Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

Uberdragon Bajula: A Review Empty Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Secret_Wyvern 26.03.17 3:36

Hey if you're interested here's the link to my review on the OG Uberdragon Bajula
    If your not then here's the short version

This card is insane. Run search. On April Fools day run him at four to do this easily

Turn 1 Charge mana
    Turn 2 Charge then cast any cost 2 mana accel
    Turn 3 Charge and play any low cost dragon you can
    Turn 4 Scramble Change Bajula on low cost dragon and start burning mana, if your opponent hasn't used mana accel and you went first they're down to 1 mana! And if they mana accel with some basic next turn they'll be back to 1 mana again! And if they don't mana accel, they'll be down to no mana.

He also has some badass artwork.
    [WARNING: IN FULL REVIEW THE AUTHOR HAS A DRAGON BONER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]
    (disclaimer:not really just tries to hype up Bajula at start of review.)

http://www.tradecardsonline.com/?action=showCardReview&review_id=7815

If you want please rate this review, it would be very much appreciated.
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Uberdragon Bajula: A Review Empty Re: Uberdragon Bajula: A Review

Post by Mr-ex777 28.03.17 18:32

I rated your review and it's ok.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 28.03.17 21:41

Interesting idea, the problem is just that Bajula is not that easy to get into your hand since it's restricted to 1.
    ohdeer
    ohdeer
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by ohdeer 30.03.17 17:29

The idea itself is good, but like just ELTP said Bajula's rest makes that combo really hard to play and it requires lot of support cards in deck which cuts the slots for core cards. You can add some copies of Bajula the Star or Überdragon Bajula, the 2nd to make a more stable version of the mana burn dragon deck. The review is okay, you exhausted the main topic.

Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 30.03.17 18:36

This is a great passionate tribute Review to Überdragon Bajula but like ohdeer says it gets a bit exhausting in the end.
    If you like to you can add 'Bajula's Soul' to the review.
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 29.05.17 7:19

I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail. If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.
    Enigmafiend
    Enigmafiend
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Enigmafiend 29.05.17 12:49

To all the people saying this is unlikely, in tcg bajula and many other op mana retrievals are allowed to be kept upto 4 copies and since this is possible you can run a very strong bajula deck. The fact is that this is like a mega manlock against a 5c deck but it simply destroys ur opponent, setting him back 2 turns worth of charge and breaking 3 shields
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The time is gone,
    The song is over
    Thought i had something more to say
    - TIme by Pink Floyd
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 29.05.17 16:34

iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.

Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
    Aqua Hulcus X4
    Aqua Surfer X4
    Bolzard Dragon X4
    Cocco Lupia X4
    Energy Stream X4
    Faerie Life X4
    Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
    Natural Snare X4
    Terradragon Arcque Delacerna X4
    Uberdragon Bajula X4
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 30.05.17 0:27

Secret_Wyvern wrote:
    iamjason8 wrote:I appreciate that the OCG and TCG are vastly different but I exclusively play TCG and have found Bajula to be a very underwhelming card once you improve deck building and start playing against better decks in general.

I've tried many times to build a viable deck that centers around Bajula since it is my friend's favorite card but to no avail.  If anyone has found a way to make a consistent Bajula deck, I'd appreciate some input.

Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
    Aqua Hulcus X4
    Aqua Surfer X4
    Bolzard Dragon X4
    Cocco Lupia X4
    Energy Stream X4
    Faerie Life X4
    Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
    Natural Snare X4
    Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list. Will have to try it out. What's the main reason for not playing Melgars? I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard. I didn't even realize this card existed... Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 30.05.17 0:32

iamjason8 wrote:
    Secret_Wyvern wrote:

Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
    Aqua Hulcus X4
    Aqua Surfer X4
    Bolzard Dragon X4
    Cocco Lupia X4
    Energy Stream X4
    Faerie Life X4
    Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
    Natural Snare X4
    Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list.  Will have to try it out.  What's the main reason for not playing Melgars?  I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard.  I didn't even realize this card existed...  Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Simple, this is a deck made in five minutes =P
    Obviously it'd need some customization to make it really work well, this deck is mostly just a skeleton that can be altered to fit people's play style. And Arcque is a godsend with cranium clap around. If this was OCG I'd replace him with better options but this is TCG so he's the best we got.
    Enigmafiend
    Enigmafiend
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Enigmafiend 30.05.17 15:47

Secret_Wyvern wrote:
    iamjason8 wrote:
    Secret_Wyvern wrote:

Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
    Aqua Hulcus X4
    Aqua Surfer X4
    Bolzard Dragon X4
    Cocco Lupia X4
    Energy Stream X4
    Faerie Life X4
    Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
    Natural Snare X4
    Uberdragon Bajula X4

Interesting list.  Will have to try it out.  What's the main reason for not playing Melgars?  I thought the objective of the deck was to get Bajula out asap.

