Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Coriler
    Coriler
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : +2

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by Coriler 07.10.17 14:07

i am the one OcaVan dueled against witht he ooe deck, however the end game boards where like with typical controls, bolly/bluum and deklowas/exorious. I am perfecting OOE rules now and can say that bolmeteus and lost soul should be banned, because of fewer answers/lack of draw to recover from.

i have dueled often in OOE mirror matches and most of the time a crystal memory/forbos or something will search lost soul and thats it...

also bolly steals excitement and its ability to ignore game mechanics that balance the game state out is especially unfair in that format.

if anyone wants to duel, i am always up for a OOE game on octgn.
    nettlejam
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : None

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by nettlejam 15.11.17 14:49

Hi there! I'm a 22 y/o guy from Italy, and you can call me Jo

I haven't played DM in years, and I used to play a bit when I was a kid, lately abandoning it cause no internet and no other players around :3

I am basically starting all over again, hope you'll have patience with me as I learn!
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Post by loui-mh 15.11.17 15:08

Hm well, it seems there is no chance in soccer for Italy for the World Cup 2018, so I guess let's try your luck with DM.
    Hehe naaa, just kidding Very Happy Hello Jo and welcome to REBORN. Smile

Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 15.11.17 15:42

I see what you did there Loui Laughing

Welcome aboard nettlejam!

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Promo114
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 21.11.17 10:12

nettlejam wrote:Hi there! I'm a 22 y/o guy from Italy, and you can call me Jo

I haven't played DM in years, and I used to play a bit when I was a kid, lately abandoning it cause no internet and no other players around :3

I am basically starting all over again, hope you'll have patience with me as I learn!

I remember we had another italian DM Player, you could get in touch with 'Zarknarot'.
    And loui is just kidding Wink
    boticelli
    boticelli
    Initiate
    Initiate

Feedback Points : +1

Post by boticelli 30.11.17 17:25

Hello everyone,

I'm a hungarian old DM gamer and collector, loved this game when I was a child. I'm glad that I found this community, hope that we can trade some cards. Smile

Feel free to contact me privately.
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 01.12.17 18:23

Welcome boticelli!!

Create your own trading thread with haves and wants Smile

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Promo114
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 19.01.18 12:45

Welcome, everyone! Thanks for introducing yourselves and joining the DM online community!
    Promised.
    Promised.
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +10

Post by Promised. 22.01.18 7:57

Hi, I am Promised. from Singapore. I am always up for a duel, dm me if you'd like to duel on tco sometime!
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 22.01.18 16:28

Hello everyone,

i'm Halfar from Germany. I love Duel Masters & dueling a lot with a good Friend and my Girlfriend.
    Our Favorite Decks are Wise Starnoid, Cruel Naga and Marinomancer Control.

btw: What means RUB / GRUB ? Laughing
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Post by OcaVan 22.01.18 17:07

Hey Halfar! It's great to have you here! I'm also from Germany! If you don't mind i would like to contact you with a PM Wink.
    RUB means = Red blUe Black if i remember correctly, G means green in that case. I also wondered why this abbreviation is used, but i guess it's just a regular term in TCG.
    Secret_Wyvern
    Secret_Wyvern
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by Secret_Wyvern 22.01.18 17:37

OcaVan wrote:Hey Halfar! It's great to have you here! I'm also from Germany! If you don't mind i would like to contact you with a PM Wink.
    RUB means = Red blue Black if i remember correctly, G means green in that case. I also wondered why this abbreviation is used, but i guess it's just a regular term in TCG.

It's based off of now outdated Magic: The Gathering Multicolor Terms.
    U is used for Blue because "Blue we represent with the letter U. Oh, real quickly. Why do we do that? I’ve talked about this in my column, but for those that haven’t heard me say it, when first Richard(The Creator of Magic: The Gathering) made the cards, the problem was that black and blue both start with B. So why not go to L then? Well, land...card colors are used to signify the border, the kind of card it’s on. And so land has its own border. So L is for land. Well, why not go to A for black? Well, A is artifact. And so U was the first we could get to in either of them, so we ended up going with U." - Mark Rosewater

These terms are now outdated because new offical terms have since been released by Wizards.
    For those who don't know these terms here they are:

2 colored
    Allied Colors: Azorius (White Blue), Dimir (Blue Black), Rakdos (Black Red), Gruul (Red Green), Selesnya (Green White)
    Enemy Colors: Orzhov (White Black), Izzet (Blue Red), Golgari (Green Black), Boros (Red White), Simic (Blue Green)

