Sunnysunday, to answer your questions:
1) Is 4 Twin-cannon too clunky for the deck? I've seen them being run in Bombazar blue but it is usally just 2.
- It may seem like much at first, but if you try playing with this deck, you will see how easly it summons these. You can summon them as early as turn 4 if you want, without being pressured to go for game already, like you would with Bombazar. As long as the opponent isn't sitting behind Tajimal, Twin Cannon is very deadly that early in the game, and can quickly seal the deal for Bombazar to go for game, if left to do its work. Pyrofighter Magnus is definitely good, but it doesn't fit in this kind of deck. Magnus has to be summoned again and again, taking up 3 mana every turn. In this deck you want to spam as many creatures as possible, and preferably creatures with summon effects, and you want them to stay out. That way, when you drop Bombazar, you have a whole army to just overwhelm your opponent. Therefore i like 4 twin cannons, as it acts as a semi boss-creature in the deck. I also prefer having 1-2 in my mana zone, as well as 1 in my hand at all times, letting me follow up Bombazar with it if neccesary.
2) Have you tried using pyrofighter magnus?
- I kind of answered that above, but yes i ran x4 Magnus in the Fire/Nature Bombazar deck i ran earlier, which was kind of a rushy Bombazar deck. Magnus was good, and especially if i had two in my hand to follow up Bombazar on that second turn. It is also very hard to kill unless you hit triggers. So by all means, Magnus is good, but it kind of goes against the field and hand advantage that the Bombazar Blue deck wants. So in that deck, it is really not a card you want to play. Twin Cannon can come out only 1-2 turns later than Magnus anyways. Would rather drop a Wind Axe or a Rumbling Terahorn on those turns though.
3) is running only 2 energy streams ever been an issue?
- No Stream in this deck, is one of those cards that you dont really need to draw, but is good to have available in many situations. If you get clamped, if you don't draw a Hulcus, or if you end up in a top-decking situation. Stream is always a very good card in any deck, but in this deck it is just an option i like to have. Therefore im only running 2. Terrahorn is essentially a better version of stream in this deck too, as the deck is almost just creatures, and Terahorn lets me get the one creature i need at that exact moment, as well as providing a body to help Bombazar win the game. This is usually better than just drawing to random cards, and both cards are +1 anyway.
4) Do you every get stopped by blocker and petrova decks?
- Petrova is of absolutely zero concern to this deck. Petrova itself is useless, as it is slow, and can't do anything to stop Bombazar itself. Usually when i go for game, i will let some of the creatures die, just to make the potential blockers they have use their one block (cause after summoning Bombazar, every blocker only gets one use before the game ends the turn after). Blockers in general aren't a concern either, as i run 4 Wind Axe, 4 Surfers and 4 Soulswap. Therefore i will almost always have something accessible to remove the blockers. So playing Petrova against this deck is just asking to be murdered, as it takes up your fifth turn, without providing any defense whatsoever. The fift/sixth turn is also in general the turns i usually go for game with Bombazar.
5) Do early creatures ever slow down your early rush? If they do would running some small early creature removal cards be useful?
- Rush is actually the only deck i ever face, that can cause issues for this deck. I usually beat standard rush, as i can potentially soulswap out a Bombazar on turn 4. Also if rush hits a Surfer in shields against this deck, they basicly lose. Same goes if they hit a Soulswap, and i have a creature on the field. The only times i lose a game to rush, is when they go first, hit no shield triggers, and are able to go for game against me on the fourth turn. If all those thngs go correctly for rush, it will beat this deck. But i have several standard fire/nature and fire/light rush decks in my meta, and i have never lost a whole match against rush. I lose a single duel here and there, but never a match. Sure it can happen, but when played correctly, this deck will beat standard rush 70/75% of the time. Playing rush against this deck is basicly a coin flip, with one head side and two tail sides. You will win a game now and then, but you will lose in the long run. So rush is actually not a consistent or good option against this deck, despite probably being the best non-Bombazar deck you can match up against it. It is simply a coin flip that you will usually lose, so yeah.
6) Have you thought about or tried running Scarlet Skyterror?
- Scarlet is good, but is just not neccesary in this deck. If you try this deck out, you will see that it is extremely easy to just slay down all blockers that come your way. Gonta is bigger than most blockers early game, Twin Cannon and Bombazar also go over most blockers. And should they have a bigger blocker, or a Tajimal that is stopping you, then you have 4 Wind Axe, 4 Surfers and 4 Soulswap to deal with it, which is 12 cards. Tajimal is the only blocker that tend to be an issue for this deck. That is why when playing against light/water, i usually keep a Wind Axe / Soulswap in my hand, just waiting for it. With 4 Wind Axe and all the mana accel + swap, you will have it accessible almost all the time. Can also be searched out with Terahorn, or you can just use Surfer for the same purpose. Scarlet Skyterror is a card meant to take out a whole field of blockers, something not even the most defensive decks will ever have against this deck. i would actually go as far as saying that you WANT your opponent to play blockers early on. This means there will be no pressure on you to end the game quickly, while letting you play your Wind Axes which is a triple-purpose card in this deck, providing a body while taking out a blocker and accelerating your mana. So yeah, don't use Scarlet in this deck man. You want to run cards that you can run 4 of, as this gives you most consistency.
Hope these answeres help you out. But opinions or not, i am pretty sure this is about the best version of this deck you can build. It is extremely overpowered, and is a complete missmatch for 9/10 decks.
Feel free to ask more questions if you need.
And i just have to add:
As cool and great as this deck is, it is relatively boring to play with. It basically autowins against any opposing deck that isnt Rush or another Bombazar deck. Sure some decks can win a game against it if they are lucky, but in general they will just be completely overwhelmed, as all they can do is just play as defensive as they can, in order to simply stay alive. But defense in the long run will just lose against this, so despite usually being the only option, it still kinda isn't an option. The only way to beat this deck is to kill it before it kills you.
Edited by ELTP on 14.11.-17 to merge 2 separate posts