Duel Masters Reborn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Masters Community Forum - Duel, Discuss, Trade, Share

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Feedback Points : None

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by iamjason8 31.05.17 10:06

ohdeer wrote:
    Indeed, I've heard that MvC's difficult game and to be honest I haven't played crossover games much. I'd say I'm just a big fan of Capcom's and Marvel's franchise. I mean games in general and a little bit of comics, films, animes etc.
    How big's your group of DM duelists in New Zealand?

I hear ya. I'm on a similar boat.

It's just a group of five and we just play very casually. Three of us provided literally all of the cards and the decks just sit there ready to be used by anyone. I'm fairly certain there are other small groups dispersed around the country that I don't know much about though.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself

Post by OcaVan 02.06.17 15:57

That's a very interesting. I wonder how many 'hidden' DM duelist are in my country.

Anyway, i'm not a moderator but i think we should discuss this elsewere in another thread section =)
    DM_Bergen
    Initiate
    Initiate

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 5 Empty New to the forum

Post by DM_Bergen 08.06.17 20:27

I very recently joined this forum.

I used to play Duel Masters in local tournaments and got quite good at the game. Unfortunately DM got canceled.

I've stuck with my cards and I'm still passionate about the game.

Would love to trade/duel locally!

iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 09.06.17 5:04

DM_Bergen wrote:I very recently joined this forum.

I used to play Duel Masters in local tournaments and got quite good at the game. Unfortunately DM got canceled.

I've stuck with my cards and I'm still passionate about the game.

Would love to trade/duel locally!

Welcome to the forums! I noticed a good amount of DM players are based in Singapore and Europe so hopefully you'll be able to attend some meet ups!

I'm trying to pump out some more DM content (mostly deck profiles for now) and Earthpower has recently gotten back into the content creation side as well so now is a good a time as any to get back into the game. Smile
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Feedback Points : +6

Post by Zach Hartigan 10.06.17 16:33

Hi DM_Bergen and welcome to Duel Masters Reborn! There are few collectors in Norway so i quess you have some real chance arrange irl duels! Try to contact Haiken, he is active duelist king

Welcoming Thread - Introduce Yourself - Page 5 Promo114
    DM_Bergen
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by DM_Bergen 11.06.17 19:44

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I don't like to play DM online as of now. I'll pop into this forum every few days and contribute in what ways I can! Very Happy
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 02.07.17 12:29

Hello there!
    I just found out about this site, glad there are so many people left, who still play and trade DM!

I'm from Germany and i play and collect since back when the game released here with the DM01 Starter Deck.
    Actually i don't collect or trade cards anymore, except if it seems necessary, but i have a massive collection, do play online and love to create weird decks and strategies, so be prepares for some exotic styles of gameplay!
    Will post some lists sooner or later.
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Post by Zach Hartigan 02.07.17 17:12

Welcome aboard! Cool

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Feedback Points : +8

Post by Admin 04.07.17 21:30

Welcome to our international DM community, everyone! Nice to have you all joining us here.

I have been very busy with my local DM community and real life things and that's why I haven't been active here for the past two months. I can't promise to be more active just yet but at least I will check my inbox and new messages here more regularly again and continue thriving our community forward.

@Bronze-Arm Sloth, I recommend you to contact either @OcaVan or @KazeBlack. They both are big into DM and have organized local meetings in Germany. I even participated on 2 events in Hamburg this year. A massive collection = a massive amount of fun! Suprisingly many TCG cards are still playable (TCG was discontinued in 2006, that's the main reason) so don't be afraid to get in touch with other Germans.
    DarkPuppeteer
    DarkPuppeteer
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by DarkPuppeteer 04.07.17 21:55

Rawr!! I'm Wolf or Nate and Ilove Duel Masters and been trying to buy them in Japan unfortunately Amazon hard to navigate and not bought any current sets to my dissapointment.. I'm really into Devil Masks and Death Puppets (hence username)
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 05.07.17 3:29

Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:Hello there!
    I just found out about this site, glad there are so many people left, who still play and trade DM!

