Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Mursukorva
    Mursukorva
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by Mursukorva 15.02.17 22:02

Hey, I am Julius, a 17-year older from Lahti in Finland.

I really joined this forum because DM was something I really loved as a child, and I still miss it.
    To be honest I don't even know how to play the game properly and can't say that I will be super active here, but this seemed like a cool place to join and reminesce on the glory days of DM.
    I still have my huge collection saved so I might, just might try to learn how to play again Smile

Nice to meet you all.
    -Julius a.k.a Mursukorva
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by Admin 16.02.17 20:35

Hi @Mursukorva, welcome to DM Reborn!

The basic rules (HERE in Finnish) of this game are pretty simple and if you concentrate on the English format, it's not that hard to get a grip on how to build decent decks. In Finland, we have a very nice DM community and you are welcome to join us.

DM Reborn is for all DM fans, so hopefully this place will be fruitful for you, even if you weren't that active. This is the place to keep up to date regarding Duel Masters.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 24.02.17 10:29

Hey @Mursukorva ! Cool that you're rejpining Duel Mastersand trying to learn the basic rules again.
    You possibily could meet the other finnish dm players. Like eltp mentioned They have one of the 'biggest' (well regarding the circumstances) active DM community that i know.
    Or if you like and feel comfortable with it i also could also explain you the rules via Skype. Learning by doing Wink.Here's a link to a thread where you leave your skype name or just mention that you available for dueling over skype. http://www.duelmasters.org/t75-skype-list-for-irl-videochat-dueling You can pm me if you want to. And welcome to DM Reborn!
    kubu
    kubu
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Feedback Points : +9

Post by kubu 26.02.17 4:55

Hey, I'm from Poland, age 22 =)

I have come back to collecting TCG 1-12 sets one year ago (exactly March 2016). I'm not much into playing, however i'm building some decks and sometimes i play with my friend. Sooner or later i am going to interest in OCG JP decks and even i have thought about collecting all sets JP (but then probably my girlfriend would kill me).

One year ago i wanted to sell all my DM cards (maybe 30 foils and 400 nonfoils) but just before listing the auctions, nostalgia have won. Right now DM is part of my life, i even feel addicted to it xD

I'm also into Rubik's Cubse, Anime and Masochist Games (mainly 2D Platformers).
    angelfan
    angelfan
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by angelfan 26.02.17 18:34

Hey, I'm from Singapore, but currently residing in the UK! I started out playing DM back in 2005, and recently returned to it for the nostalgia. Aiming to add to my collection; its also great to find like-minded people who share this passion for DM even after so many years! Might try to learn the OCG rules, although my heart is still in the TCG Very Happy
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 26.02.17 19:00

Welcome everyone! It is good to see you guys here and there are some names I do not recognize from the past. It is always nice to see some fresh faces and I hope you'll have a great time here! Very Happy

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 26.02.17 21:48

Welcome to DM Reborn, @kubu and @angelfan!

Great to have you here. With kubu I already have exchanged messages and I can hope you getting cards you need. I recommend not to start collecting OCG cards, at least not every set. It would be very expensive especially for a person who doesn't live in a Japan. Game-wise however, I would go all in to OCG! It has it's flaws and the meta is sometimes very fast. It's best played with either online or local friends.

OCG doesn't differ that much from TCG, you just have to study lots of cards and it's best done with helpful people in the community. I recommend using DM Wiki to go through cards starting from the latest sets. That way it's easier to start playing with the freshest deck ideas. Trade Cards Online's card search can be used to search card more specifically. It's a shame the search engine of CCGDB hasn't been updated after DM-36. It was the best.

To get most of Duel Masters, it's advised to play both TCG and OCG. It keeps things interesting.
    RADEON360
    RADEON360
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by RADEON360 27.02.17 16:04

Hi, I'm from India and I used to play Duel Masters casually. Now I really miss being able to play the game and I found this forum on one of the Facebook groups. I don't really follow the OCG rules nor am I really interested in learning because it looks really complicated. I'm just looking to play for fun on OCTGN so feel free to add me. I'm radeon360 in OCTGN too.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 27.02.17 18:05

