Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Deck Building & Singles category too cramped

Poll

How should we treat Deck Building & Singles Category

[ 0 ]
    Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_left0%Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_left80%Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_right [80%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_left20%Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_left0%Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 10
    Poll closed
    Qbius
    Qbius

Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Empty Deck Building & Singles category too cramped

Post by Qbius 04.02.17 11:48

This is actually up to one's personal preference.

As it is now, a TCG made-for-fun deck, an OCG tournament-winning deck, and a card discussion about Emeral would all end up in the same subforum. Personally, I think that shouldn't be the case.

What I propose is to divide the category into two, "Deck Building" and "Card Discussion", and maybe even introduce subcategories within Deck Building for OCG and TCG respectively (though that may be pushing it).

The reason why I posted it as a new thread, is because I wanted to know if there are other people that share this sentiment. If I'm the only one, I'll gladly comply with the way things are now.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Empty Re: Deck Building & Singles category too cramped

Post by Admin 04.02.17 12:15

I hear you but the problem what could follow from especially dividing everything into TCG and OCG sections, is that the forum would have a way too many categories. We already have 9. But separated Deck Building and Card Discussion sections is something I originally was thinking about.

It was wise to make a separate topic out of this. Would love to hear others' opinion regarding this. I'll add a poll on this thread to make it easier for everyone to tell their opinion.
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Deck Building & Singles category too cramped Empty Re: Deck Building & Singles category too cramped

Post by Yami_Michael 04.02.17 12:18

Alternate solution, a rule to tag the type of post in the thread name. So [OCG] Dogiragon Buster / [TCG] Bombazar and so on.

Which is already being done by 2/5 of the posts there already.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.02.17 12:23

That tagging is actually a very good idea. I think people will start doing it more if we just add that tag every post that's missing it so far.

Also, I can write and instruction on tagging but it's possible people wouldn't read in it. Maybe it was in the category description on the main page.

EDIT: We can also wait how much content the current combined category receives and make decision based on that. If it gets too mixed we can then separate them into 2.

Post by Guest 04.02.17 12:48

To be honest, I don't expect that single card discussions will be very popular, however it would be nice for them to have their own little place, if someone is interested in the card discussion then he wouldn't have to dig through numerous decks to find place to discuss.

However for TCG/OCG/Hybrid/Whatever I think that imposing a rule of tag before the deck would be enough, you can just make a sticky locked thread at the top of the decks subforum with the information that the tags are required for better user experience and if you decide to employ the [d] tags linking to DMwiki as Qbius was suggesting in another thread it could also be written there.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 04.02.17 13:15

Great points, we might separate the categories next week. It could make it easier to discuss singles in the future and make the forum look more organized.

Adding that custom tag you proposed and instructions how to use it and the play format tags in a sticky is very viable idea. Just have to inspect how to add custom tag coding on the forum template. I'll have time for that next week.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 05.02.17 22:47

I would prefer the idea of dividing the one category into two singles. But i think Malaraz is right, how often will it happened that you discuss a single card? Mostly if i questioned myself about the effects of a single card and the combination with other i end up with ruling questions. So i think there's already a place for those single card discussion. Or is there a difference i miss?
    However it is not a good idea like ELTP said to make too much categories makes navigating for new users less attractive i think, that's what i experienced in DM Global Forum. There where too many categories, and sometime people (like me) get confused.
    I personally don't like the idea of seperating ocg and tcg as i always combined them so many times, but i can't argue that there are so many who focos on tcg one tcg&ocg aspects and it seperation(or tags) can make it easier to navigate

So it's also about a striking title, thats sums up everything without missing anything belonging to it's category. But what would that be?
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 06.02.17 2:00

I prefer having multiple categories, as I personally think single card discussion is very different from deck discussion. If you discuss a card in a deck, it usually means replacing it is questioning its use, what it provides for your build up.

Also having a separate section for singles makes it easier finding those threads which is handy especially for deckbuilders.

I actually would split the subforum card discussion into 3 categories:

- New product discussion/analysis
    - Single card discussion
    - Deck discussion.

I threw new product in there as the announcement threads of those usually have all the analysis/discussion stuff within them which turns the thread unnecessary long and less appealing to people who only want to see the new stuff and don't want to scroll through 10 or 11 pages of discussion before they find the post for them.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 07.02.17 12:58

I wouldn't go as far as adding 3 separate threads, it might be too much. If any of our threads or categories becomes too full with different things, we will act accordingly. But we are definitely going to separate Single Card and Deck Building discussions. Also for now at least, we are going with the tags ([TCG], [OCG], [Hybrid], [DM-17] etc.)

Thanks for everyone's involvement on this matter, it really has helped us becoming more user friendly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 1:10