I'm from Germany and i play and collect since back when the game released here with the DM01 Starter Deck.
    Actually i don't collect or trade cards anymore, except if it seems necessary, but i have a massive collection, do play online and love to create weird decks and strategies, so be prepares for some exotic styles of gameplay!

Hello! Always nice to see some fresh German faces around here. Would you mind telling us which city you live in? I'd like to know, we hold meetings in northern Germany (Hannover) on a regular basis so if you live close enough feel free to come visit us. Smile

Like ELTP already hinted at, I'm one of the very few people left in Germany who are still massively into DM since the very beginning. I primarily am an international trader who ships cards all over the world and I own one of the largest DM collections in entire Europe. So if you're looking for cards or advice I can potentially help. Feel free to write me a PM any time.
    NightMaster
    NightMaster
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by NightMaster 06.07.17 19:32

Hello everyone, I am a french player of DuelMasters.
    I started playing this game when it releases in France, a long time ago...
    But sometimes we continue play it with some friends, with others TCG like Magic, World of Warcraft...

For the game, what I love is MULTIPLAYER. I regist on this site for speak about this variant, decks and rules Smile

I can do trade too, I haven't got a lot of cards, but if you have some "charger" spell, it can interest me ^^

And my favorite card is Night Master, Shadow of Decay, atari promo version ! Very Happy

Good Play !
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Bronze-Arm Sloth
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Post by Bronze-Arm Sloth 10.07.17 10:37

KazeBlack wrote:
    Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:Hello there!

Hello! Always nice to see some fresh German faces around here. Would you mind telling us which city you live in? I'd like to know, we hold meetings in northern Germany (Hannover) on a regular basis so if you live close enough feel free to come visit us. Smile

Like ELTP already hinted at, I'm one of the very few people left in Germany who are still massively into DM since the very beginning. I primarily am an international trader who ships cards all over the world and I own one of the largest DM collections in entire Europe. So if you're looking for cards or advice I can potentially help. Feel free to write me a PM any time.

We might know each other from sight actually, we might even went to the same schools for some time. We're both from the same town(s).
    I would have visited already as well, but i'm not really interested in this, TouchMe told me from thisand asked as well, but i can't get the time to put that into my daily routines... thus i only play tcg online via octgn with some friends.

Also i am in a little private group of the lasting active players and collectors, and i can tel you, there are more than "few people" there are lots!
    No need for bragging, i know people who though don't care about ocg, (as well as me), owning more than 1 playset of each entirely released card in tcg, including all promo versions... i can't stand people who show off with what they are and what they have.
    Not meaning to harm you Kazeblack, but i'm not really impressed, everyone can sell things worldwide and call himself a trader..
    Just my opinion
    loui-mh
    loui-mh
    Master of Destruction
    Master of Destruction

Feedback Points : +11

Post by loui-mh 12.07.17 11:35

So yeah, now it's time for me to introduce myself again to this apparently upcoming big DM community!
    I deleted my account a few month ago bc of many things I had to do, but now I'm back, so I guess, a new introduction would be the best thing.

I'm from Germany too and some of you will know me already from TCO, ebay or carousell.
    My first contact with DM was directly in the beginning of this TCG and I started collect and play as much as possible. But as fast as DM rose up, it breaks down again. I suddenly stopped collecting and playing after about three years - I guess it was around DM11. A few years ago I found my old collection in my closet, wiped off that thick dust and started again to play and collect - well more collect, because I'm unfortunately the last one in my hometown and in that area.
    I participated in many tournaments that time and can now call a huge collection and many decks my own. I'm always up to new deckideas, creating new ones, smash old decks down, collect and trade new cards and tinker on new ones.

So well, so much to me.
    If you need anything, feel free to hit me up. A trade is always welcome.

Cheers, thanks for reading and yeah, have a nice day!

loui-mh
    KazeBlack
    KazeBlack

Feedback Points : +1

Post by KazeBlack 12.07.17 15:31

Bronze-Arm Sloth wrote:

We might know each other from sight actually, we might even went to the same schools for some time. We're both from the same town(s).
    I would have visited already as well, but i'm not really interested in this, TouchMe told me from thisand asked as well, but i can't get the time to put that into my daily routines... thus i only play tcg online via octgn with some friends.

