Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Feedback Points : +12

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by Halfar 04.04.18 9:20

AleksVin wrote:Hello everyone,

My name is Aleks.

I'm 21 and living in Germany.

I recently found my old Duel Masters cards again, but don't have anyone to play with.

Someone recommended this site to me, so I thought to myself, why not sign up and try to meet people living close to me.

So what is the best way finding people that are living near me?

Btw. I'm not really used to forums and sorry if my english is a little bit awkward.

Welcome in our DM community Aleks Smile
    Im from Germany too and glad that we now have another german DM player cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by Admin 04.04.18 13:26

Hi and welcome @Desrtthunderraiga and @AleksVin!

So you both are returning players then? At least a Germany has a relatively healthy community. I know since I have been in close contact with them and even visited their events.

I'm happy to see DM community growing bigger everyday!
    DuelGama
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Post by DuelGama 11.04.18 22:24

hi i have loved duel masters since i was a kid never played in events but i still play the gba games.
    if possible i would like to find people to play with who live in nyc area in the usa.
    thanks in advance and it is great to be here.
    Porost
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +1

Post by Porost 22.04.18 13:12

Hello everyone, I am new on forum and like most people looking for someone to play with. For now living in England , is there someone from Lincolnshire?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 22.04.18 14:19

Hi and welcome to DM Reborn! I hope you will find someone in your area. I recommend checking this thread: http://www.duelmasters.org/t6-locations-of-fellow-duelists
    Porost
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +1

Post by Porost 22.04.18 16:52

Thanks for that, you can add me to the list. I am from Poland - Szczecin but for now living in Boston - England, so i am available in both locations.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 24.04.18 19:35

Porost wrote:Thanks for that, you can add me to the list. I am from Poland - Szczecin but  for now living in Boston - England, so i am available in both locations.
    I added you on the list!
    DutchDuelMaster
    DutchDuelMaster
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty DDM Greetings from sunny *hah* Netherlands

Post by DutchDuelMaster 23.05.18 19:21

Greetings and Salutations,

Have been snooping around the board anonymously for awhile and decided to see if there are any Dutch Duel Masters or that I'm the only one left. When Duel Masters was still a thing in the Netherlands I was able to climb up the national ranking and do quite well for myself in tournaments. Currently pondering if I should keep my collection in a box, tucked away as it has been for some years (waiting for my kid to grow up and possibly enjoy it) or to sell it off to go towards his college funds Laughing , anyways cheers for keeping the DM spirit alive. Even after Wotc abandoned it all those years ago.

(edit: just added my favorite card as my avatar, back in the day during trades to sweeten the deal I would ask or Fire Sweeper Burning Hellions to be included. I used to have about 300 of them, unfortunately they were lost during a move.)
    anthonyj@gwu.edu
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty Anthony's Introduction

Post by anthonyj@gwu.edu 05.06.18 15:38

Hi Everyone!

I'm from Washington, D.C. in the U.S. I used to play all the anime-based card games (Pokemon, Yugioh, Duel Masters), and stopped when I went to college. I recently graduated, and was cleaning out my old room when I found the remnants of my collection, and since I got rid of most of my DM cards long ago, I made an account to try to sell these last few since they appear to be pretty rare according to the card values thread.

Feel free to reach out to me or check out the official selling post here: https://dmreborn.forumieren.com/t301-selling-the-last-13-holographic-cards-of-my-collection#2399
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 05.06.18 19:21

Hi Anthony! You have got pretty nice cards for sale there. I wish you will find a new owner for them.
    Yggdrasil
    Yggdrasil
    Apprentice
    Apprentice

Post by Yggdrasil 26.06.18 2:06

Greetings everyone!

I'm Yggdrasil, an fellow DM enthusiast from Argentina, and i got introduced to this card game kind of by accident -my parents confused yugioh cards with the duel masters one- when i was only 6 years old.

Even though i knew about this game for a pretty long time already; i didn't play it until pretty recently, now me and my friends got hooked to it.

It's really nice to see that this community hasn't died out completly.
    wibe1n
    wibe1n
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by wibe1n 27.06.18 20:03

Hello!

I got recently into DM again and finally got around to find myself here. I used to play a lot online, back then I went by name wibe94 or something like that. There are perhaps few familiar faces here too?

But I should introduce myself properly anyway! Very Happy I'm from Finland. My favorite deck back in the day was Romanov-Alexander Aggro. Like I said I played a lot TCG and OCG but then took a break from it I guess, and played other games. I'm a huge RPG fan in general, my other favorites include Warhammer, SoulsBorne and Persona. I also like tabletop games a lot (game nights with friends are the best).

Also, really glad that DM is still alive. I hope to get in touch with the Finnish community soon to see what's happening, what's going on.
    exxtrooper
    exxtrooper
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by exxtrooper 24.08.18 19:19

Hi everybody!

I'm a Norwegian nerd, my biggest hobby is lego but over the years I joined in on all the trending collectibles the cool kids had like Beyblades, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon cards and of course Duel Masters cards!

I hadnt touched my collection in the longest time but at uni I became friends with two people who also had an old collection and we started playing among us three over the years.

