Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

(TCG) Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope

Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : +2

(TCG) Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope - Page 2 Empty Re: (TCG) Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope

Post by Coriler 16.11.17 11:12

ELTP wrote:I see, good points. I usually won't run Hulcus unless I really need to get a body on the field without losing hand. Energy stream is of course more suitable against discarding but Hulcus increases your field. Syrion is great for Starnoid, so would definitely use it instead of Hulcuses.

Pharzi is usually played only with Transmogrify, Reincarnation or Daidalos. It works very well with those but I think it's too situational in a Starnoid deck.

oh so you dont run hulcus at all?
    and no magris as well? i would run 6x hulcus if i could XD

what does your build look like?

pharzi is good with late game awe recycling as well as stream recycling.
    but indeed a bit situational. also the 2 mana cost is not that preferable.

here with 2 streams however i wont run it since i rather snipe shields with tulk early game as well as having an easier starnoid drop mid- game
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

(TCG) Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope - Page 2 Empty Re: (TCG) Wise Starnoid, Avatar of Hope

Post by Admin 16.11.17 15:24

No Hulcus nor Magris in Starnoid. Energy Streams (Brain Serum is something to consider also, depending on meta game) and Merfolk especially combined with Emeral and Syrion are enough.

I know that you could get away with Emeral -> Hulcus -> Kolon/Nariel -> Starnoid/Merfolk (-> Starnoid + Vess), but I have preferred to drop Syrion or cast Energy Stream on the 3rd turn.

Also, I generally have used just 3 Starnoids because of the decent amount of draw in the deck.
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Coriler 21.11.17 11:01

there are a lot of reasons why hulcus is considered one of the best cards in the TCG.
    how can you pass that up Razz?
    hulcus is a free body, not just a body that "preserves hand"

your finnish meta is very aggro oriented though so i see(but dont suggest) why you run just 3 starnoids.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 23.11.17 21:19

Hulcus is not a free body, you have to pay for it. Preserving your hand is the exact definition what Hulcus does (plus makes your deck smaller while doing that). Hulcus is awesome but I wouldn't play it in more control type Starnoid.

That said, if you run both Hulcus and Magris, you really get a nice LW Starnoid aggro deck even if you wouldn't end up summoning Starnoid.
    Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Coriler 23.11.17 22:31

its not free in that sense. paradise aroma isnt as well. if it drew 1 then it would be.
    of course you have to pay.

i mean:

0 cards in hand mid/late game: topdeck hulcus ->  draw another card and play it.

maybe my wording was off/wrong but i spam the field with magris/ hulcus late game when i got controlled.
    now i am running lucky balls instead of maxed magris , hoping for early tulks/emerals.

topdeck tulk = tulk
    topdeck magris/hulcus then tulk = 2 creatures on field. this is what i mean with free
    if you draw multiple hulcus/magris off of each other this becomes even more apperant. thats what i mean with free. its not just about preserving the hand.

you udnerstood my deck, summoning starnoid isnt that easy vs control. you get disrupted,controlled.
    thats why i pressure with cards that are more disruption-safe.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Post by Halfar 02.03.18 7:58

i would take out 2x tulk and add 2 vess

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 4:18