Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity

KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Empty Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity

Post by KazeBlack 03.02.17 20:03

Yami_Michael wrote:
    ELTP wrote: I haven't even seen any of those so called Artist Proofs at least not a DM one. Haven't even seen a photo. They surely are rare!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the dm-proofs you have, but I think I might have seen them before (shared by Stefan on facebook).

I have one of Eternal Haven from Jesper Ejsing, and a few signed cards from him and Daisuke Izuka, but thats it.

Yes, Stefan posted at least his and maybe mine too (as the artist shipped them to him originally and then Stefan shipped them further to me). I will make some pictures of mine and post them here later. They all have original sketches from the artist on the backside done with pencil and ink, which makes them even more valuable compared to some blank ones.

WOTC gave these out to the artists of DM and Magic and these are the only two larger card games I know which have these confirmed (now also Kaijudo, sadly discontinued though) and if you find pictures of some they're usually from Magic as it has a far more broad pool of illustrators and the sets are way larger than DMs as well for the most part.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Empty Re: Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 6:43

Codeking Wilhelm (drawing is upside down). Sorry for reflection, made these late a night lol. I should've probably taken them out off the toploaders but I want to keep these as mint as possible so I didn't.

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity O7oL9E

Sonic Boom, Sonic

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity LOVX61
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Empty Re: Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity

Post by Admin 04.02.17 11:48

That's definitely not something you see every day. So is the purpose of those cards with white backsides to make it easier for the artists to illustrate their cards? That's quite a small base to draw anything on.

In any case, that's definitely cool. I had no idea.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 16:10

ELTP wrote:That's definitely not something you see every day. So is the purpose of those cards with white backsides to make it easier for the artists to illustrate their cards? That's quite a small base to draw anything on.

In any case, that's definitely cool. I had no idea.

From what I understand they're just a goodie Wizards gives to them to thank them for their work. The cards are drawn months before they actually come out so I'd assume the artist proofs are printed before the regular print run and given to the artists way before actual set release and therefore are on sheets which aren't double sided in order to save money(???). That's not confirmed though. I will ask Mr. Burmak about it, but I doubt he knows much either.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.02.17 16:30

Sounds like a logical explanation to me. Maybe Burmak will be able to give you more insight on them.

I'll split this discussion on a separate thread since it got this interesting.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 17:18

The back of Wilhelm reminds me of an EVA-unit.

----

This is my artist proof. (Jesper only had the different monarch creatures for Kaijudo that day, and Daisuke had none of them. He did however have these other postcard things...but its not at this house.)

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Img_0012
    Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Img_0013

KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 17:32

Yami_Michael wrote:The back of Wilhelm reminds me of an EVA-unit.

Yeah, me too. But it also reminds me of Trigaroid, which is another monster he drew.

I have a 2nd Wilhelm with an Alien sketch on it, and a Nidogiri Ragon which clearly has a Zetsuboubaddo on it (again, another creature made by him).
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 04.02.17 17:36

I quess there is no way to say how much is value of those hyper rare pieces of art?

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Promo114
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 17:47

I got my brother to message me a photo of my Scaradorable art.

It might be Kaijudo, but it was drawn by Daisuke Izuka, and artist that has existed for a LOOOONG time in DM.

I have a bunch signed by him I'll post later in a different thread as this one is more about proofs.

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Img_0014

Last edited by Yami_Michael on 04.02.17 18:00; edited 1 time in total

Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 17:50

Zach Hartigan wrote:I quess there is no way to say how much is value of those hyper rare pieces of art?

Well, only 50 exist, and probably a pain to track down once they've sold/sent them to people. But there isnt really a huge community for art collecting, so the demand isn't too crazy.

However some of Dmitry Burmaks art is fairly popular in general, based on the facebook posts and previous discussion I've had with his art manager.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.02.17 17:51

Zach Hartigan wrote:I quess there is no way to say how much is value of those hyper rare pieces of art?
    It would be very difficultm, indeed. Like KB said, she was offered even USD400 for one of his artist proofs.

When you @KazeBlack first mentioned these artist proofs, I though it would have been something like this (Click on the spoler to make it visible)
    Kaijudo Blank:

I happened to stumble on this blank card on Pojo's Kaijudo section.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 18:01

I have Cloned Spiral signed by Ittoku, who came to Germany as guest at a Championsships in 2006. Getting signed cards or artist proofs in general is really difficult if you never had any contact with any of the artists whatsoever, so I'm very grateful to have experienced that fortune.

Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 18:06

KazeBlack wrote:I have Cloned Spiral signed by Ittoku, who came to Germany as guest at a Championsships in 2006. Getting signed cards or artist proofs in general is really difficult if you never had any contact with any of the artists whatsoever, so I'm very grateful to have experienced that fortune.

Me too. Even if they are cheap and otherwise worthless cards, they have enough value to me.

The favorite ones I got signed by him was Emerald Grass.

Only, there's a DM-01 version (the original), another DM-01 version (English) and then Sun-Stalk Seed (the same card in Kaijudo but different name).

edit: Oh shit, I edited your post by mistake when I was trying to quote it. Whoooops. Sorry. Surprised mods can edit other mods posts.

Last edited by Yami_Michael on 04.02.17 18:09; edited 1 time in total

KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 18:08

Yami_Michael wrote:

Me too. Even if they are cheap and otherwise worthless cards, they have enough value to me.

The favorite ones I got signed by him was Emerald Grass.

Only, there's a DM-01 version (the original), another DM-01 version (English) and then Sun-Stalk Seed (the same card in Kaijudo but different name).

edit: Oh shit, I edited your post by mistake when I was trying to quote it. Whoooops. Sorry.

Moderator issues xD

Can't wait to see pics of that.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 18:17

Remembered I actually had some pics from when I was showing Kok the cards I owned a few months ago. (saves me time going back to grab my folder right now)

Duel Masters Artist Proofs - A True Rarity Img_0510

Each of these was signed by Daisuke (except of course the Eternal Haven). Theres a few others on another page too, post that later though.

KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 04.02.17 18:19

These are really sweet! Very Happy

I doubt you trade anything of that, so I won't even ask.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 2:17