3 colored
    3 Allied Colors: Bant (White Green Blue), Esper (Blue White Black), Grixis (Black Red Blue), Jund (Red Green Black), Naya (Green White Red)

2 Allies+Mutual Enemy Colors: Abzan (White Green Black), Jeskai (Blue White Red), Sultai (Black Blue Green), Mardu (Red Black White), Temur (Green Red Blue)

4 Colored does not have any terms to describe them yet that I know of.
    5 Colored is called WUBRG (pronounced Whoo-Burg, again based off the mtg color wheel)
    GengarJ
    GengarJ
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty GengarJ's Introduction

Post by GengarJ 28.02.18 7:08

Greetings, all!

I first encountered Duel Masters in the checkout line @ Walmart in the summer of 2004...I bought a 2 player starter pack and fell in love. How deeply I would fall, I could not have fathomed. I grew up in Utah and the game never really seemed to pick up an audience there. The only ones I ever played with were my cousin, and a buddy from church. That number has now grown..by 1. I have another friend obsessed with the game.

I currently live in Rexburg, Idaho, and my friend and I play often! We just adapted the MTG Commander rules to DM and we intend to test them out in the coming weeks. If anyone sees this and lives in the vicinity...hit me up and let's duel!

I think Duel Masters is the best card game ever, and I'd gladly trade any other to bring it back to the States. I'm excited to be here and see that there are so many players elsewhere in the world! You can find me on Reddit, also under GengarJ. Glad to be here, fam.
    Halfar
    Halfar
    Invincible Charge
    Invincible Charge

Post by Halfar 01.03.18 9:40

GengarJ wrote:Greetings, all!

I first encountered Duel Masters in the checkout line @ Walmart in the summer of 2004...I bought a 2 player starter pack and fell in love. How deeply I would fall, I could not have fathomed. I grew up in Utah and the game never really seemed to pick up an audience there. The only ones I ever played with were my cousin, and a buddy from church. That number has now grown..by 1. I have another friend obsessed with the game.

I currently live in Rexburg, Idaho, and my friend and I play often! We just adapted the MTG Commander rules to DM and we intend to test them out in the coming weeks. If anyone sees this and lives in the vicinity...hit me up and let's duel!

I think Duel Masters is the best card game ever, and I'd gladly trade any other to bring it back to the States. I'm excited to be here and see that there are so many players elsewhere in the world! You can find me on Reddit, also under GengarJ. Glad to be here, fam.

Hey welcome to our little family cheers

You are for sure another DM Lover ! afro

btw: Why "never Horrid worm"? lol!
    mercurio
    mercurio
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty Mercurio, the begin of a great travel !!!

Post by mercurio 10.03.18 18:35

Hi everybody !!!

I'm so thrilled to discover thi forum *-* , i'm a self-proclamated great duelmasters fan since the begin in belgium , even the game was stopped in my country i dont stopped to search about this game, making deck, search about video of duel , manga , cartoons, about japan info of the game etc.

I never managed to limit myself in a particular style of deck, but if I had to choose right now I would opt for rush type decks .

Sorry for my english, I would try as much as I can to write comprehensible sentences, do not hesitate to give me constructive remarks if you see that I am moving away from the right path of spell and gramatical Very Happy

If you have question about me, dont hesitate to ask me with PM and...

... Kettouda the duel begin !!! Very Happy
    Deadfalt
    Deadfalt
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty Hi Everyone !

Post by Deadfalt 10.03.18 19:59

Hi, I'm 18 year old and since I was a child i owned Duel Masters cards. I never knew how to play them nor did i watch the anime. Recently I watched a video on youtube about Duel Masters and why it died in the west. I discovered this forum thanks to this video and though I'd get to learn more about this card game and maybe start collecting the new cards that are released in japan.

Have a good day.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 12.03.18 16:49

Hi @GengarJ, @mercurio and @Deadfalt and welcome to DM Reborn!

It's weird how few players from USA have found their way here. I'm glad that you do still exist and it's always nice to get more members from what used to be the Mecca of Duel Masters.

You might be our first Belgian member, @mercurio. You are doing very good job with your English! When I first started writing on the DM forum, my English was terrible. Do you know other active duelists in Belgium?

It was only about a time before people started to make videos about Duel Masters and how it died in the west. I watched the same video and you could say it went viral in the DM community. I hope many other will find their way here watching that video.