Welocome to DM Reborn @RADEON360,

We are very pleased to have you here. I recommend giving OCG a shot, it seems more complicated than it actually is. If you like TCG, you'll love OCG. It's more of the same but still different. Many duelists are TCG-only but personally I couldn't do that: Just like I couldn't just play OCG.
    SwampRotTCG
    SwampRotTCG
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by SwampRotTCG 28.02.17 16:31

What's up everyone? I am SwampRotTCG, I have been a player of Duel Masters since the game came out in my country of Canada. I've collected a decent number of the McDonald's Promo Cards and the TCG cards, but I still collect OCG cards (and trust me, I really wish there was somewhere to buy OCG singles.) I speak both English and French. (Qu'est-ce il a y, mon amis Française?) I'm trying to get back into the metagame as I'm still stuck in the 2008 - 2010 Duel Masters OCG meta so anyone who plays metagame, please do educate me more on the metagame! I've also kinda been looking for any DM Discords and started my own, but I've been informed there is a DM Discord for this forum so anyone who could share that, thank you very much.

Anyways, I hope I can make some awesome friends here! Maybe post my YouTube channel where I upload DM videos every now and then. Other than that, stay sick everyone!
    Mr-ex777
    Mr-ex777
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Mr-ex777 28.02.17 17:06

SwampRotTCG wrote:What's up everyone? I am SwampRotTCG, I have been a player of Duel Masters since the game came out in my country of Canada. I've collected a decent number of the McDonald's Promo Cards and the TCG cards, but I still collect OCG cards (and trust me, I really wish there was somewhere to buy OCG singles.) I speak both English and French. (Qu'est-ce il a y, mon amis Française?) I'm trying to get back into the metagame as I'm still stuck in the 2008 - 2010 Duel Masters OCG meta so anyone who plays metagame, please do educate me more on the metagame! I've also kinda been looking for any DM Discords and started my own, but I've been informed there is a DM Discord for this forum so anyone who could share that, thank you very much.

Anyways, I hope I can make some awesome friends here! Maybe post my YouTube channel where I upload DM videos every now and then. Other than that, stay sick everyone!

Actually the OCG metagame has changed a lot that it's almost impossible to comprehend without some work. I hope you take your time and learn the meta because it's worth it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 28.02.17 17:43

Welcome to DM Reborn @SwampRotTCG!

You are one of the first Canadians we have on our forum. I know the feeling of falling behind. I had not been actively playing DM for over 2 years, before the release of this forum. I have been blessed with an active Finnish DM community, which also has active OCG players in it and this community's kept me informed of the most relevant new cards. Quite recently I started digging through the latest sets since there's not really a way around it: You have to know the cards in order to make innovative and working decks. Or if you want to make great decks at all. Reading through other people's deck lists and strategy tips in general is a good way of getting back to OCG after a break. I also recommend going through DM Wiki's Deck Collection and Metagame pages. They have lots of interesting information. I'd definitely be interested in seeing your Youtube videos, we don't have too many DM Youtubers left. I'm almost certain you'll find either local of international friends with the help of our forum.

HERE you can find our Discord server, feel free to join there.
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 01.03.17 19:06

Welcome! Very Happy

We have a couple of traders/sellers here who can get all kinds of OCG related stuff (all the way from boosters or singles to DM sleeves and other kinds of merchandise).

Right now it's actually a very good time to jump into OCG and learn it, as some old rulings of the game will be updated and a brand new booster series will be coming out so basically we'll have a new meta for the most part, especially after a couple of sets of the new series have dropped so if you are interested in OCG, keep watching the news. Smile
    Yami_Michael
    Yami_Michael

Post by Yami_Michael 02.03.17 4:41

ELTP already beat me to the Metagame page (Revolution Final being an important page as well as learning Revolution Change), so I'll just watch the "DMRP-01" as well as "DMSD-01" and "DMSD-02" pages, as well as knowing how colorless works, as it will be important for Jokers.

SAREPTA
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by SAREPTA 02.03.17 11:45

Hi!
    Formalities: Dick animal located in Sweden, lactose intolerant since birth.

I started playing once i got a free booster pack in the mail box many earth spins ago.

Nice to meet u!
    cheers cyclops

Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 02.03.17 13:34

SAREPTA wrote:Hi! Dick animal located in Sweden

Raven, is it you?

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 3 Promo114
    SAREPTA
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by SAREPTA 02.03.17 13:47

Zach Hartigan wrote:
    SAREPTA wrote:Hi! Dick animal located in Sweden

Raven, is it you?