By just looking at the list I feel like Terradragon Arcque Delacerna really turns the deck around since in testing my decks got completely wrecked by discard.  I didn't even realize this card existed...  Too bad it's impossible to find which is probably why I didn't know about it... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obviously it'd need some customization to make it really work well, this deck is mostly just a skeleton that can be altered to fit people's play style. And Arcque is a godsend with cranium clap around. If this was OCG I'd replace him with better options but this is TCG so he's the best we got.
    The box within the box within the box, kek ; The deck is cool but not very realistic, it is too simple and a good spell heavy charge will end it, you need more defense and a civ balance atleast
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 31.05.17 0:27

Enigmafiend wrote:
    Secret_Wyvern wrote:
    iamjason8 wrote:
    Secret_Wyvern wrote:

Challenge accepted.

~5 minutes later~
    Aqua Hulcus X4
    Aqua Surfer X4
    Bolzard Dragon X4
    Cocco Lupia X4
    Energy Stream X4
    Faerie Life X4
    Magmadragon Jagalzor X4
    Natural Snare X4
    Uberdragon Bajula X4

The box within the box within the box, kek ; The deck is cool but not very realistic, it is too simple and a good spell heavy charge will end it, you need more defense and a civ balance atleast
    Oh look, another box =P
    And as I said, this is just a general template I made in 5 minutes. Obviously it needs a lot of tune up this was just made as an idea of what a bajula deck could look similar too.
    ohdeer
    ohdeer
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by ohdeer 31.05.17 8:28

@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.

Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 31.05.17 15:41

ohdeer wrote:@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.

Thank you. And Yeah I'd change Natural snare for SoulSwap too. Theres a lot of things I'd change honestly, mostly involving running fewer 4 ofs to add in some more useful cards like Emeral, a few chargers, and some lower costed dragons. But eh, I made in five minutes and was just what I thought would be a good base for a Bajula deck. Maybe a Bombazar or two could power up the deck.

But yeah I'm praying now that when dragons return in OCG we get some new bajulas or new bajula support so that I can build a much better Bajula deck in OCG.

I'd also accept Bajula getting unrestricted with open arms.
    Enigmafiend
    Enigmafiend
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Enigmafiend 02.06.17 10:51

Secret_Wyvern wrote:
    ohdeer wrote:@Secret_Wyvern, your deck looks quite good, it's full of usefull TCG staples. The only thing I'd change in this deck's Soulswap instead of Natural Snare and it'll be nice WFN Bajula Beatdown for TCG format plays.

Thank you. And Yeah I'd change Natural snare for SoulSwap too. Theres a lot of things I'd change honestly, mostly involving running fewer 4 ofs to add in some more useful cards like Emeral, a few chargers, and some lower costed dragons. But eh, I made in five minutes and was just what I thought would be a good base for a Bajula deck. Maybe a  Bombazar or two could power up the deck.

But yeah I'm praying now that when dragons return in OCG we get some new bajulas or new bajula support so that I can build a much better Bajula deck in OCG.

I'd also accept Bajula getting unrestricted with open arms.
    We all will accept bajula with open arms
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    They looked in horror as the sky tore open and from hellfire and death descended a beast of utter mayhem and destruction, the hand of death, the master of time. Their fate was sealed for no beast escaped Balesk Baj, The Time Burner
    LordSommerhill
    LordSommerhill
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by LordSommerhill 26.08.17 9:20

Try this deck out. It is the best way to make use of Bajula as far as i know. Sure it lacks water, but it is quite brutal. I wins against rush 9/10 times, despite looking like a slow-start deck, as it can soulswap out Bombazar on turn 4. It also beats control decks, water based decks and other Bombazar decks very consistently, as it very easely summons Bajula way before they can use their 6 mana removal cards. It also usually summons Bombazar faster than regular Bombazar decks.

Uberdragon Bajula: A Review Dd10

This is a TCG deck, despite all the japanese cards you see there. I just like to make the decks as holographic as possible. As you can see i also run a tech Scarlet Skyterror as well. This guy is usually always put in the mana zone, so that i can soulswap him out later against defensive decks. Bombazar is the true finisher of the deck, but Bajula is the reason it can win longer matches against those annoying control decks. Soulswap and Velyrika is what makes the deck consistent, as they make almost every card in the deck accessible at all times. With all the mana accel in the deck, you will often end up with a lot of good cards in your mana zone. But this is actually a very good thing when running 4 Soulswaps. Velyrika searches out Bajulas, Bombazars, Bazagazeal or just another Velyrika. Cocco Lupia makes everyting a lot more playable, and works extremely well with Jagalzor both early game and on that second Bombazar turn.
    The deck also runs 16 shield triggers, which makes it matchup against rush and aggro even better. Once they start giving you those free Fairie Lifes and Dimension Gates, they are quickly burying their own grave, as they set you up for a Bombazar finish.

The deck is really iconic, and is extremely fun to play with, despite essentially being another Bombazar deck. It just is a lot cooler than the other standard Bombazar decks, even though it may not be equally overpowered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 11:13