarinaArbok 28.07.23 18:18

Hi Kaze

Appreciate the feedback.

The images seemed to be a pain to link in which is why i was offering to forward the files by email or through messenger.

This collection, is by extention, my dads. He is a well known and trusted seller of pokemon, having recently agreed a six figure sum for his entire pokemon collection, as well as selling the worlds only publicly seen copy of charmander snap. I hope that his reputation preceeds mine. I have been selling Weiss/DM/CFV via ebay and cardmarket for a few years now. Id like to think i hold myself to my fathers high standards as well.

As for the bulk, this was something i have thought about, and splitting was an option. It may be the only viable selling option, however the key cards will always sell fast leaving me with 90% of the less desired cards. I think i may end up selling each set individually but not singles.

Will
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 28.07.23 22:48

OcarinaArbok wrote:Hi Kaze

Appreciate the feedback.

The images seemed to be a pain to link in which is why i was offering to forward the files by email or through messenger.

This collection, is by extention, my dads. He is a well known and trusted seller of pokemon, having recently agreed a six figure sum for his entire pokemon collection, as well as selling the worlds only publicly seen copy of charmander snap. I hope that his reputation preceeds mine. I have been selling Weiss/DM/CFV via ebay and cardmarket for a few years now. Id like to think i hold myself to my fathers high standards as well.

As for the bulk, this was something i have thought about, and splitting was an option. It may be the only viable selling option, however the key cards will always sell fast leaving me with 90% of the less desired cards. I think i may end up selling each set individually but not singles.

Will

It's great to hear your dad is so successful when it comes to TCGs. Sadly DM is a pretty isolated card game since it's discontinued in the west so there is hardly any pillars in the west that play it, and those who do are strict DM onlies so we don't get much info about other card games.

Selling as master sets would have been my choice for this chunk, it is like you said, however if you got spare copies of those strong foils aside from the master sets there is many players who are willing to pay good for them since there is so few on the market, but I also consider the master set more valuable, they're still harder to sell of course but definitely not as hard as the big blob as a whole.
    I would do it like this: Master sets, almost master sets, strong singles, and junk (possible 2 or 3 parts, depending on how large your stack is). The junk can be sold on ebay if it got some cards of later sets sprinkled throughout it. This sells surprisingly well, especially from players abroad. But I would do that in fall because it's summer right now so less people are out to check for cards since they go on vacation and tend to be broke. DM has an older playerbase, we all grew up with it. The kids these days never really came in contact with it so there is no attachment.

ebay is unfortunately not a good place to sell DM specifically. It is massively overpriced, people use that platform to suck the cash like bloody vampires from unknowing players who are returning to the game and are unaware of the card values because it's the most accessible place globally to find DM cards. That is a huge disadvantage of any game that's discontinued but still has a solid, active playerbase and DM is a huge player in that since it's still active in Japan and produced to this day.
    We have many good traders here, so you are pretty much at the best place already. I know the community is kinda small, once the pics are up I can forward your post to facebook and help you find your buyer(s). We had issues with fb traders in the past so if you sell to someone on fb, make sure to inform yourself well.

I have moderastor rights, if you PM me the pictures I can edit and link them into your post. Best you use an upload site like imgur and then create an album so people only need to click a single link to view all of them at once.
    OcarinaArbok
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by OcarinaArbok 28.07.23 23:58

Thanks Kaze, I'll deffo sort out the photos.

I collected the DMEX and DMRP series cards, I have since stopped in favour of Weiss schwarz though. I have the full collections of EX and RP which may not be worth too much but I'll hold on to them until someone wants them.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 05.08.23 1:20

OcarinaArbok wrote:Thanks Kaze, I'll deffo sort out the photos.

I collected the DMEX and DMRP series cards, I have since stopped in favour of Weiss schwarz though. I have the full collections of EX and RP which may not be worth too much but I'll hold on to them until someone wants them.

Perhaps I want want them? Smile

I'm not into buying master sets though since I collect RP/EX saga myself and have a decent chunk of it complete already. I am not that far with writing my wants yet so I would have to check manually of what I need. I am pretty much the only super OCG freak here so I'm probably the only person you could easily sell them to so far you don't overprice.
    OcarinaArbok
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by OcarinaArbok 05.08.23 6:52

I have a load of spares, feel free to send me a list and I'll go through it. Preferably by number as it's all Japanese ofc 🤣 I typically use Full Ahead for pricing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 8:16