Also i am in a little private group of the lasting active players and collectors, and i can tel you, there are more than "few people" there are lots!
    No need for bragging, i know people who though don't care about ocg, (as well as me), owning more than 1 playset of each entirely released card in tcg, including all promo versions... i can't stand people who show off with what they are and what they have.
    Not meaning to harm you Kazeblack, but i'm not really impressed, everyone can sell things worldwide and call himself a trader..
    Just my opinion

Watch your tone a bit please. I was merely introducing myself to you, as I am Moderator here and contributed some to this forum's development means people talk about me/my work sometimes so you should maybe get to know who I am, right? I don't want you to feel puzzled about any of our staff. I love you

Too bad you don't have time/don't want to invest time to meet our community. I'd really like to meet you one day. TCG or no, it doesn't matter for me. For me, it's the love for the game that counts and I love to share it with everybody around the globe and face them in person, rather than on screen. It's a whole different feeling and level of passion. That's why I started a trading business together with friends. I want as many people as possible to have a possibility to get the new cards. It's not about showing off or bragging. Gathering stock and helping out people who might need my help is part of my job in this community. You shouldn't judge my service without knowing me and how professional global OCG trading/selling actually looks like. Wink

Small note about TouchMe, from a fairly neutral perspective. He knows me personally, and also on a more private, non DM-related level. He is a nice and really funny guy overall but can be...difficult sometimes. He can get triggered about very small things which is why he doesn't have a very good reputation here as of late and there are various people who distance themselves from him due to that so idk what he told you about the community, me specifically (because of what me and him went through privately) or anything else DM related, I just hope this is not the primary reason why you don't like private meetings/not influencing your opinion on real-life meetings negatively). This is a topic we talk about frequently within our small German community and since you know him to some degree you have a right to know about this as well.

Like a said. For Questions, trades, anything else, feel free to PM and enjoy your stay here Smile
    Zach Hartigan
    Zach Hartigan

Post by Zach Hartigan 12.07.17 18:45

TouchMe lol Laughing

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 12.07.17 22:04

Welcome everyone! Wow, Europe is getting bigger here!

Hannover has somewhat problematic DM scene, meaning not everyone wants to be involved with each other and that changes how meetings are organized. Still, there are quite many active duelists there, many of which I know personally and the events has been nice and rather international! A Finn - and quite recently - 2 Swedes have visited Germany to have a nice duel weekend there.

If you travel around, don't hesitate taking contact with the local community with the help of our forum. You never know unless you ask!

KazeBlack has done amazing job on our community and was just giving an introduction. When a person does lots of trading, he gets contacts, which really helps in creating a thriving community, whether it's international - like us here - or local. That's why DM is rather healthy in Finland. That's why our community exists.
    iamjason8
    Master of Evolution
    Master of Evolution

Post by iamjason8 17.07.17 8:08

I've been away from the forum for a short while but this is definitely a pleasant surprise. Welcome to all new members. Please do feel free to jump into the discussion. Reason I say that is because I've seen a couple of 'new members' who don't go beyond the first five posts. Laughing

We're here to chat and to help.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 22.07.17 13:54

Excactly, don't be afraid of writing a message - no matter how little it might seem (as long as it's not totally meaningless / spam).

Glad to hear you are back @iamjason8
    Kitepyro
    Kitepyro
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by Kitepyro 20.09.17 6:11

Hey everyone. I am a male that likes to play card games. I used to watch the original Dual Masters show a long time ago. I remember playing a deck way back in the day (Can't remember what was the deck). After the end of the Dual Masters show, I lost interested into the game and my friend weren't playing it.

What got me back to the game is looking through a couple cards I found. The cards are Essence Elf, Chaos Worm, Engineer Kipo, Amber Piercer, Critical Blade, and Leaping Tornado Horn. I was thinking of getting back to Duel Masters, but I don't know where to start since it has been a very long time since I played. Also looking at your forum, what interested me was the "Highlander" Dual Masters gameplay. Since I play a lot of Elder Dragon Highlander in Magic the Gathering.
    zerovash
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by zerovash 20.09.17 22:34

Hello everyone.

