Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

[TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro)

iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

[TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro) Empty [TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro)

Post by iamjason8 16.02.18 23:15

As I posted in my first post, I wanted to get into DM content creation, specifically for the TCG. I got back into the game with a small circle of friends and naturally we've developed our own meta. In our 'local meta', many cards from DM-10 onwards are in severe shortage and control decks have risen to the top.  

Philosophy
    The way we build our decks is a compromise of the cards we have available and how good a deck would be irrespective of 'meta' (i.e. built to be as consistent as possible while able to cope with varying strategies). Thus, while some decks are inherently better than others, they're all fairly competitive with each other which I think makes it more fun since anyone can pick up a deck and play.

About the Deck
    Around a decade ago my good friend Andrew piloted a Mono Nature Beast Folk rush deck and when he attended a large tournament, people started calling him 'Beast Folk Mafia'.  He was a prolific player during the early days but we soon found the deck couldn't contend with Control.  To remedy this, we added cards to strengthen the late-game and Water to add draw make it more sustainable (because if you want to make a deck better you throw in water).  This resulted in an extremely fun, fluid and balanced deck - a worthy successor to Andrew's nostalgic relic.

Light 11
    2 Craze Valkyrie, the Drastic
    3 Magris, Vizier of Magnetism
    3 Holy Awe
    3 Kolon, the Oracle

Water 14
    3 Aqua Hulcus
    4 Brain Serum
    2 Emeral
    2 Thrash Crawler
    3 Aqua Surfer

Nature 15
    2 Fighter Dual Fang
    3 Bronze-Arm Tribe
    3 Quixotic Hero, Swine Snout
    4 Natural Snare
    3 Mana Nexus

Multi 5
    3 Skysword, the Savage Vizier
    2 Sanfist, the Savage Vizier

Total: 45 - 20 of which are Shield Trigger!

Other Options:
    Barkwhip, the Smasher is a very strong addition as it is a more cost efficient pseudo-Speed Attacker.  You may also be evolve it onto Quixotic on turn 3 which means your opponent basically has no answer to it until turn 5 unless you break into a shield trigger.

Tajimal, Vizier of Aqua is another strong card that'd fit well in the deck and improves your match-up against Control.  It can also evolve into Craze Valkyrie.  I would also throw in another copy of Sanfist if I could but don't have extras.

Flood Valve could replace Thrash Crawler if you want to shift from a balanced approach to a more aggressive one.  It is more mana-efficient too and easier to obtain.  For a more balanced approach you could consider Sarius to up the blocker count and add as fodder for Craze Valkyrie but I prefer this version.

Energy Stream over Brain Serum could also be an obvious change.

Crystal Lancer and the Merfolk engine were considered but were ultimately scrapped due to inconsistency.

Jynkkymasiina69
    Jynkkymasiina69
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

[TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro) Empty Re: [TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro)

Post by Jynkkymasiina69 17.02.18 6:50

I rarely see someone else besides me building a deck without unsportsmanlike cards. Others will probably tell you to add Mist Rias, Corile and Soulswap. I say f*ck those people.

You just should replace Brain Serum with stream. Replace something like 1x Natural Snare with Magris and you got enough preparation for T4.
    diffindo
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +1

[TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro) Empty Re: [TCG] Deck Profile - Neo Beast Folk Mafia (N/L/W Aggro)

Post by diffindo 17.02.18 7:51

Petrova will help against control. Also, floaters (hulcus, magris) are more important in this type of deck so you might want to max them instead of running brain serum/stream.

Mana curve also seems a bit clunky.

You might want to take a look at @Promised.'s LWN aggro post for some ideas.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 17.02.18 12:45

Usually I'd prefer Crystal Lancer over Fighter Dual Fang but this case I'm not certain. Certainly you could max out Hulcuses and throw in some Aqua Guards and maybe even one Paladin but I'm not certain if it would be worth it. Maybe.

With so many shield triggers and Skysword, this deck clearly is going to do well against Aggro/Tempo decks.

All in all, this deck is pretty balanced.
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 17.02.18 18:44

Appreciate the comments. No extra Energy Streams for the time being but will keep it in mind.
    LOGIC
    LOGIC
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by LOGIC 17.02.18 22:29

The deck surely makes very good machups against rush/aggro decks! 20 trigers are the nightmare of any rush deck(though as the guys said, you don't need realy need Serum, just maximize the Magris and Hulcus and then you could add 2 Streams). The weak point of the deck are controls. You'll have a hard life vs a RUB control, since a Blizard cand put you on sleep. Try to side Petrova or Pala. They'll help you a lot in this situations. Also, you can maximize Sanfist(in specialy against controls) and also you could try Splash Zebrafish over Thrash since you are playing aggro.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 13:51