We are far from dead!
    mercurio
    mercurio
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by mercurio 12.03.18 17:31

ELTP wrote: You might be our first Belgian member, @mercurio. You are doing very good job with your English! When I first started writing on the DM forum, my English was terrible. Do you know other active duelists in Belgium?

I have some acquaintance but they don't play more a game per year Sad .

The game was note a big game in my country (so little game shop have sold DM and even less promoted it ...)

I have been a lot on duelmasters forums but never have I seen so many people register, it's impressive Shocked
    Creampuff
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Creampuff 13.03.18 18:33

Ello, I'm 20 and live in the US, Florida to be specific. I owned some cards as a kid and played the gba games, but that's about it. A friend and I have talked about getting into the game again, and we'd like to know some of the top decks so we may proxy them out and try them out. A side thing, if anyone knows where I'd be able to watch any of the new anime subbed and could point me in the right direction, that'd be much appreciated.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 14.03.18 12:46

mercurio wrote:I have some acquaintance but they don't play more a game per year Sad .

The game was note a big game in my country (so little game shop have sold DM and even less promoted it ...)

I have been a lot on duelmasters forums but never have I seen so many people register, it's impressive Shocked
    I'm sorry to hear that. Once a year is not much.

Duel Masters didn't boom everywhere and actually, I get into it after the boom was already over.

This forum is not all Duel Masters Reborn has so that's why we have grown rather big. We are collaborating with other DM communities as well. The goal is to strengthen the international DM community as a whole.

Creampuff wrote:Ello, I'm 20 and live in the US, Florida to be specific. I owned some cards as a kid and played the gba games, but that's about it. A friend and I have talked about getting into the game again, and we'd like to know some of the top decks so we may proxy them out and try them out. A side thing, if anyone knows where I'd be able to watch any of the new anime subbed and could point me in the right direction, that'd be much appreciated.
    Welcome, @Creampuff!

Oh, not many have got into this game through those games. The AI in them was rather limited, or so I have heard. You could easily trick it to do poor decisions. And some cases, it would just make poor decisions because it was so simplistic (high mana cost = the biggest threat etc.).

The top decks include Marino Control, Bolmeteus RUB, A variety of Wave Striker decks, Wise Starnoid, Hydrooze, BU Lucky Ball aggro, LW aggro to name a few. There is also Bombazar Blue, but it's too strong/anticlimatic and that's why Bombazar is banned in most tournaments. So there are lots of decks that can be considered top decks and you will find more of those on our Deck Building section.
    Creampuff
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Creampuff 14.03.18 19:44

@ELTP

Thanks man.

Yeah the games were a bit too easy, but I was a kid with few friends back then so it was the only way to play. It's kinda fun to go back and just beat up on the AI now a days.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into those. Would you happen to know any of the top tier decks for the OCG as well? I'd like to try their decks out.

So I was looking into the 2017 anime and it seems like no one is subbing it. I looked into the anime history a bit wanting to watch some of the subbed stuff, but I can't find any of it, would anyone know if any subs exist at all for any Duel Masters Series?
    AIMnokaijudo
    AIMnokaijudo
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 6 Empty hello !

Post by AIMnokaijudo 14.03.18 20:06

Hello, I'm a newcomer and a big fan of duel masters since the beginning of the series . I discovered this website thanks to a youtube video and i'm glad that there are other fans of DM in the world to discuss about it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 15.03.18 17:23

@Creampuff
    I would suggest looking into DM Wiki´s Metagame page. It is kept up to date by fellow duelists.

I have heard that there was some subs but the non-Japanese community must be very small. I have enjoyed the anime even though I don´t understand Japanese at all. The duels have been very nicely realized in them!

Welcome @AIMnokaijudo! It´s so nice that the video helped people to find us! There is still plenty of people around collecting and playing DM.
    Desrtthunderraiga
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Desrtthunderraiga 03.04.18 3:19

Hey, raiga here! Started playing 2004 the games. Always thought it was amazing. If it would still be up in the USA is be an avid player
    AleksVin
    AleksVin
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : +3

Post by AleksVin 03.04.18 20:51

Hello everyone,

My name is Aleks.

I'm 21 and living in Germany.

I recently found my old Duel Masters cards again, but don't have anyone to play with.

Someone recommended this site to me, so I thought to myself, why not sign up and try to meet people living close to me.

So what is the best way finding people that are living near me?

Btw. I'm not really used to forums and sorry if my english is a little bit awkward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 5:22