Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

[TCG] Final Statement

Qbius
    Qbius

[TCG] Final Statement Empty [TCG] Final Statement

Post by Qbius 29.01.17 12:18

Prompted by the lack of content in this category, I decided to post the  best TCG deck I have ever managed to create.

It was about 3 years ago, that I started thinking about the most powerful things in the TCG format. Not necessarily cards, just in general, including stuff like deck building guidelines. I have drawn the following conclusions:
    - Having exactly 40 cards in your deck is very strong.
    - Bombazar, Soulswap and premium discard are all absolutely busted.
    - When having only 40 cards in your deck, one-ofs and civilization unbalance are ok, but you need to be wary of having too many 4x cards.
    - The standard RUB frame is the best one when it comes to control.
    And based on those, this is what I came up with:

Fire: 7
    1x Bazagazeal Dragon
    3x Crimson Hammer
    1x Pyrofighter Magnus
    2x Searing Wave

Water: 15
    3x Aqua Surfer
    2x Corile
    3x Emeral
    4x Energy Stream
    1x Illusionary Merfolk
    1x Submarine Project
    1x Tekorax

Darkness: 12
    4x Cloned Nightmare
    2x Cranium Clamp
    2x Propeller Mutant
    1x Slash Charger
    3x Terror Pit

Nature: 3
    3x Soulswap

Multi: 3
    2x Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny
    1x Miraculous Plague

TOTAL: 40

This is a twist on the standard RUB Control formula. Normally a RUB would wait with attacking his opponent till he busts out something like Bolmeteus, but with this deck, in most cases, you should start attacking right away. Control decks wait with attacking shield since your opponent could theoretically make a comeback. Even after getting his whole hand discarded, or his whole field destroyed, they still have so much time due to the stoic nature of a control deck, that eventually they can recover. Not with this deck, though. After controlling your opponent a bit so that he doesn't pose a threat, you can just kill him outright with Bombazar.

I guess I'll explain some of dubious stuff.

Propeller Mutant - An attacking 2-drop with a powerful effect. Mostly I just needed more attacking creatures. First I've experimented with Spinning Terror, the Wretched, but I soon found out that he wasn't really doing all that much with his effect.

Tekorax - Another attacking creature, this time with an effect that allows us to plan 100% ahead. In a majority of games you drop Bombazar in situations where even in case of 1 or 2 shield triggers you still win the game, but if you get this guy, you are able to drop the bomb as soon as possible, and manage your attacks perfectly.

Pyrofighter Magnus - An overall very solid card. You would never find him in a standard RUB Control list, but in this deck his power is magnified due to how helpful he is when finishing with Bombazar.

Slash Charger - The card I am the least sure about. Sometimes it can mess up your opponent's plan, it propels your mana, but I worry that it might be a bit too slow.

Where's bolmeteus? - Too slow.

Lack of blockers - There aren't any that I think are good enough here. Thrash Crawler comes to mind, but it's a very slow and reactive card. This deck's defense is mostly based around shield triggers with Emeral and removal, and I think that those are enough.

Only 5 nature cards? - You only really need 2 of them, with at least one being Bombazar. This deck has a colossal amount of draw relative to its size, so you need to be really unlucky in order to never draw enough nature. I dropped Crystal Memory from this deck because I was always getting all that I want anyway.

That would be it for now. I'm open to suggestions and I encourage everyone to try it yourself on TCO: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/431656
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

[TCG] Final Statement Empty Re: [TCG] Final Statement

Post by Admin 30.01.17 16:32

Gotta admit, this looks badass! I really like the idea of using Tekorax with Bombazar since it prevents from getting surprised with inconveniently triggered Holy Awes or Truce, as well as from other inconvenient STs.

Crimson Hammer is still a very weird choice in my opinion but you said it was for countering cards like Merlee, the oracle and rush cards. I'd ditch Slash Charger since it doesn't really go along with the strategy of your deck. Using only 1 Illusionary is very abnormal and I'd rather just remove it and Submarine to make space for Aqua Hulcuses.

If I was building a as strong as possible Bombazar deck, I would probably stick with the Bombazar blue. Anyway, this is still no doubt a strong deck.

On a side note, it's funny how people started adding both Soulswap and Bombazar to almost any deck just because it was still strong used that way.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 03.02.17 13:49

looks like a very strong, destructive control deck, i would choose to play more nature cards and i wouldn't rely on Bombazer as many people, even if it was never officially banned in the tcg, don't accept it.

I wonder why you don't playing melnia, replacing maybe one submarine project and a slash charger. You could also think about playing Eureka Charger or Volcana Charger insead of 1x Crimson Hammer, just some cards to to try out =).

