Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store

Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store  Empty 53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store

Post by Boongie 05.10.22 13:35

Firstly I would like to say hello and good morning

I'll  cut straight to the story....I was in a second hand furniture store, and in the back their was a crate of what I first thought were old Japanese playing cards. After futher investigation, I realized they were duel masters cards. 52 packs to be exact. I opened a few packs to investigate and realized they were Japanese cards.

I'll admit, I didn't know much about duel masters until today. What I did find out was that each deck has 40 cards, and that's exactly how many cards were in each pack....so I guess I have 52 decks of duel masters cards.

I need help identifying these cards.

I'll be monitoring this thread for a response
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store  Empty Re: 53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store

Post by KazeBlack 05.10.22 17:38

Boongie wrote:Firstly I would like to say hello and good morning

I'll  cut straight to the story....I was in a second hand furniture store, and in the back their was a crate of what I first thought were old Japanese playing cards. After futher investigation, I realized they were duel masters cards. 52 packs to be exact. I opened a few packs to investigate and realized they were Japanese cards.

I'll admit, I didn't know much about duel masters until today. What I did find out was that each deck has 40 cards, and that's exactly how many cards were in each pack....so I guess I have 52 decks of duel masters cards.

I need help identifying these cards.

I'll be monitoring this thread for a response

Some Japanese sets came in deck-size releases in form of starter decks or theme decks, from your description it is impossible to say how old they are and from which set(s), or if they could possibly be fakes (that can happen too, but most fakes are English).

Some of these decks are quite valuable as sealed product, mainly the very old ones, which go up to 200$ in price.

We are in dire need of pictures, please post some.  Do not open up more of these decks until we have determined their set origin.
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store  Empty Re: 53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 2:53

Hey kaze, thanks for the response
    These cards were all loose, and just arranged into individual 40 card decks and then sealed In a tight plastic. I got them from a store than specializes in importing surplus japanese furniture, so I doubt they are fake. I'm opening them now and separating the holographic cards.....I'll post photos later. I don't know much about duel masters, but theirs probably something in here that someone is looking for. The bottom right hand side of the cards is the series identifier?? For example : DMR05 7/110.

Last edited by Boongie on 06.10.22 2:59; edited 1 time in total
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 2:54

Hey kaze, thanks for the respnse.
    These cards were all loose, and just arranged into individual 40 card decks and then sealed In a tight plastic. I got them from a store than specializes in importing surplus japanese furniture, so I doubt they are fake. I'm opening them now and separating the holographic cards.....I'll post photos later. I don't know much about duel masters, but theirs probably something in here that someone is looking for. The bottom right hand side of the cards is the series identifier?? For example : DMR05 7/110.
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 2:57

I've opened about 10, and from what I can assume, these must have been used for playing, as the cards are all mixed up and from different years and series from 2004-2015. Haven't seen a single one from after 2015. That crate of cards must have been sitting back there for 7 years

Last edited by Boongie on 06.10.22 2:58; edited 1 time in total
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 4:42

Funny side note..... I went back to the furniture store to ask the owner where he obtained them......he said they were from a graduating class of a local high school in his hometown. It was their pledge to stop playing card games, so they all donated their decks to him, the Local antinque/knick knack dealer.

Kind of funny, many of them had a random yugioh card in their deck.....also MANY fire emblem cards....not sure of the rules of duel masters but I find it funny to of think them pulling out a random fire emblem card and trying to play it, causing a fight
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 5:53

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store  20221011
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 5:57

53 decks of Japanese cards found in a furniture store  20221012
    Boongie
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Boongie 06.10.22 5:57

That's how they were packaged
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 07.10.22 17:15

I see. It's just standard local resale then. They are real though, which is good.

Unfortunately, looks like this is exclusively junk commons. If you have pictures of some of the foils, perhaps a few of them hold a little value.

Since they're very mixed it will be hard to find a buyer for these the way they're packaged. It may be better to open them up and sell them as a lot, but with not knowing the contents that is always a gamble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 21:07