I'm also an European player (Portugal). Coming back to the game after a long break Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 21.09.17 11:59

Welcome to our community, @Kitepyro and @zerovash!

I'm glad that you found this forum. A good way to start dueling again is using either Trade Cards Online's or OCTGN's online platform building and improving your decks and also playing around with various different ideas.

It could also be vise to build at least two decks that are fun to play against each other in real life and this way introduce this game to people close to you. Maybe they won't get hooked but at least you would be able to have a good time with them and also enjoy Duel Masters.

The highlander format could be used in Duel Masters but generally it's not played, except for Japan and OCG - but it's not hugely popular there either.

If you need cards or advice in building a deck, feel free posting on our forum or pm'ing me.
    zerovash
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post by zerovash 21.09.17 18:58

ELTP wrote:Welcome to our community, @Kitepyro and @zerovash!

I'm glad that you found this forum. A good way to start dueling again is using either Trade Cards Online's or OCTGN's online platform building and improving your decks and also playing around with various different ideas.

It could also be vise to build at least two decks that are fun to play against each other in real life and this way introduce this game to people close to you. Maybe they won't get hooked but at least you would be able to have a good time with them and also enjoy Duel Masters.

The highlander format could be used in Duel Masters but generally it's not played, except for Japan and OCG - but it's not hugely popular there either.

If you need cards or advice in building a deck, feel free posting on our forum or pm'ing me.

If you look closely, you'll find that I was one of the authors for the Octgn plugin Smile

Btw, why haven't we meged with: http://dmoctgn.proboards.com/ ? Splitting the fanbase doesn't seem pretty good.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin 25.09.17 13:10

zerovash wrote:If you look closely, you'll find that I was one of the authors for the Octgn plugin Smile

Btw, why haven't we meged with: http://dmoctgn.proboards.com/ ? Splitting the fanbase doesn't seem pretty good.
    Many users of OCTGN are already a part of this community. Besides, OCTGN is more about offering a dueling platform than anything else. That all said, we are not splitting the community here.

We are happy to collaborate with all DM-related platforms and communities. That's one of the core reasons why we exist.
    OcaVan
    OcaVan
    Black Shadow
    Black Shadow

Feedback Points : +12

Post by OcaVan 05.10.17 14:21

Kytepyro wrote:Hey everyone. I am a male that likes to play card games. I used to watch the original Dual Masters show a long time ago. I remember playing a deck way back in the day (Can't remember what was the deck). After the end of the Dual Masters show, I lost interested into the game and my friend weren't playing it.

What got me back to the game is looking through a couple cards I found. The cards are Essence Elf, Chaos Worm, Engineer Kipo, Amber Piercer, Critical Blade, and Leaping Tornado Horn. I was thinking of getting back to Duel Masters, but I don't know where to start since it has been a very long time since I played. Also looking at your forum, what interested me was the "Highlander" Dual Masters gameplay. Since I play a lot of Elder Dragon Highlander in Magic the Gathering.

Hey Kitepyro!
    ELTP is right, "Highlander" Duel Masters isn't played a lot in TCG, but doesn't mean it isn't worth trying espicially there is no limit for the amount of cards you can play in a deck if it's at least 40 cards. I even played against a deck that was named 'one of everything' and it was very versatile and exciting.
    Essence Elf, Chaos Worm and Critical Blade can be useful cards. You can take a look in here to find suitable deck ideas that containing some of those cards: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectCard/game_id/33/goal/DK

I like your signature (or in DM sense 'flavour text'): "Create a deck that you love, not what is really good. A deck that you built reflects on your play style and personality."
    I share this opinion in most of it's aspecsts. A deck doesn't has to be super strong, neither weak but it has to be challenging, fun and a bit of your passion/excitement. Play style really depends on your opponnents deck, but yes, also on the cards you put into your deck. However i don't think decks reflect your personality. I guess you mean that in a more metaphorical sense/ and passionate for DM. A personality is much bigger than this.

@zerovash

Nobody wants to split the DM community, i can't barely imagine that. As ELTP says, it's more of a cooperation. However it's cool that you help to develop the octgn plugin!

What made you come back to Duel Masters?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.03.24 9:11