Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Where to buy older OCG cards?

Paracera
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Where to buy older OCG cards? Empty Where to buy older OCG cards?

Post by Paracera 09.03.17 14:45

I've been getting back into DM and decided to try to build a collection. It seems like nobody really sells booster boxes that are more than a few years old, though, and when they do they're either prohibitively expensive or don't ship overseas. (I'm in Europe.)

Is there some sort of Japanese T&T equivalent or do I have to just browse Ebay/Amazon/Rakuten hoping stuff pops up?
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Where to buy older OCG cards? Empty Re: Where to buy older OCG cards?

Post by KazeBlack 09.03.17 16:05

Paracera wrote:I've been getting back into DM and decided to try to build a collection. It seems like nobody really sells booster boxes that are more than a few years old, though, and when they do they're either prohibitively expensive or don't ship overseas. (I'm in Europe.)

Is there some sort of Japanese T&T equivalent or do I have to just browse Ebay/Amazon/Rakuten hoping stuff pops up?

There are multiple people here who can get that stuff and ship worldwide. However like you said, it won't be cheap simply for the fact that these (by now vintage) sets are hard to come by especially in mint/sealed condition.

I have a huge OCG collection so if you're looking for single cards you can always ask me. I also import booster bundles as well as singles and merchandise every few months as group orders via the service I run with friends. Bundles consist of 10 or 20 boosters for less shipping cost and easier shipment overall. Not offering boxes, as sealed boxes/cases are way more expensive to ship and are usually stopped by customs/drug control and delay the shipment process heavily. Shipment process seems to be a huge issue for you and I don't want to promote my service here, but getting help from a third person to ease up the process can really benefit you.

Keep in mind that online shops do NOT protect you from additional taxes applying when the stuff gets imported into your country. If the wares are very cheap you shouldn't have any problems with it but once your order surpasses 30$ (shipment cost included!!!) you will start to get problems in most countries.

Feel free to message people privately for trades/buying, or post in their trade threads. Smile
    Paracera
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Paracera 09.03.17 16:41

Yeah, taxes are really bad here. I know some stores get around it by marking items as gifts, but I suppose that probably isn't technically legal.

Anyway, I'll definitely keep an eye on the trade section! I was hoping there'd be a more streamlined way, but what can you do.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 11.03.17 13:01

It's very difficult to find older OCG cards usually. In Finland we have faced this problem several times when trying to find a Japanese print of a TCG card since the TCG prints can be very expensive. Even Yahoo Auctions and Yahoo Shopping doesn't really have these older cards available. I recommend checking From Japan proxy service since it seems to be the easiest and cheapest option available.

Declaring as a gift usually won't work at all.
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Mr-ex777 11.03.17 17:12

Actually the safest bet is to go to amazon.jp and used proxy bidders as eltp said. And amazon.jp sometimes has some really interesting stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 4:31