But still, like ELTP said looks badass! i personally din't like meta orientated decks but i can't say that they're not effective =)
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : None

Post by Mr-ex777 03.02.17 18:38

Actually TCG is pretty much stale so this could be just about the default winning combination from a long time ago. However Bombazar is not welcome on TCO ever since Robertinho taught people how to play without bombazar and with 40 cards, so watch out.

(Actually it was Robertinho who taught people to play without Bombazar and play with 40 cards since before then TCO has many more than 40 card bolmeteus controls and bombazars none of them which make an healthy environment. Since then we got Hydrooze, 40 card Bolcons and other more reasonable stuff to play with. I don't really play TCG since it's stale for 10 years and boring.)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 03.02.17 18:55

Well, it's just polite not to use Bombazar anywhere. It's universally considered as a banned card since it was on the official watch list anyway. Using 40 card decks is very wise since the odds are better that way. Of course Deck-out decks would benefit of having more than 40 cards just in case your opponent uses a big deck.

The idea behind this build is to build an ultimate TCG deck so that's why he uses Bombazar. I think it's an interesting one but I think the traditional Bombazar Blue is the way to go. That is, if you want go that way.
    Robertinho_TCO
    Robertinho_TCO
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Robertinho_TCO 03.02.17 23:22

Yep, Bombazar is such a disease for this game. Me and some of my friends made our own rules for TCG (all decks must contain 40 cards and Bombazar clearly banned). Like that, TCG is much more fun, and the metagame changed a lot from the original TCG rules. Smile
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 03.02.17 23:29

Romanian meta: Bolmeteus RUB or RYG aggro

[TCG] Final Statement Promo114
    Robertinho_TCO
    Robertinho_TCO
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Robertinho_TCO 03.02.17 23:36

actually we have: RUB Control, RYG Aggro, RYU Wave Strikers, FN Rush. LWD Control is also pretty awesome in 40 cards, works fine but a little weak against rush strategies
    Qbius
    Qbius

Post by Qbius 04.02.17 12:01

Yeah I don't really play on TCO all that much, and if I did, I would probably use something else.

RYU Wave Strikers
    How is water better than nature? Sorry if I'm getting a little bit off-topic but I'm very curious.
    Robertinho_TCO
    Robertinho_TCO
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Robertinho_TCO 04.02.17 13:42

well it seems the deck with the water version had more victories than the nature version deck Smile
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +2

Post by striker EX 05.02.17 2:47

Actually a fire water rush might have a slight edge over fire nature rush especially against the multitude of controls around. It bounces back easily and has better CIP cards. Whereas F/N is rly hard to bounce back against mana burn or corile swaps.
    Robertinho_TCO
    Robertinho_TCO
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Robertinho_TCO 05.02.17 2:55

I see... Well, I am glad you give your opinion on this
    LOGIC
    LOGIC
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by LOGIC 06.02.17 11:48

the advantage of F/N rush is the speed and the number of 1-drops. It is known as the clasic rush of TCG. It can have also some problems with decks that use Yuliana as defense. The F/W rush has no problems with blockers, having the paladin around. It also has a good and diverse draw engine(Hulcus, Lucky Ball, Miracle Quest), where the F/N draw engine is ensured only by Brutal Charge(Cavern is not a good option, slowing the deck). Both decks are having their advantages, but in a clash between them I would prefer the F/W version Razz.
    striker EX
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +2

Post by striker EX 07.02.17 7:19

Agreed. Given that it is near impossible to pull off a turn 4-5 kill on things like RUB, hydro hurricane etc, sustain and recovery engine is much needed for rush to thrive imo. And water has amazing ability to achieve both (by snowballing hand size or by top decking a lucky ball for example).
    diffindo
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +1

Post by diffindo 07.02.17 16:47

-4 Cloned Nightmare
    -1 Slash Charger

+1 Cranium Clamp
    +4 Locomotiver

Cloned Nightmare doesn't give you a +1 until you play the second copy. It also clashes with your 3-drops. Clamp and Locomotiver are better.

-1 Submarine Project
    -1 Plague
    -1 Stream
    +3 Hulcus

If you don't need Crystal Memory since it's a 40-card deck, why would you run Submarine Project? It's essentially a weaker Memory.

If you intend to play aggressively, Hulcus is pretty much a must-add for your deck. 2k body which can swing + it replaces itself with another card.

Plague isn't useful here. If anything, a copy of Lost Soul will give you better mileage in case the game drags and you don't draw into Bombazar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 22:06