It was my favorite TCG by far, cant really tell why but i like it way more than anything ive tried, and i did try to get into Pokemon TCG but I had way too many issues in regards to how that tcg plays.

Really looking forward to discussing decks thats the big reason I'm here. I'd quite like to find out if theres hope for the decks ive made at home among friends from a competitive standpoint.
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 25.08.18 13:38

Welcome!!

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Promo114
    ElBenno
    ElBenno
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by ElBenno 28.08.18 2:21

Hey guys, I'm a long time fan of DM from Mexico. I started playing magic the gathering when I was about 12 and it became my passion for about two years. I even played competitively at tournaments. However at 14 I felt out of love with magic and that's when DM came out and I really enjoyed the simplicity and mechanics, as well as the art. Sadly it never took off in Mexico and only DM-01 and DM-02 came out here. I didn't know anyone else who played so I stopped all together. I still managed to small collection of those sets as well as the comics. I always regretted not being able to play it as much as I wanted and looked from time to time with nostalgia at my cards. I've started playing a bit in TCO and it's fueled my love for the game enough so that I might try to start collecting it again, even tough it seems daunting after seeing some of the prices at ebay. So, if anyone is up for some dueling on TCO, hit me up!
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 29.08.18 14:52

Welcome @ElBenno.

DM01 and DM02 were a great time in history of DM.
    I remember my FW Aggro with Lancer and Valdios <3
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 29.08.18 15:47

Welcome!!

We have original human hero Valdios here in Finland at Joensuu city!

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Promo114
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 01.09.18 15:44

Zach Hartigan wrote:Welcome!!

We have original human hero Valdios here in Finland at Joensuu city!

Nice! Please more informations Smile) !
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 18.09.18 18:33

Welcome @Yggdrasil, @wibe1n and @ElBenno,

There are lots of deck topics here so you should not have hard time getting and sharing some inspiration here.

Wibe already got in touch with the Finnish community again and I am certain we are going to have a blast in a couple of weeks in our weekend meeting Cool
    Steelix
    Steelix
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +2

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty Steelix is here^^

Post by Steelix 03.11.18 23:31

Hello everyone!

Halfar just invited me to join this board Very Happy
    (Sorry for the following basic english skills btw)

My Name is Yannick and I´m a 23 year old player and collector from Germany. I collected these cards from DM-01 to ~ DM-03 as a young kid. Now some of my mates restarted to play and collect these cards so it was a good opportunity to do the same Very Happy
    Even if I didn´t play or collect for so many years I never lost my fascination about these cards and their artworks.
    As a YuGiOh OCG dealer I also get in contact to DM cards very often. Now I finaly have a better reason to buy some more
    of these cards for me and some friends Very Happy

I´m looking forward to a good time!
    Alexian%
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 7 Empty Hello, I’m new here

Post by Alexian% 15.11.18 19:46

My name is Alex, I’m 15, and I’m from America. I picked up kaijudo a few years ago because I found cheap ways of getting it as it died around 2014. I looked further into the game’s origins and realized that it’s parent game Duel Masters is still relevant in Japan. I’m looking to learn more about the OCG meta game and how the game has evolved over time and I was also curious about what the western audience that’s left looks like.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 19.12.18 13:33

Hi there Yannick and Alex and welcome to our little community!

The Western audience for DM is bigger than one would think at first. In fact, in Finland TCG (the English format) is the main format being played and collected although we are getting more and more OCG players all the time. TCG is easy to get back to or even start as a new player since the game is very stable. Then, if you feel like it, it is easy to start either playing the extended formats, like DM-13 and DM-17 with translated proxies, or if you can afford it, with the original Japanese cards. I would recommend testing the game with proxies first, though. Ultimately, one can consider playing OCG especially since it is far cheaper than TCG is, even if you have to import the cards from Japan.
    TJ
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by TJ 14.01.19 17:39

Hey, everyone!

I'm a 21 year old guy who lives in Romania. This game brought me a lot of fun in my childhood. Sadly here in Romania the game loose interest pretty fast after the cartoon stopped airing, in a way that you could not buy cards from shops anymore and this made the game a little boring so I stopped to play it for a few years. Now i want to buy some cards (genuine cards Very Happy) and collect maybe start to play again with my friends.

I'm really happy that there is a community were we can talk and share our experiences with this game.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 21.01.19 6:04

Hi TJ and welcome aboard! I know a Romanian collector who could help you in getting genuine DM cards. I think he goes by the name @TrixVinctus here. Getting genuine cards in Romania is not that easy.
    Tadei
    Tadei
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Tadei 14.02.19 21:30

This is pretty much what I've posted on the DMR Discord

Hello everyone! I'm very much interested in learning about and playing DM. I've played the game when I was in primary school (that was somewhere around 2009-2012). The game was fairly popular in our school. We didn't play it very competitively. Yesterday all of sudden a wave of nostalgia struck me. I'm not sure what happened but I started wondering about this game. I was very curious whether people still play it. Turns out they do Very Happy .
    I'm looking for someone who could help me get back into dueling. I already know there are ways to play the game online. Rn I'm interested just in the tcg.

Btw I'm from Poland, if any of you know of active Polish community please let me know Smile . I would love to play the real deal as I still own a humble collection (ofc it needs augmentation haha).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 5:46