Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

[TCG] SPLASH! The Hydro Hurricane Deck

diabolicaldrew
    diabolicaldrew
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +1

[TCG] SPLASH!  The Hydro Hurricane Deck Empty [TCG] SPLASH! The Hydro Hurricane Deck

Post by diabolicaldrew 08.02.17 3:21

So when I picked up Duel Masters early on, I always loved the card artwork for the DM04 rare Hydro Hurricane and upon further looking at it learned that when used with a card like Mist Rias it can be broken.  Spawning creatures with heavy draw power can get you a high supply of monsters to maximize the devastating potential of Hydro Hurricane.  Below is my first Hydro Hurricane deck.  Very competitive.  Not what I would consider my best deck made, but nonetheless very fun and easy to run.

Water/Light/Darkness
    Light=16
    La Ura Giga X4
    Sol Galla x2
    Magris x3
    Mist Rias x3
    Holy Awe x4

Darkness=8
    Terror Pit X4
    Pierr, Psycho Doll x4 (Or Bloody Squito, I personally prefer Pierr)

Water=11
    Hydro Hurricane x4
    Energy Stream x3
    Aqua Hulcus x4

Multi-Civ's=5
    Melnia the Aqua Shadow x3
    Tajimal, Vizier of Aqua x2

After playing my Australian friend, he utilized a strictly water/light adaptation of this deck and his worked pretty well just focusing on bouncing all the cards in the mana zone.  Anyone else test this card in a deck?
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +2

[TCG] SPLASH!  The Hydro Hurricane Deck Empty Re: [TCG] SPLASH! The Hydro Hurricane Deck

Post by striker EX 08.02.17 9:30

As a lover of HH myself, I would use these changes for this deck.

-3 magris
    +1 mist rias
    +1 stream

Magris only replaces itself, which is not good enough to combat the multitude of clamps and nightmares. Not as if it is meant to attack right after - this is a stall deck after all. Instead a turn 3 stream gives maximum protection against clamps. Mist rias max out - no explanation, straight broken.

Hulcus -2
    Tajimal +1
    Marinomancer +2

Hulcus is also less than ideal, as it is neither light nor dark. Tajimal is awesome against rush, and marinomancer is especially potent for bouncing back after a lost soul. Speaking of which,

Terror pit -2
    Holy awe -2
    Lost soul +2
    Cranium clamp +2

This deck already has a lot of blockers so shield triggers should not be relied upon as defense. Awe is not needed IMO due to field removal from hurricane. Right now it has a very slow tempo (mist rias dependent) which can be exploited by snowballing decks due to the lack of hand pressure.

Hope this helps. I see that you honour the 40 card rule so I will not alter it. My HH deck has 50+ cards though.
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

[TCG] SPLASH!  The Hydro Hurricane Deck Empty Re: [TCG] SPLASH! The Hydro Hurricane Deck

Post by striker EX 08.02.17 9:32

Also be careful of ur opponent simply stalling u out as you have no recovery. A morbid medicine or two will be good.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 08.02.17 13:01

Firstly, I like how the deck is 40 cards, it keeps it very functional.

Secondly, I would focus on keeping Hydro Hurricane and Marinomancer as 4 copies each, the pretty much only water cards on the deck. Maybe adding Surfers if you would feel falling short on STs but Terror Pit and Awe Should already do. Even Skydiver is an excellent choice.

Thirdly, Hydro Hurricane is best used with light creatures since disabling your opponents mana hurts him more than targeting his creatures, at least generally. Nevertheless, I would still apply cards like Gigabalza or Locomotiver in addition to Cranium Clamp to keep your opponents hand empty.

Lastly, Since Hydro Hurricane is a spell and cost 6 mana, I wouldn't really bring Melnia on the table. I'd rather just focus on my defence with the likes of Tajimal and Pala Olesis while keeping your opponents hand empty with Clamps and Locomotivers and your hand full with Marinomancer and Mist Rias. Mist Rias really works well with Clamp and discarding in general.
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by striker EX 08.02.17 13:34

@ ELTP: I would think that 4 marinomancer and 4 rias is a bit overkill for a 40 card deck, as there is always the possibility of deckout. And not putting stream = relying on recovery too much for me, since early discard is very potent (which is still okay, given the number of marinomancer and rias though). Lastly, field swipe can be pretty deadly (e.g seating wave) for a deck without revive, so I still recommend some retrieval.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 08.02.17 14:15

I would at least have 4x Marinomancer but the amount of Mist Rias could be like 2 since it's more situational. Either adding Morbid Medicine or Zombie Carnival would be a good idea.

Post by Guest 08.02.17 14:44

Marinomancer eats your Hurricanes though, I wouldn't play it without Pharzi or something like that. In my experience Pierr isn't really reliable, especially when you lack Pala Olesis in your deck, one aqua vehicle and your doll is gone, for slayer I would go for Gigaslugs. I don't trust Magris also too much. Sure, it is an attacking creature which in HH deck is important, however you already have bunch of drawing cards, for more ST based defence maybe Kolon, the Oracle or just Miele? As mentioned by people before, Pala Olesis, it guards you from the typical mass removal.

For early board control and a card for HH is Spinning Terror, the Wretched. I would replace Pierrs with them.
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by striker EX 08.02.17 23:12

Pala will be good against attackers in general. Miele, kolon, loco, pierr etc just makes u even more vulnerable to board swipes. Perhaps bloody squito instead of pierr?
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 09.02.17 10:41

And no doubt, Squito is one of the top-3 blockers in TCG. Anti Gonta etc.

[TCG] SPLASH!  The Hydro Hurricane Deck Promo114
    diabolicaldrew
    diabolicaldrew
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +1

Post by diabolicaldrew 13.02.17 13:38

Thank you everyone for feedback on the Hydro Hurricane Deck.

Thank you ELTP, I will definitely try Marinomancer in a future duel with this deck

In regards to feedback on Pierr, I like using it because it is a great late game blocker. It always takes a creature upon blocking unlike Squito. I agree that the effect block if able does limits its potential and sometimes you take a lesser creature, but it clears the board, which helps to reduce the opponents field. Squito can't stop a Bolmeteus Steel but Pierr can. I feel both are situational.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 12:05