Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player

AlilNinja
    AlilNinja
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player Empty Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player

Post by AlilNinja 04.07.21 21:14

I'm trying to get back into Duel Masters and have a few ruleset questions and a few gameplay questions. Any rules wisdom is appreciated Smile

1. In Magic the Gathering you have a pretty flexible main phase and second main phase where you can play your mana for the turn or cast spells in whatever order you choose. In Duel Masters it seems like it's streamlined into untap, play mana, cast creatures/spells, attack, end. Going through the rules this sounds like you must do each of these things in this order and if you skip a step you've effectively missed out on that action. I just wanted to make sure that's correct. So if you start your turn with a single Energy Stream in hand, choose not to play it as mana and cast it to draw 2 cards instead, then because you've started casting spells you aren't allowed to play one of those drawn cards as mana because you already skipped your mana phase. Is that correct? Same for attacking. Once you've started attacking with creatures you aren't allowed to play any more spells, right?
    2. Does Duel Masters have the concept of "floating mana"? For example, in Magic you can tap 7 mana to have it all "floating" in your mana pool, play one 4-cost spell, then play another 3-cost spell with the remaining floating mana. Can you do that in Duel Masters? If I have a 3-drop in my mana zone, 9 mana, and an Upheaval in hand (costs 6, puts all cards from your mana zone to hand and all cards from your hand into your mana zone tapped), am I able to tap all 9 of my mana, cast Upheaval with 6 of it, put my mana zone into my hand, and then spend the remaining 3 mana to cast the 3-drop? Or can you ONLY tap mana right as you cast a spell and can't tap extra?
    3. How do Mulligans work in Duel Masters?
    4. If I use Fists of Forever (chosen creature untaps whenever it wins a battle) on a creature with Power Attacker, will power attacker trigger with each extra attack? So 2000 +3000 +3000 +3000 if I was able to attack and kill 3 creatures?
    5. For cards like Necrodragon Giland (when this creature battles, destroy it after it battles), the "destroy it after it battles" part only triggers after battling a creature right? If the attack is unblocked and the dragon hits my opponent then that doesn't count as a battle and the dragon is not destroyed?
    6. What's the timing on death triggers? If I have Bat Doctor, Shadow of Undeath (when this creature is destroyed, you may return another creature from your graveyard to your hand) plus a 6000 power creature and they're both murdered by an Apocalypse Vise, they go to the graveyard together as part of Apocalypse resolving, then the Bat's death trigger happens and I can choose the 6000 power creature, right?
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player Empty Re: Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player

Post by Halfar 04.07.21 21:31

1. Yes the order is strict in DM
    Untap -> Draw -> Charge -> Play cards and use effects -> Attack / Tap Effects -> End Turn

2. This is strict too. You tap -> You play a card. U cant tap mana "for later". So the upheaval scenario doesnt work

3. Mulligan do not exist. There isnt a reason bcuz you can charge every card.

4. No it will only get that +3000 when it attacks and then it resets itself.
    That doesnt stack. But keep in mind if u play spells/effects like muscle charger and rumble gate it does stack.

5. Yes Necrodragon Giland survives. He only gets destroyed if he battles, like fighting with Hulcus or getting blocked by Squito.

6. Yes as they are destroyed at the same time. If you have multiple cards that trigger at the same time u can choose which order u use.
    Note: If you have Mongrel Man and 2 Locomotiver and your opponent uses Burst Shot you can draw 2 cards as Mongrel Man "saw" the destruction of the 2 Locomotivers
    AlilNinja
    AlilNinja
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player Empty Re: Some Rule Clarifications for a returning player

Post by AlilNinja 04.07.21 21:53

1. Gotcha

2. Drat, I was hoping I was wrong and there would be mana floating. Understood XD I'm now curious though about what/how many new interactions and combos there would be if floating mana was a thing

3. Got it, but there are still valid reasons someone might want to mulligan in Duel Masters. Aggro could want a faster hand, midrange or control could get unlucky and draw all 5's and 6's and die to aggro, or you might want to try getting a blocker or combo/early game card.

4. Ah okay, so the attack triggers happen with each extra attack but nothing stacks. Good to know

5. Excellent

6. Oh nice, I'm glad multiple death triggers work similar to how they do in MTG

Thanks for the clarifications! You rock! Very Happy
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Post by Halfar 05.07.21 22:06

thank you Smile

Yeah okay mulligan would be nice but maybe a bit too strong
    for some decks.
    I never played MTG and never played a card game which uses Mulligan so its just "normal" for me that mulligans doesn't exist in DM.

Yeah the floating mana would be really strong. or imagine having a second phase after battle phase where u can play cards..
    THAT would be broken xd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 21:35