Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

GRUB-Control

loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

GRUB-Control Empty GRUB-Control

Post by loui-mh 06.11.20 17:01

Cheers everyone!

Having a lot of time during the last Corona-months, our german community had some small meetings and many online games and tournaments including the last two IDCs we organaized (thanks to @Halfar for taking the lead in the organization!). During this time I rebuilt nearly all my decks and brought them (back) into shape.

I guess pretty much all cards and their functions used in those decks are well known, so I think it’s only necessary to mention those cards or techs which I think aren’t played that often (especially in our german meta) or aren’t seen in other decks.
    Check them out and let me know what you think of them!

Please note:
    All those decks are constructed on the basis of our german meta (hardcore discard and draw based, Bombazar (un-)officially banned, no maximum card limit and no further restrictions), so cards like Corile, Mist Rias, Swap, Slash Charger and Bolly are cards that can be played four times.

GRUB-Control (47)

Water (13)
    2x Emeral
    3x Hulcus
    4x Stream
    1x Crystal Memory
    1x Thrash Crawler
    2x Corile

Darkness (10)
    1x Morbid
    1x Corpse Charger
    3x Loco
    3x Pit
    2x Lost Soul

Fire (10)
    2x PDF
    2x Searing Wave
    2x Tornado Flame
    2x Apoc
    1x Bolly
    1x Bazagazeal

Nature (11)
    4x BAT
    3x Swap
    1x Terahorn
    1x Neve, the Leveler
    1x Cryptic Totem
    1x Delacerna

Multi (3)
    2x Rebirth
    1x Meltdown

Description
    I only play one copy of Cryptic, Bolly, Delacerna and Baza to have more different options in the late game. This deck also includes a lot of draw power (Stream and Hulcus), mana acceleration (BAT and Corpse Charger), removal (PDF, Tornado Flame, Pit, Searing Wave, Corile, Apoc and Rebirth), grave recycle (Corpse Charger and Morbid), discard (Loco and Lost Soul) and search (Crystal Memory, Neve and Terahorn). My all-time favourite card is the almighty Rebirth which is very playable here because of the many CIP-targets and mana cost options in this deck.
    Each civ is well balanced on nearly 10 cards which makes it I very consistent deck to have an answer to almost every other types.
    To be honest, the only card which isn’t seen that often is Neve. I teched this card especially against swarm decks like LW(N) Beast Folk decks or similar deck types to gain an advantage through the opposing field and have a strong creature with 4k on the field.

Thoughts
    Yes, there is some space for a third Emeral or yes, there could be some options to cut it down to maybe 45/46 cards, but each card is just important as every other card. The split between Corpse Charger and Morbid is easy to explain. I like both cards and the advantage of both (ether get one creature back and get an extra mana or get two creatures back), so I play both once. In the first tests a played two Merfolks, but two were too much, so I reduced them to one. I wanted to try Neve and gave her a chance to shine in a GRUB-deck, so I kicked out the last Merfolk and replaced it with Neve. Tbh, it doesn’t work really well, so I guess I will switch it back again to one Merfolk (way easier to summon and a bit more consistent as Neve because you can summon it whenever you want straight from the mana with Soulswap and get a good draw, if Emeral and Corile are already alive).

Thanks to @darksigner and @Halfar for the tips and hints on building this deck.

GRUB-Control 1_grub10
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

GRUB-Control Empty Re: GRUB-Control

Post by Halfar 12.11.20 11:12

Looks really good, especially Neve haha.

The only card i recommend is Ilusionary Merfolk.
    With Swap and Rebirth you can consistently summon it
    from almost anywhere. Cool
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Post by loui-mh 13.11.20 15:34

Haha yeah, that's the only thing I already chaned after testing it a lot on OCTGN. Neve is a nice card but very situation-dependent and Merfolk is definitely the better option (and the cheaper one). So yeah, I already changed that... was worth a try Very Happy
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Post by Halfar 15.11.20 18:05

My List right now:

GRUB-Control Whatsa12

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content