The Raven is to cliché for my taste, i prefer the Conqueror Worm but Eldorado is sweet too.
    Nice to meet you.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 05.03.17 1:03

Welcome to DM Reborn, @SAREPTA!

Glad to see that you finally decided to register here and unite with other duelists! Maybe we'll meet in a real life duel event either in Sweden or Finland, one day.

Välkommen och ha det bra här!
    SAREPTA
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by SAREPTA 05.03.17 1:05

ELTP wrote:Welcome to DM Reborn, @SAREPTA!

Glad to see that you finally decided to register here and unite with other duelists! Maybe we'll meet in a real life duel event either in Sweden or Finland, one day.

Välkommen och ha det bra här!

Det hoppas jag, tack så mycket!
    Gast

Post by Gast 06.03.17 15:03

So yeah, now it's time for me to introduce myself to this apparently upcoming big DM community! Smile

I'm from Germany too and some of you will know me already from TCO, ebay or carousell.
    My first contact with DM was directly in the beginning of this TCG and I started collect and play as much as possible. But as fast as DM rose up, it breaks down again. I suddenly stopped collecting and playing after about three years - I guess it was around DM11. A few years ago I found my old collection in my closet, wiped off that thick dust and started again to play and collect - well more collect, because I'm unfortunately the last one in my hometown and in that area Very Happy
    I participated in many tournaments that time and can now call a huge collection and many decks my own. I'm always up to new deckideas, creating new ones, smash old decks down, collect and trade new cards and tinker on new ones.

So well, so much to me. Smile

If you need anything, feel free to hit me up. A trade is always welcome.

Cheers, thanks for reading and yeah, have a nice day! Smile

loui-mh
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 06.03.17 15:45

Welcome aboard loui-mh!

Ill send you PM, check it out! Cool

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 3 Promo114
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 06.03.17 16:45

Hello @loui-mh and welcome to DM Reborn!

Nice to see another German duelist here! If you haven't already, you should contact @OcaVan since he has organized a few events already in which even I was able to participate although I'm not German. I think I have bought some cards from you on eBay a few years ago. If you have Burger King promos in any language, Stampeding Longhorn promo or Aqua Hulcus promo, don't hesitate to message me.
    Gast

Post by Gast 06.03.17 18:34

Hi @ELTP and thanks for the friendly reception!

Yeah, it could be, but I don't remember really I guess Very Happy
    What was your name on ebay?
    And yeah thanks, will message him!
    Actually I don't have those cards to spare since I already use them or they are part of my collection.

Cheers
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Post by KazeBlack 06.03.17 21:09

loui-mh wrote:
    What was your name on ebay?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! You better ask ELTP that question in a private message. Smile Don't share any important data here guys, avoid unnecessary risks please. Keep in mind everyone can see the threads posted here, including all non-registered guests. Not everyone, especially random people passing by, will treat your information the way it should be and if you share it in public and get into trouble you cannot blame it on us.

At this rate, we highly recommend you to contact one of our staff members if you decide to trade and get scammed or recognize scammy behavior of one of our users. We want to keep this place clean and we'll only be able to if you actively help and keep your data secure as well as report all those douchebags who think they can get away with evil business.

Just wanted to point that out now that we're quite a bunch of people here so trades are more likely to happen.

Thank you! Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 07.03.17 13:18

KazeBlack wrote:
    Welcome to the forum! You better ask ELTP that question in a private message. Smile Don't share any important data here guys, avoid unnecessary risks please. Keep in mind everyone can see the threads posted here, including all non-registered guests. Not everyone, especially random people passing by, will treat your information the way it should be and if you share it in public and get into trouble you cannot blame it on us.

At this rate, we highly recommend you to contact one of our staff members if you decide to trade and get scammed or recognize scammy behavior of one of our users. We want to keep this place clean and we'll only be able to if you actively help and keep your data secure as well as report all those douchebags who think they can get away with evil business.

Just wanted to point that out now that we're quite a bunch of people here so trades are more likely to happen.
    Great point, KB! This is a public board after all, so one should be a bit cautious with their private information. It's nice to see our members have started to leave feedback for their respective trading partners and thus far at least it has been all positive.

If you notice anything suspicious, whether it's minor or major, please report that to us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 2:47