Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

[TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control

iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

[TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control Empty [TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control

Post by iamjason8 29.07.17 6:58

As I posted in my first post, I wanted to get into DM content creation, specifically for the TCG. I got back into the game with a small circle of friends and naturally we've developed our own meta. In our 'local meta', many cards from DM-10 onwards are in severe shortage and control decks have risen to the top. Marino Control is a personal favorite of mine because not only do I love control decks but also love how well it flows. Many thanks to Earthpower from Youtube who inspired me to build a Marinomancer deck of my own.

Philosophy
    The way we build our decks is a compromise of the cards we have available and how good a deck would be irrespective of 'meta' (i.e. built to be as consistent as possible while able to cope with varying strategies). Thus, while some decks are inherently better than others, they're all fairly competitive with each other which I think makes it more fun since anyone can pick up a deck and play.

About the Deck
    For a deck meant to be light on the Water side of things, it's ironic that is how I would describe exactly how the deck flows. Because of this, Marino Control is in my opinion one of the most fun decks to use, especially as far as control decks go. The deck is inherently efficient as the earlier turns of the game will have you constantly gaining advantage by drawing cards and building field presence. It isn't uncommon at all to play a blocker, a draw card, a plus one (Magris or Locomotiver) and Mariomonacer from turns 2-5. Because of the constant +1's, you're often times able to play something every turn and keep a good pace which makes it all the more fun to play. To us, the star of the deck was a very overlooked card given how it is almost like an Illusionary Merfolk (a card with its own engine) all by itself and considering how the card pool opened up significantly throughout the course of the English game, Marino Control in some ways can be seen as the natural, more efficient evolution of the old school RUB decks.

Light 17
    2 Craze Valkyrie, the Drastic
    4 Sarius, Vizier of Suppression
    4 Magris, Vizier of Magnetism
    4 Holy Awe
    3 Kolon, the Oracle

Water 15
    3 Marinomancer
    3 Aqua Hulcus
    3 Energy Stream
    2 Emeral
    1 Thrash Crawler
    1 Flood Valve
    2 Spiral Gate

Darkness 13
    4 Locomotiver
    2 Lost Soul
    4 Terror Pit
    2 Bloody Squito
    1 Morbid Medicine

Multi 5
    2 Bluum Erkis, Flare Guardian
    2 Tajimal, Vizier of Aqua
    1 Miraculous Snare

Total: 50

Other Options:
    Estol, Vizier of Aqua could also be an option as the deck has no shield adding cards outside Miraculous Snare on yourself. It can also evolve into Craze Valkyrie.

A single copy of Phal Eega could be a very fun addition as well since the deck has no spell-recovery.

A few copies of Pharzi, the Oracle or Ghost Touch could also be some good additions for turn 2 plays through thinning out some blockers, Initiates or Spiral Gate. Rain of Arrows is also another favorite.

I do feel like the deck is functional without Bluum Erkis and win by slowly whittling down on your opponent's shields but would require some considerable changes to be played without Bluum and Craze. Completely redoing the deck and using Hydro Hurricane may potentially work but it's hard to imagine since you can't draw into it with Marinomancer.

This is the last control deck I'll be covering for a while. Much more interesting decks are in the works. Smile

Last edited by iamjason8 on 02.08.17 2:15; edited 2 times in total
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

[TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control Empty Re: [TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 29.07.17 13:17

You run far too many water cards for a Marinocontrol.

3-4 Marinos
    4x Stream or Hulcus are enough,
    Also tr keeping the deck below 50.

Would also just tech 1 Bluum, if you already say, he's not necessary to win, then he is not necessary to run twice imo.

Maybe add 2 further Tajimals instead?
    Cool Deck though, pretty standard.
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

[TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control Empty Re: [TCG] Deck Profile - Marino Control

Post by iamjason8 30.07.17 3:10

Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:You run far too many water cards for a Marinocontrol.

3-4 Marinos
    4x Stream or Hulcus are enough,
    Also tr keeping the deck below 50.

Would also just tech 1 Bluum, if you already say, he's not necessary to win, then he is not necessary to run twice imo.

Maybe add 2 further Tajimals instead?
    Cool Deck though, pretty standard.

Good eye. Didn't realize I had 15 until I wrote it up... Embarassed Always thought it was something like 11 or 12. Will drop 1 Stream and Hulcus each along with the Spiral Gates.

Bluum while not entirely necessary is the preferred finisher of the deck hence why I have 2 copies. It would also work better with a smaller deck size in keeping it under 50 cards.

More Tajimals would be good but I don't have the supply. He's absolutely broken. @@
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 30.07.17 7:27

What i tried and what worked in my Marinomancerdecks, 1-2 Teched Emperor Marolls, for reusing Marino, which also works amazingly great with emerals and coriles Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 31.07.17 18:28

1-2 Emperor Marolls is a great advice! In Marino Control, though, 0-1 would be preferred since not that many Cyber Lords are present.

As stated already before, you might have a bit too many water cards in use, but you seem to have already been fixing that issue. I would definitely run those 2 Bluums in your build. If you need more Tajimals, I could probably help you on that. Oh, and what an great deck profile! Introduction, description, video and everything! Call me impressed.
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 02.08.17 2:17

Emperor Maroll...Wow that really came out of nowhere haha. I'm personally a fan of the card so maybe I will try throwing in just one copy.

Thank you for your kind words ELTP, it is very reassuring to know people like you are enjoying the content I put forward. I'll definitely hit you up if I need more Tajimals. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 8:59